View Poll Results: How many of the 1st/2nd round NCAA tourney games do you plan to watch?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • None of them

7 25.00%
  • 1-3 games

4 14.29%
  • 4-6 games

5 17.86%
  • 7-9 games

2 7.14%
  • 10+ games

10 35.71%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 03/19/2010 Game Thread #69: Pacers vs Pistons

Angry Re: 03/19/2010 Game Thread #69: Pacers vs Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be happy with a win ( or loss ) if it we were playing AJ, BRush, Inferno, Granger, Hibbert and McRobert ( just to see if he's a good fit with this core of Players ) a good # of minutes together. If we win with Watson, Dunleavy and Murphy playing major minutes....great.....but honestly...whatever....it does nothing for me.

NOTE - This doesn't mean that I don't want the Team to win....it just means that I'd prefer to give minutes to our young Players and see if they can win ( or lose ) rather then give it to Players that won't be here beyond the 2010-2011 season.
    Exactly how I feel! I just don't understand playing Dunleavy, Murphy, or Watson at all. People can't honestly tell me that Det isn't tanking. I mean no way are we this good. I still hope they start making shots and we start missing but it might not matter with a 19 point lead. We could not score again this game and still win.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 03/19/2010 Game Thread #69: Pacers vs Pistons

I will hate it if we don't get a top 5 pick!

That said, I always love to it when the Pacers take it to Detroit. I can't help it.

It's certainly possible for us to blow a big first half lead though...
    Last edited by gummy; 03-19-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Has anyone here ever sat at the end of the court? I have tickets in section 1 for Sunday, but I've never sat behind the backboard and I'm wondering what the sightlines are like.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Detroit got terrible in a hurry.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

throughout the season, detroit and indiana have been just about dead even in suckiness. But head to head for whatever reason, Indiana has obliterated us every time.

Other than the younger guys, watching this team nowadays is like having teeth pulled. None of them really look like the give a **** anymore. All the hustle and energy they had to start the season is long since gone.

Credit Indiana for coming to play. Their energy level is noticeably much higher. Carbon copy of the 1st two games.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I don't care about the pick tonight... root for them to lose other games. This is the Pistons... I always want us to beat the Pistons.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I watch because I'm a fan of the Pacers, no matter what.

I see that the young guys are playing, I'm just wishing we could get the perfect combo of them playing well and an eventual loss.

I know the draft is not everything, as it took me a long time to take this stance, but what else do we have? Hoping the summer after this we get lucky with cap space? Getting some hopefully good talent would do wonders for this team. It's just we don't have many options at getting this team back to winning tradition.
    Well, look at it this way, in one more year we're going to be in a win-win situation either way. If we don't get a great draft pick that nets us a perennial all-star, then we're still going to have a ton of cap space. Hopefully even if we get a middle of the road pick this year--and with the talent in the top 10, more of those guys than not will end up being worthy of starting talent on contending teams--then we're free to make a bid (or a very lopsided trade in our favor, being that you can make a trade in which salaries don't match) for an all-star talent. Granger+Hibbert+2010 top 10 pick+an unnamed all star is a team that ought to contend. And without having to wait a few more years for a team full of young players to develop.

Either way, I predict we'll have two more all-star caliber players on this team within the next two years. If one of them's not Wall, Turner or Favors, then whoever we pick up as a FA can make up for that.

Watching teams like the Pistons, who are no where near having a solid nucleus for the future, makes me realize that for us getting a top 3 pick would be an absolute steal. We're not a good team right now--but we're much closer to getting back there than some of the other bottom feeders. Kind of how I feel about Minnesota, who has so much promise in their young talent that you suspect they might soon be pretty good even without a #1 pick this year.
    Last edited by ToasterBusVIP; 03-19-2010 at 08:23 PM.

JOB can't even tank a season the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Other than the younger guys, watching this team nowadays is like having teeth pulled. None of them really look like the give a **** anymore. All the hustle and energy they had to start the season is long since gone.
    It's called tanking. Around here no one wants to hear about it because according to some it doesn't exist, however, as you pointed out Detroit is a completely different team now than how they started the season. I will LMAO if Detroit finishes a spot ahead of Indy in the standing and end up with a top 3 pick and we end up with like the 6th or 7th pick.

