Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

Default Re: Dime Magazine: Felton could be Indiana's next PG

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, neither one of those guys you are naming are all stars, the pacers needs an all star no another role player

If that's true, what makes you think Johnson and Aminu are going to be allstars other than your opinion? I don't believe there are any allstars where the Pacers will be picking, so if the Pacers can't get an allstar what then? Trade the pick or draft another role player?

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any chance Charlotte would be interested in Tyler in place of BRush, should we land a PF in the draft?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    Any chance Charlotte would be interested in Tyler in place of BRush, should we land a PF in the draft?
    We need a Tyler/PF draft rotation to help out defensively.

I wouldn't trade either Tyler or Brandon. They've appeared to be some good future players here. At least Brandon has.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't mind doing a Ford for Felton (8M S&T) only if we just let Troy, Mike and Jeff expire. It still saves money.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    We need a Tyler/PF draft rotation to help out defensively.

I wouldn't trade either Tyler or Brandon. They've appeared to be some good future players here. At least Brandon has.
    I'd rather address the starting PG position, if given the chance, than backup PF. I would think we'd have to combine Tyler with someone else (Price? S. Jones? Our top 2nd rd pick?)

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing a Ford for Felton (8M S&T) only if we just let Troy, Mike and Jeff expire. It still saves money.
    I have a feeling that $8 mil would be hard to swallow....I'd be more comfortable with some S&T that started at $7 mil ( with 10% increases ) per year over the span of 5 seasons ( probably rounding out to about $40 mil total over the course of the contract ). As I've mentioned before.....we will need a Starting PG between now and the start of the 2011-2012 season. Unless we draft one in the 2011-2012 draft.....since it's unlikely we will get our Starting PG in the 2010-2011 draft.....as far as I know....the only way we get one is through FA in the 2011-2012 Offseason ( with Tony Parker being the only one that would be avaiable that is worth anything ) or through acquiring one via a Trade.

IMHO....the best route to go would be via a Trade...or in this case...a S&T. If Felton ( a solid Starting quality PG that will turn 26 in 3 months, plays solid defense and can run a Team's offense ) could be had for $7 mil a season, even at a 5 year contract....I'd be more than satisfied with S&T Ford for him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    As Anthem posted....I'd stay focus on any Player that will be available beyond the 8th spot
    Nope, that's not what I said. I said people shouldn't be emotionally invested in getting higher than the #8 pick.

In terms of actual players to be picked? It's WAY too early. We don't know who's coming out, who's going to raise their stock from the tourney, etc. See how the lotto shakes out at the very least.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I saw Varnado play in his league tournament and liked him, but he's thin and will get pushed around by NBA PF. Being taller doesn't make him better. You need to look at Patterson's all around game, not just 1 or 2 aspects of it for comparison.

Neither Johnson nor Aminu are PF's, and the Pacers need isn't at small forward.
    Sure it is. Dont you know our best lineup is when we run Granger at PF and Murphy at C? we just a need a good SF to spread the floor duh....We will be spreading the floor more than a drunk 18 year olds legs...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    Sure it is. Dont you know our best lineup is when we run Granger at PF and Murphy at C? we just a need a good SF to spread the floor duh....We will be spreading the floor more than a drunk 18 year olds legs...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Nope, that's not what I said. I said people shouldn't be emotionally invested in getting higher than the #8 pick.

In terms of actual players to be picked? It's WAY too early. We don't know who's coming out, who's going to raise their stock from the tourney, etc. See how the lotto shakes out at the very least.
    Okay...my bad....I misread your post...I thought that with the way we are playing....we're going to play ourselves out of the top 4 picks and to focus more on anyone else other then Cousins/Favors.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Okay...my bad....I misread your post...I thought that with the way we are playing....we're going to play ourselves out of the top 4 picks
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    and to focus more on anyone else other then Cousins/Favors.
    I don't think we're even able to say who'll be there when we pick, since we won't actually know who's picking where for another month.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I don't think we're even able to say who'll be there when we pick, since we won't actually know who's picking where for another month.
    I know that we won't know where we draft until sometime in May/June...but I'm so used to diappointment ( which automatically is assocated with the Pacers now )....at this point in the season ( over the last 4 season ), I have been resigned to the notion that we will not win the lottery to end up with a top 3 pick and that we ( as we are seeing now ) will continue to play the way that we are playing and end up with the 8th to 10th worst record in the league....which given our luck means that several Teams will leapfrog the Pacers and push us back a few notches in the draft.

I'm not an optimist ( never have been )...but given where we have been over the last couple of seasons.....is anyone really surprised at the level of "doom and gloom" is on this board?I guess it's force of habit for me to anticipate "doom and gloom" when it comes to the Pacers, their luck and where they eventually fall when it comes to the draft.