View Poll Results: How many of the 1st/2nd round NCAA tourney games do you plan to watch?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • None of them

7 25.00%
  • 1-3 games

4 14.29%
  • 4-6 games

5 17.86%
  • 7-9 games

2 7.14%
  • 10+ games

10 35.71%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 03/19/2010 Game Thread #69: Pacers vs Pistons

Default Re: 03/19/2010 Game Thread #69: Pacers vs Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not going to argue about tanking or anything, but just have a couple points to make.

1. We played the Pistons, let us not act shocked
    2. A lot of anger comes from the young talent not getting enough run. Tonight Hibbert had 43 minutes, which was more than anyone else on the team, and Rush had 38 minutes, only one minute from being tied for second on the team with Granger. We want our youth to develop, so when they play well we are going to win some games, especially against other bad teams. Playing well and learning how to win is developing. While the timing might not be the best, considering our draft position, they core young guys are starting to play better and develop. Do I think A.J. should have had more minutes tonight? definitely, and even McRoberts I think should get more run. My main point here is that the young guys are going to play well sometimes and when they play well, we have a good shot at winning.
    3. just look at a guy like Steve Nash and look where he came from and where he is today. Not getting a top 5 pick is not the end of the world
    I think Stucky is a really tough defensive assignment for AJ, and it showed.

Although, like I'd prefer Roy to play against bad matchups, it would have been better for AJ to learn too. They have to learn how to deal with that sometime, what better time to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    I say we pick up a 'Flip Murray-type' player, win a few more games and drop into an 11-13th pick. Even if we manage to get unbelievably lucky like Chicago did with Rose, it is frustrating that this team has a coach that doesn't value the future of this franchise...unless he already knows he's going to get the boot anyway.
    Even if he knows he is going to get the boot Bird should be forcing him to play the young players. No matter how we look at it I put all of this on Bird.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerFreak31 For This Useful Post:

This game pissed me off. Excuse my language, but I'm mad.

Sorry to sound like a lameduck, but we needed this loss. What the hell is this team doing?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squirrelz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    You're way, way off base on this one.

IMO, Gordon is the better player, and he fits with the current roster of younger players much, much better.

When Gordon started for us, he played great and we won games. We didnt start to suck like this until Rip took his job back and started to kill the flow of our offense by monopolizing the ball.

Same goes for V, although V is really hurting and that has played into it a bit as well. Plantar Fascitis has him moving like a 42 year old man.
    Maybe Gordon is the better player these days. I just find it odd that Hamilton fit just fine on an NBA champion, but cannot fit on a team that just lost to the lowly Pacers. Something just seems wrong here. Hamilton is not an old player. Perhaps he doesn't fit on this Piston team as well, but I think that's a symptom of a problem and doesn't really speak to how good of a piece he could be to a good team. JMHO.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now I want the pacers to get a top 5 pick just like the next man.....but they are not gonna go out there to lose on purpose whether the young players are out there or not. Come on people, lets be logic here.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Banned

other teams are already doing it, what are they going to lose if they do it? the issue is that they keep giving heavy minutes to Watson, Dun and Murphy this is what is making me mad

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    Now I want the pacers to get a top 5 pick just like the next man.....but they are not gonna go out there to lose on purpose whether the young players are out there or not. Come on people, lets be logic here.
    I'll be logic. I think a better shot at Wall or Turner means more than this win...especially since half the players that participated are short-timers and have one foot out the door.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    But at least we'll all be able to sleep at night.

It's a well-known fact that there's no worse sin a person can commit than rooting for their favorite NBA team to go 25-57 rather than 30-52.
    Again, I'm glad the Pacers show up and compete now, when it doesn't matter, and end up hurting themselves in the long-run, because these wins really do matter. I mean, what's the big deal, during a season that doesn't matter, who cares if we try to win games, when we could at least attempt to get as high a pick as possible. Who cares about that pick, because even though that pick may not pan out, we know that this win will matter in future.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Still amazed that AJ Price isn't starting for you guys by now.

O'Brien must be trying to save his job keeping Watson in the starting five, but in actuality, Price is the better point.

I don't know, non-Pacer fan's view here.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lefty For This Useful Post:

Mood

The theory for the Pacers with no hope of making the playoffs:

1. Finish the season strong by winning games

2. Somehow carry over momentum from the strong finish into the offseason and eventually the next season

3. ???

4. Championship
    Pacers,baby!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeliumFear For This Useful Post:

Mood

someone please tell the pacers to stop ****ing winning

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

LMAO...I never seen so much anger over a win. Of course, I'm in the same camp.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

OH my, we lose when we as fans want to win, we win when we want to lose. Just thé perfect season to follow as a fan.

We want to carry over momentum to next season? Yeah, like that brought us something last year...Like you can hold on to your 'important' momentum for a half year..Ahaa.

