View Poll Results: Denari or Albert

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Albert

    16 38.10%
  • Chris Denari

    26 61.90%
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Denari or Albert

  1. #1
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Denari or Albert

    Whom do guys think is the better television announcer? I do miss Al Albert's schtick and great nicknames. Who could forget "Feisty" Foster, "Jumpin" Jonathan Bender, and Al "Hurricane" Harrington.

    On the other hand, Denari is a professional and a class act.

  2. #2
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Denari seems to be more of an actual FAN of the Pacers, but I enjoyed Al more on the telecasts. He has a better TV voice.


    (Plus, the Pacers were winning with the "Double A and Special K" combo manning the booth.)


    I'm still kinda ticked Scott Hoke isn't around anymore.

  3. #3
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    I like Denari more, honestly. I know that opinion's in the minority, but I never really liked Albert.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,097

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    I heard Denari doing a Big Ten Network game and his voice sounded better than I think it does on FSN. I'm going to assume he was given a headset with a mic that better complimented his voice. ...Or whoever was doing the Big Ten production just had better electronics... or better use of the electronics.... in the chain...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Denari seems to be more of an actual FAN of the Pacers.....


    I'm still kinda ticked Scott Hoke isn't around anymore.
    Yeah, you can tell Denari is more personally involved, fanwise. I also agree about Scott Hoke. Did he leave of his own accord, or what? Surely nobody with PS&E actually thinks Stacy Paetz is better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Denari more, honestly. I know that opinion's in the minority, but I never really liked Albert.
    Albert wore on my nerves.

  7. #6
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    I love the trio of CD, Clark Kellogg, and the beautiful Ms. Paetz.
    Grown Man Ball

  8. #7
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    "He flicks the wrist!"- Al Albert

  9. #8
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    I feel about the same about both (in a positive way).

  10. #9
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Denari is the man, professional and on top of things. Though he isn't the greatest color commentator, what he lacks there he makes up in other places.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  11. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,357

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Albert was annoying. It was like he was trying to make catch phrases for the campy 60s-era Batman series. "Foyled again!!"

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  13. #11
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Albert was annoying. It was like he was trying to make catch phrases for the campy 60s-era Batman series. "Foyled again!!"
    Grown Man Ball

  14. #12

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Scott hoke was fired and replaced by Patez because they were looking for something more attractive on the sideline. I saw Scott leaving a hardware store in Plainfield a couple summers a go and said go pacers as I passed him. He said, "Screw the Pacers."

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott hoke was fired and replaced by Patez because they were looking for something more attractive on the sideline. I saw Scott leaving a hardware store in Plainfield a couple summers a go and said go pacers as I passed him. He said, "Screw the Pacers."
    I forget my source, but I had heard Scott wasn't putting enough effort (in the opinion of the Pacers) into his job.

  17. #14
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel about the same about both (in a positive way).
    I like them both as well.

    Denari is very quick with sly, creative comments and very informed. Seems like he really knows the game of basketball, like he played at some point.

    Albert I miss because he had some very funny, sarcastic moments.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  18. #15
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,767

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    JERRY BAKER

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,109
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Alberts was best suited for Boxing. CD is really more of an announcer and Alberts was a personality.

  21. #17
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Denari, by far.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  22. #18
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the trio of CD, Clark Kellogg, and the beautiful Ms. Paetz.
    If I had a dollar for every time I heard Special K mention "High-Quality Shots", I'd be one rich sonofa*****. Still, I think both he and Quinn do a solid job and I thought it was cool to have Clark on the NBA 2K games as an announcer. Made the game sound more authentic.

  23. #19
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    I like personality... Albert had a lot of it. Denari is professional, but Albert made me chuckle.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  24. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    Denari seems more like a fan of the Pacers than Alberts did. Although I like both of them, I'll give the edge to Denari.

    Another good question is, Quinn or Clark?

  25. #21
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,559
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Denari or Albert

    I didn't like Denari at first because I thought Albert was funny and added entertainment value and didn't want to see that go.

    But, after Denari got used to who the players were, who he was broadcasting with, and the speed of the NBA game, Denari won me over with his professionalism and insights as well as his grasp of the game. He carries QB pretty well for the most part, and when he is together with Special K they are a force to be reckoned with.

    As for Quinn or Clark, for me Clark is easily superior due to his ability to express what is going on and often explain why it is happening and what adjustments need made to improve things.

Similar Threads

  1. Announcer Marv Albert denies fighting with rapper 50 Cent [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 09:33 PM
  2. Denari hints @ Pacers in HD
    By JBones19 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
  4. More shocking news out of NBA
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •