Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford still in Bobcats' future? (please move if necessary)

Default Re: Ford still in Bobcats' future? (please move if necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I could see the Pacers having interest in Nazr. Plus, he lives just a few hours south of Indy in Louisville in the off-season and would probably welcome a chance to play close to home.

Yep, he's a KY boy!!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would trade Ford for Nazr straight up. If we want more, then we could offer a swap of second round picks (for Dallas' pick) with them to make up the difference. We save $1.6M on next year's cap number. We add a solid big for a PG who isn't in our future plans and still have him as an expiring. We can parlay him at the deadline in another deal. Makes a lot of sense.
    This seems like a trade to move Ford....well, just to move Ford. Unless we could get some assets ( like the previous aforementioned DJ+Henderson+Nazr trade for Ford+BRush ), I'd prefer not to get another Big Man that JO'B will likely play ahead of Hansbrough in the Big Man rotation.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The Bobcats will make a big mistake if they don't keep Felton. I believe they'll find a way to lock him up.

Nazr Mohammed - what a tremendous revival, btw; when was the last time Nazr played as well as this season? In his Atlanta times? - for Ford may be very interesting for Charlotte if Tyson Chandler solves his health issues (or if Nazr's doesn't solve his own ones). I can see them parting ways with something of value to get that deal done if Chandler is playing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree that Nazr has looked his best this year since his years in Atlanta, cordobes.

I agree that Felton will have a lot to do with us moving Ford to Charlotte. If he does leave Charlotte, there will clearly be a market for Ford there and we will have leverage in a trade for the first time since the brawl.

If Chandler gets healthy in Charlotte, that team is scary. Defensively will stick with any team for the playoffs, but that also keeps bad teams close too down the stretch. I could see Charlotte matching up favorably with Boston if that is a first round matchup. I think they would fare well against Cleveland, but really wouldn't be much of a series. Orlando would match up poorly if Vince Carter continues to dominate the ball and refrain from passing to the post. I just think that Charlotte has a team that could compete with some of the teams in the East and has a chance to win a series in the right matchup. They have split with Atlanta this year and play twice more including tonight.

I would trade Ford, but I would ask for a better package if Felton does leave this summer. They will having a bigger need.

I think they would consider a Nazr and Augustin for Ford deal this summer if Felton stays. This gives them Felton with Ford off the bench for some offense, which is what you will see Charlotte lack when it loses in the playoffs. They would be more likely to deal Henderson this summer if Felton bolts, so they can groom Augustin more for Ford's possible departure. They want Ford for his offense on the second team, ideally.