Im not mad the we dont get Wall/Turner this way, i wasnt hoping for those guys anyway, because the odds werent that great. But we had and still have a legit shot at Favor, or Cousins, or Wall, or Turner. And we are blowin that for; momentum..Shoot me..I guess the players are blowing it for us also, because they cant lose. Well, those players are playing for the Pacers. Its for the Pacers best interest to lose from now on. Put your ego's aside, your not playing for yourself, but for the team, the club, the fans...
    Last edited by DEEman; 03-20-2010 at 02:49 AM.
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DEEman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    I'm not asking the Pacers to purposely lose....I'm asking them to give more playing time to AJ*** and McRoberts then 11 minutes to see if they are going to be part of the future core or not. Giving AJ and McRoberts more minutes ( specifically evaluating our young Players while developing them at the same time ) at this point in the season IMHO doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to winning....it's possible to do both and still have a chance at winning...cuz seriously....can we do any worse? As long as we are competing with our Players and putting out the best effort while playing these young Players....I have no problem with that.

***BTW....I included AJ in there....the mere fact that he played 11 minutes makes me question whether TPTB consider him part of the future or not.

As I posted earlier in this thread....I have no problem winning ( or losing for that matter ) while giving some more minutes to AJ and/or McRoberts.....my motto at this point is to "play our young Players and let the chips fall where they may"....but give extended minutes to Players while minimizing the # of minutes to those young Players does very little for me at this point in the season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-20-2010 at 03:01 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm not asking the Pacers to purposely lose....I'm asking them to give more playing time to AJ*** and McRoberts then 11 minutes to see if they are going to be part of the future core or not. Giving AJ and McRoberts more minutes ( specifically evaluating our young Players while developing them at the same time ) at this point in the season IMHO doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to winning....it's possible to do both and still have a chance at winning...cuz seriously....can we do any worse? As long as we are competing with our Players and putting out the best effort while playing these young Players....I have no problem with that.

***BTW....I included AJ in there....the mere fact that he played 11 minutes makes me question whether TPTB consider him part of the future or not.
    To be fair (because I hate O'Brien as much as the next guy), Price just played like crap tonight and got the amount of minutes he deserved. McBobs didn't play exceptionally bad or good. He was sort of just "there" tonight.
    Grown Man Ball

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeliumFear View Post
    Now that the season is effectively over for us,the Pacers decide they have something to prove.

I'm ticked. I feel like walking into The Palace wearing an Artest jersey and starting a riot.
    I'm in that same spot with you, emotionally. I mean WTF is this team doing? If we win the last few games of the season and end up with something like pick 10 I don't know if I still want to dedicate my late nights/early mornings to more of this. I think I will rather get my sleep then
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman View Post
    OH my, we lose when we as fans want to win, we win when we want to lose. Just thé perfect season to follow as a fan.

We want to carry over momentum to next season? Yeah, like that brought us something last year...Like you can hold on to your 'important' momentum for a half year..Ahaa.

Im not mad the we dont get Wall/Turner this way, i wasnt hoping for those guys anyway, because the odds werent that great. But we had and still have a legit shot at Favor, or Cousins, or Wall, or Turner. And we are blowin that for; momentum..Shoot me..I guess the players are blowing it for us also, because they cant lose. Well, those players are playing for the Pacers. Its for the Pacers best interest to lose from now on. Put your ego's aside, your not playing for yourself, but for the team, the club, the fans...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Banned
    Mood

We're currently in a three-way tie with Detroit and Sacramento for picks five through seven.

If we keep winning like this, I'm going to have to throw myself down the stairs if I plan on seeing stars at Conseco any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

As I posted earlier in this thread....I have no problem winning ( or losing for that matter ) while giving some more minutes to AJ and/or McRoberts.....my motto at this point is to "play our young Players and let the chips fall where they may"....but give extended minutes to Players while minimizing the # of minutes to those young Players does very little for me at this point in the season.
    Bird's said a few times that Price, Hibbert, and Granger are definitely part of the core, and Rush maybe. (PLEASE KEEP HIM) I thought Hans was a definite, but the recent quote of "we'll trade anyone except Hibbert, Price, and Granger" when that had previously included Hans..makes me question his health more than anything.. I just get the feeling Bird isn't telling JOB who to play.

Last night was simple. JOB was trying to win. AJ wasn't playing well. So he sat. He wasn't being aggressive, and stuckey is a really hard cover for him. When he gets to play, he's typically in the game at crunch time..last night though, he just wasn't playing well, and wasn't defending well..so he didn't get to play.

It would have benifitted him, and our future in general if JOB had let AJ, Hibbert and Rush try to win that game. Instead of Murphy and Earl. But, honestly..Earl and Murphy were playing well, so that's who JOB played. I can't really blame him too much..except for the fact that it did nothing to benefit us.