Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Granger out indefinetly

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Granger out indefinetly

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._indefinitely/

There is no timetable for Danny Granger's return to the Pacers.

Granger was released from the hospital after a CT scan on his head and neck taken Tuesday night came back negative.

"(The team's physicians will) evaluate him on a day-to-day basis," coach Jim O'Brien said. "If he's capable of going, he'll go, but you never know when somebody gets hit that hard in the head area."

Granger took an elbow to his cheek late in Tuesday's win over Charlotte.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Default Re: Granger out indefinetly

Shut him down !

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Mood

Get well April 16th!!!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

John Wall here we come!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope this gives Danny enough time to recover both physically and mentally. If it takes until the end of this season, so be it. This season's lost anyway, no point playing him and risking further long term complications (regardless of what happens in the draft lottery).

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Amazingly overstated title by Wells. Wells interpreted

"(The team's physicians will) evaluate him on a day-to-day basis," coach Jim O'Brien said. "If he's capable of going, he'll go, but you never know when somebody gets hit that hard in the head area."
    as being indefinitely, which typically means for a long, as yet to be determined, period of time. O'B clearly is stating that the team doctors are re-evaluating him on an on-going day-to-day basis and if he is able to go he will be played. Sounds exactly like what is usually termed "day to day" with respect to injuries, which is usually less serious than "indefinitely" usually means.

It sure looks like the intention is to play him as soon as possible, which is foolhardy for both Danny's health overall, as well as for the team's draft prospects and player development.

All things considered, Danny's good play for the remainder of this season would be irrelevant, because it will not have come during a winning effort.

Im glad hes out indefinitely. I dont want them to rush him back. You better be safe than sorry
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only thing we have to play for the rest of this season is a higher draft pick, lol... don't rush back Danny, just get better, and we'll get this ship righted next season.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazingly overstated title by Wells.
    No joke. I doubt he's out a week, let alone a month.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    Get well April 16th!!!!
    We don't want the poor guys suffering that long.

He should just tell the team he's dizzy before every game for the rest of the season.

I'm sure he's not as bad as being out indefinitly and can be listed at day-to-day, but with any kind of head injury, it's better to be more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    No joke. I doubt he's out a week, let alone a month.
    I had a grade 1 concussion (mild) and was out for two weeks in HS. The CT scan coming back negative doesn't mean he didn't suffer a concussion, like people were saying in the other thread. It merely means that there was no bleeding from the brain. If it had came back positive, he would of had an even worse injury, other than just being concussed.

The rule of thumb is 72hrs after symptoms go away. So if he has a headache today, he would still be atleast 4 days away from returning. Considering how the season has went, I would be even more conservative about releasing him.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I had a grade 1 concussion (mild) and was out for two weeks in HS. The CT scan coming back negative doesn't mean he didn't suffer a concussion, like people were saying in the other thread. It merely means that there was no bleeding from the brain. If it had came back positive, he would of had an even worse injury, other than just being concussed.

The rule of thumb is 72hrs after symptoms go away. So if he has a headache today, he would still be atleast 4 days away from returning. Considering how the season has went, I would be even more conservative about releasing him.
    Oh, don't misunderstand me. I'd rather keep him out. I'm just saying I think he'll come back as soon as possible.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

We're on the same page. Your's was just a good starting point to push off of.

Head injuries are a tricky thing. It will ultimately be up to Danny to when he returns. It's taught to AT majors early that players "lie" and coverup symptoms in order to get back to playing faster.

Knowing Danny, and how soft he is, he probably will miss the first few games of next season.

Knowing Danny, and how soft he is, he probably will miss the first few games of next season.
    Sure. I mean, it's basically just a headache.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    Get well April 16th!!!!
    I heard that. I'm starting to live by my new motto. I'm fan of the Pacers, but I'm just not being a good fan this season, since I want them to lose as many games as possible.

Mood

I had to ask my buddy (non-Pacers fan) this question yesterday "Am I a bad fan for rooting for the Pacers to lose?"

His response was, well I can't believe you still are following them this closely, so it is a trade-off of sorts.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Who created the title or phrasing 'out indefinitely' for this? The original OP? Mike Wells? The Star?

If Mike Wells did it I'd be inclined to assume he's subtly being more honest about the injury than what O'Brien is. Plus, you never pay attention to what O'Brien says....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

We're on the same page. Your's was just a good starting point to push off of.

Head injuries are a tricky thing. It will ultimately be up to Danny to when he returns. It's taught to AT majors early that players "lie" and coverup symptoms in order to get back to playing faster.

Danny Granger is not soft. He has proven so every season by playing injured when he shouldn't.

Banned
    Mood

Get well today, Danny, but for precautionary reasons, take the rest of the season off.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Danny Granger is not soft. He has proven so every season by playing injured when he shouldn't.
    I was joking. I was referencing a former poster that said a concussion was just a mild headache.

Whenever concussions get brought up around here, that's the running joke. It was referenced in the original thread when it happened, I figured everyone would have saw it so I didn't put it in green. My bad.

Mood

I am with the idea to shut him down for an extended period (rest of the year if needed). I've dealt with post concussion syndrome and it took a full month for me to recover to the point where I was functioning normally.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Who created the title or phrasing 'out indefinitely' for this? The original OP? Mike Wells? The Star?

If Mike Wells did it I'd be inclined to assume he's subtly being more honest about the injury than what O'Brien is. Plus, you never pay attention to what O'Brien says....
    It's the title of the article.......... follow the link "Pacers without Granger indefinitely" is the title. Got a question wouldn't it have been easier to just click on the link provided to get the answer??????????
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    It's the title of the article.......... follow the link "Pacers without Granger indefinitely" is the title. Got a question wouldn't it have been easier to just click on the link provided to get the answer??????????
    A poster wrote:
    Amazingly overstated title by Wells. Wells interpreted...
    I still don't know who wrote the title and I don't see the phrase used in the article. I doubt Wells writes his own titles unless it's on his blog.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden