Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62

Thread: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

  1. #26
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,237

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish these Charlotte/Indiana threads would be combined!

    Ist Nazr is a center and the Pacers are looking to draft a PF. Nazr is a quality b/u center to Hibbert. The Pacers can't count on Foster next year to be the b/u center.
    I'd agree with you if TPTB have strong indications that Foster is going to retire. Otherwise, that's an assumption that I'm not prepared to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd swapping Nazr for Ford... GETS RID OF FORD!! Both have expiring contracts next season, and the Pacers are not taking on any extra years with Nazr and still have an expiring for the 2011 summer.
    It seems like a move to me just for the sake of moving Ford. If Foster will retire in the Offseason...then I can see a need cuz it make sense due to need......but if Foster isn't retiring.....then moving Ford just to get Nazr doesn't really make sense to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3rd Gives Price to opportunity to really develop.
    Watson isn't on the books in 2010-2011.....AJ could get his minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Felton makes 5.5 mil this season, and he wants Ford type money 8-9 mil. Charlotte doesn't want to sign him for that kind of money for 4-5 years. They trade Nazr and filler for Ford, let Felton go, keep Augustin as a b/u to Ford, and they have a year to find Ford's replacement at less money. That's why Charlotte does the trade for Ford.
    I'd like to believe that AJ would be our Starter....but IMHO....I don't think the FO thinks he's our future Starter...but our future Backup PG. One way or another over the next 2 seasons.......we're going to need a Starting PG. If Felton could be had for a S&T at ~$6.5 mil a year....I'd be okay with that.....at $8-9 mil.....I agree...way too much for him.

    If TPTB has the opportunity to acquire a solid defensive minded Starting quality veteran PG for a reasonable price ( ~$6.5 mil a year ) for one our Expiring Contracts, then I'd rather pursue him rather then Nazr.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-19-2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd agree with you if TPTB have strong indications that Foster is going to retire. Otherwise, that's an assumption that I'm not prepared to make.


    It seems like a move to me just for the sake of moving Ford. If Foster will retire in the Offseason...then I can see a need cuz it make sense due to need......but if Foster isn't retiring.....then moving Ford just to get Nazr doesn't really make sense to me.


    Watson isn't on the books in 2010-2011.....AJ could get his minutes.


    I'd like to believe that AJ would be our Starter....but IMHO....I don't think the FO thinks he's our future Starter...but our future Backup PG. One way or another over the next 2 seasons.......we're going to need a Starting PG. If Felton could be had for a S&T at ~$6.5 mil a year....I'd be okay with that.....at $8-9 mil.....I agree...way too much for him.

    If TPTB has the opportunity to acquire a solid defensive minded Starting quality veteran PG for a reasonable price ( ~$6.5 mil a year ) for one our Expiring Contracts, then I'd rather pursue him rather then Nazr.

    So you would rather keep Ford than to trade him for Nazr and young'n? Any PG the Pacers have next year will end up being the starter. It's been like that the last 3 years and 2 teams for Ford.

    You have no reason to feel Foster is going to be able to come back next year and contribute either. Why take the chance? If Foster doesn't retire and trys to grind it out only not to be available to play, are you prepared of more Murphy playing center?

    Felton signed this year for 5.5 mil, when the Bobcats wouldn't give him a contract for the money he wanted. He won't get it from them this offseason either.

    If the opportunity comes to trade Ford for Nazr and young player (Henderson, Augustin, or Ajinca), Bird had best take it while walking away smiling.

  3. #28
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Woudn't Nazr be a decent trade piece at next year's deadline? A big body with 6.8 mil coming off the books seems like it would be attractive to a lot of playoff teams.

  4. #29
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woudn't Nazr be a decent trade piece at next year's deadline? A big body with 6.8 mil coming off the books seems like it would be attractive to a lot of playoff teams.
    I'd say moreso than a 5'11" shooting guard.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Without Rush included in the trade deadline version of this scenario, in unison, all of the Bobcats FO and coaching staff and both Johnson and Jordan would have had this reaction


  7. #31
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without Rush included in the trade deadline version of this scenario, in unison, all of the Bobcats FO and coaching staff and both Johnson and Jordan would have had this reaction

    I'm not saying the Bobcats would do it. Just saying I wouldn't consider it if we are trading Brandon Rush.