Holy cow check that out. I don't I've ever seen that before... certainly not from a Pacer team.

At the half:

Watson +29
    Rush +30
    Hibbert +28
    Granger +28
    Murphy +29
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Holy cow check that out. I don't I've ever seen that before... certainly not from a Pacer team.

At the half:

Watson +29
    Rush +30
    Hibbert +28
    Granger +28
    Murphy +29
    Murphy's been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31 View Post
    It's called tanking. Around here no one wants to hear about it because according to some it doesn't exist, however, as you pointed out Detroit is a completely different team now than how they started the season. I will LMAO if Detroit finishes a spot ahead of Indy in the standing and end up with a top 3 pick and we end up with like the 6th or 7th pick.
    oh, I'm not going to deny that they're tanking. Guys are being held out extra-long with injuries, and theyre being brought back super-slow. There's also no rhyme or reason what what they run anymore. They just roll the ball out and play.

That said, I've made my stance on tanking well-known. It sucks and they should all be embarrassed of themselves. I don't want a high draft pick if it comes this way.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

So are you a Pistons fan? Why would you take joy in such an occurance. Do you pray for failure as well?

Only guy on our team that gives %100 every night is Jerebko. Pleasure to watch a kid that young that still plays hard when the "leaders" around him are throwing in the towel.

Our center is 6'5." That is hilarious. There are college teams that field bigger lineups.

Indy is taking their foot off the gas a little bit. Gratuitous fouls are about the only way they are going to cough up that lead.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Detroit will get a high draft pick, but given Dumars' draft history I wouldn't be too thrilled over it if I were Pistons fan.

In fact, I'd prefer that they draft ahead of us just to get one of the draft's busts off the board before we're up.

his last lotto pick was 7 years ago. It's rather false bravado to just assume he's going to draft a bust this time around. Assuming that he learned nothing over the last seven years is a tad ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    So are you a Pistons fan? Why would you take joy in such an occurance. Do you pray for failure as well?
    I am 110% a Pacers fan. I do not pray for failure but if failure ends up making me better in the long run then I welcome it. I look at the big picture as a whole not in parts or moment to moment. I guess I just have NO faith in what Bird will end up doing with either our expiring contracts or our future cap space, so getting a top 3 pick this year is something I do have confidence that he won't screw up.

I'm convinced--seeing Roy and Brandon get their confidence and take control out there on the floor is what I'm tuning in to see. If I were to watch a game and see these young guys really trying to break out, and then see the veterans chucking up selfish shots instead of finding the open man, or not congratulating and encouraging Roy and Brandon, then I wouldn't be able to stomach that.

If there's a point where it's more acceptable to purposely sit your best players and try to tank the season, I think we're already beyond that point. Too much of our future is now invested in these guys to mess up what we're seeing is good competitive attitude and growing confidence in themselves and each other.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Detroit will get a high draft pick, but given Dumars' draft history I wouldn't be too thrilled over it if I were Pistons fan.

In fact, I'd prefer that they draft ahead of us just to get one of the draft's busts off the board before we're up.
    Dang, that's cold.

I hate to say this, but I'm genuinely mad that they're winning.

What is it about Murphy that makes him put up big numbers in the first half of games then disappear in the second half?

I am 110% a Pacers fan. I do not pray for failure but if failure ends up making me better in the long run then I welcome it. I look at the big picture as a whole not in parts or moment to moment. I guess I just have NO faith in what Bird will end up doing with either our expiring contracts or our future cap space, so getting a top 3 pick this year is something I do have confidence that he won't screw up.
    I was just pointing out that you said you would LYAO if the Pistons got a better draft pick than us. I just don't see the humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I don't want a high draft pick if it comes this way.
    But you'll take it.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Has Rush been covering Rip and/or Gordon? 3 points and 5 turnovers between them.