Thread: Another Dampier Thread (Dime Smack)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Another Dampier Thread (Dime Smack)

Fox Sports News Dime Smack....That 3rd team??? Try this one on.

The Sixers traded Eric Snow to Cleveland for Kevin Ollie and Kedrick Brown. Yes, Snow's older, his skills are diminishing and he has a long-term contract, but Billy King couldn't get better than this? There are a lot of teams that could use a solid point guard (Houston?). We were thinking that because Philly now has some extra cash and way more contracts than their roster can hold, another, bigger move must be on the way right? Then we heard that San Francisco sports radio was reporting that the Sixers and Warriors were going to pull off a sign-and-trade that would send Erick Dampier to Philly for Glenn Robinson and Kyle Korver. That would be a great move for Philly, and before you kill Mully for it, think about what Golden State would get out of the deal. Even though they lose a lot of height, they get a scorer in Big Dogg (when he feels like it) a shooter in Korver, and Dogg is in the last year of his contract. That's a better deal than the garbage package that Isiah is reportedly offering of Nazr Mohammaed and Othella Harrington. ...

If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Another Dampier Thread (Dime Smack)

Wow. That's a pretty decent trade for both teams. Is Big Dogg still injured?

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats a great trade for Philly.A.I. needs a big man in the post.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Well I wish they'd hurry up and take him so we can get past it.

It'll be kind of entertaining though - if Dampier goes off the market my guess is Isiah makes some goofy deal just to look like he's doing something.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I wish they'd hurry up and take him so we can get past it.

It'll be kind of entertaining though - if Dampier goes off the market my guess is Isiah makes some goofy deal just to look like he's doing something.
    I can see it now:

Isiah- "Hello, Jerry? This is Isiah. I was calling about Pau Gasol. I heard he might be on the block."

Jerry- "Riiight. And what would you give me off that crappy roster for him?"

Isiah- "........................These......MAGIC BEANS!!!! hehehehehehehhhehhehehhehehheeheh........."

-click-
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Billy King was on a sports talk radio show this morning in Philly and was asked about Dampier and he said he liked Dampier and was familiar with him from his days in Indy. Also at the Snow press conference yesterday King said he had just been offered a good deal and he was going to wait a few days before deciding whether or not to pull the trigger.

Phil Jasner the 76ers beat writer usually doesn't float rumors out there and he mentioned that the 76ers are trying to obtain Antoine Walker.

maybe they can keep Glen Robinson and get Antoine, and have both of the most allergic-to-defense never-saw-a-shot-I-didn't-like players in the league in the same lineup.

That might give them an inside track on the Greg Oden lottery
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Lots of speculation on the Philly rumors. Maybe a Damp to Dallas, Walker to Philly, Robinson to GS with filler could be done. I'm not thrilled about ANY of the players in that deal really but Robinson and Walker are in the last year of their contracts. Dallas would be the ones getting stuck with salary (not that that seemed to bother Cuban too much in the past but it looks like he's not freewheeling as much as he once was).