  8. #32

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with the camp that thinks Rush was as much of a part of the near-deal at the deadline as Ford was, and I agree that they're definitely going to try to include Nazr in any deal where they take back Ford. If that's the case, I definitely think the Pacers need to get something back as sweetener, preferably Henderson.

    If we could do a straight Felton for Ford deal with the numbers proposed above, I'd do it in a second. With a Felton/Price combo we'd be solid at the PG position for at least the next 3 years. I think we'd all be surprised at the effect a fairly consistent and reliable sure-fire starting caliber PG would have on the team. We haven't had one of those here since Mark Jackson - unless you count the 1/3 season Jack spent as a starter.
    This is what I've been saying for several weeks. If we can trade for Felton, or if NJ gets #1 pick and takes Wall, they might be willing to trade D. Harris, or GS might trade M. Ellis if they get Wall. Either way, we need to acquire a seasoned veteran point guard like Felton, Harris, or Ellis (not a rookie), then draft a major big like Favors, Cousins, or Monroe, and next year bring in an elite-seasoned wing player with our free agency money. Adding these three players plus the improvement of our core young guns would put us right back into the Eastern Conference title chase in 2-3 years.

    I disagree that elite NBA players wouldn't come to Indiana....we had a team that went to the NBA finals and won numerous EC Finals in the '90s. Pacers have a great NBA reputation as a franchise and first-class facility. If we win they will come.

  9. #33
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,560
    Mood

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    My guess is where we end up in the draft is gonna dictate on this trade to be revisited. Say we get the #2 spot for example. Wall will be gone and we would most likely pick Turner. If we could re-visit the trade and get it through, Felton would be a great pick-up. Possibly a starting five of:

    PG: Felton
    SG: Turner
    SF: Danny
    PF: Murphy (I cringed a little)
    C: Hibbert

    I see this as a nice starting line-up to prepare for the 2011 season when we will be much improved financially and hopefully have a new coach. If we could use our expirings to make a very good PF that is better on D and more athletic, we have a good core then.

  10. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Bringing in the Bobcats' castoffs sure sounds like a recipe for success to me.

  11. #35
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    I'm interested in seeing how the Bird-Jordan relationship affects this situation.

    Would not be surprised to see another Larry Bird Special Draft Day Trade; if not with the Bobcats, then with some other team.

  12. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Felton's career shooting percentages bring to mind another point guard whose name I can't quite remember...

  13. #37
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Say we get the #2 spot for example.
    I stopped reading right there.

    The Pacers will have the #8 pick this summer. Don't count on anything higher than that unless you want to be cruelly disappointed.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  15. #38

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bringing in the Bobcats' castoffs sure sounds like a recipe for success to me.

    Apparently, the Bobcats didn't want the "Pacers castoffs" of Rush and Ford and turned down the trade b4 the deadline. Maybe the Bobcats FO didn't feel the "Pacers castoffs" of Rush and Ford were a guaranteed recipe for success.

  16. #39
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Our best bet is for Kentucky to win the national championship and therefore Bledsoe decides to come out as well. If this is the case, then I could see us having a better selection at 8. I would hope that Bledsoe would fall to us.

    Damn, if we could trade a future first to get back into the top 10 and draft Bledsoe and Patterson, I would be very happy. Wishful thinking on my part though.

  17. #40

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our best bet is for Kentucky to win the national championship and therefore Bledsoe decides to come out as well. If this is the case, then I could see us having a better selection at 8. I would hope that Bledsoe would fall to us.

    Damn, if we could trade a future first to get back into the top 10 and draft Bledsoe and Patterson, I would be very happy. Wishful thinking on my part though.

    Patterson is too short to play NBA Power forward and doesn't have the outside shot to play SF. Stay focused on Cousins, Favor, and Monroe.

  18. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Pacers are going to be drafting 7th,8th,9th or 10th we need to start talking about Aminu,W Johnson, Patterson, Whiteside and Aldrich.

  19. #42

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    [QUOTE=NashvilleKat;976114]

    Patterson is too short to play NBA Power forward /QUOTE]

    Yeah, so was Barkley and so is Brand, but somehow they seem to have succeeded being too short to play PF. There is an old saying that goes " it's not how big the dog in the fight is, but how big the fight in the dog is." Look how many ideal size PF's there are in the NBA who aren't much of a PF. There is more than size that makes player. I guess the following are too short to play PF in the NBA too.

    Millsap
    Powe
    C. Smith
    Diaw
    Warrick
    Haslem
    Mbah a Moute

    Just to mention a few.

  20. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Yeah, so was Barkley and so is Brand, but somehow they seem to have succeeded being too short to play PF. There is an old saying that goes " it's not how big the dog in the fight is, but how big the fight in the dog is." Look how many ideal size PF's there are in the NBA who aren't much of a PF. There is more than size that makes player. I guess the following are too short to play PF in the NBA too.

    Millsap
    Powe
    C. Smith
    Diaw
    Warrick
    Haslem
    Mbah a Moute
    Just to mention a few.

    Yeah, neither one of those guys you are naming are all stars, the pacers needs an all star no another role player

  21. #44
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    At 8 or 9 we aren't necessarily in a position to draft a sure fire "All-Star", but could get a productive starter.

    Patterson has more bulk than he gets credit for. Karl Malone was listed at 6'9" as well.

  22. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At 8 or 9 we aren't necessarily in a position to draft a sure fire "All-Star", but could get a productive starter.

    Patterson has more bulk than he gets credit for. Karl Malone was listed at 6'9" as well.
    there are better and bigger players in the second round than Patterson, I would pick Wes Johnson or Aminu with the 1st pick and Varnado, Udoh or Pittman with the second pick, I like Patterson but under 10th is to high for him, he is just a role player.

  23. #46

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I like Patterson but under 10th is to high for him, he is just a role player.

    Many said the same about Granger too when the Pacers drafted him while having Artest and Jackson.

  24. #47

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, neither one of those guys you are naming are all stars, the pacers needs an all star no another role player

    Just exactly what allstar is going to be available at 8-10??? That's where the Pacers will be picking if they keep winning.

  25. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just exactly what allstar is going to be available at 8-10??? That's where the Pacers will be picking if they keep winning.
    Jhonson and Aminu could be possible stars in the league, maybe other players, there are better PF's than Patterson I think, guys like Varnado and Udoh are taller and better than him.

  26. #49
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,237

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleKat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Patterson is too short to play NBA Power forward and doesn't have the outside shot to play SF. Stay focused on Cousins, Favor, and Monroe.
    As Anthem posted....I'd stay focus on any Player that will be available beyond the 8th spot.....Cousins and Favors will be long gone. The only one that could be there is Monroe. IMHO....if we drafted Monroe then traded Murphy for some draft Pick or Player that added some Athleticsm to the Frontcourt...then I'd consider picking Monroe. But I'm reluctant given his lack of athleticsm and our dire need for some athleticsm in the Frontcourt.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #50

    Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jhonson and Aminu could be possible stars in the league, maybe other players, there are better PF's than Patterson I think, guys like Varnado and Udoh are taller and better than him.

    I saw Varnado play in his league tournament and liked him, but he's thin and will get pushed around by NBA PF. Being taller doesn't make him better. You need to look at Patterson's all around game, not just 1 or 2 aspects of it for comparison.

    Neither Johnson nor Aminu are PF's, and the Pacers need isn't at small forward.

Similar Threads

  1. Lawson, the next Felton?
    By ESutt7 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 01:59 PM
  2. Artest article in Dime magazine
    By SoupIsGood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 08:53 PM
  3. Ron Artest in Dime magazine
    By swoop in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •