Thread: Versus Channel is back on Directv

Default Versus Channel is back on Directv

If you have Directv and are an Indycar, NHL, college bball junkie, or even rodeo fan then you know Directv and Versus have been feuding since around last August or Sept and the channel has been blacked out.

This week the feud was resolved and the channel is back. So if there's something on Versus you wanted to watch and thought you'd miss, or were considering switching from Directv because you didn't want to miss the NHL playoffs, Indycar or whatever.... Versus is now back in it's regular spot on the Directv lineup.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Versus Channel is back on Directv

Good deal. I hadn't noticed it was back. Thank you for the heads up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...and I had just switched to U-verse.

I'm betting it's too little too late for both Grace and our parents. Versus has been a definite sore spot, but they both have old Directv Tivo's that are failing, and two years after the announcement they still haven't come out with the new player. In Grace's case, they have until the end of season when her League Pass runs out, or else she's gone to Dish.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

...Not sure I follow....
    Directv has 2 tuner DVR's. They aren't "Tivo" brand though, they are "Directv" brand. I don't know whether you can just buy them in stores or have to order them thru Directv... they aren't just plastered all over the place like Directv tuners used to be.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Yeah, from everything I've heard they're pretty crappy. Both need to upgrade their satellite for HD anyway, so if they already have to go through that hassle I'd rather they go with the superior DVR, which right now is DISH.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, from everything I've heard they're pretty crappy. Both need to upgrade their satellite for HD anyway, so if they already have to go through that hassle I'd rather they go with the superior DVR, which right now is DISH.
    I've not used the DISH DVR so I don't know if it implements TIVO features or not. I know I've heard people talking about their TIVO learning their habits and can automatically record shows it thinks you'll like... or recording certain types of non-specific programming. ...The Directv DVR does none of that. It only records what you tell it to... either specific shows or it'll record a series. You can choose for it to only record the first run of a series so it doesn't record a repeat later that night... and that usually works as long as the show is probably flagged by the provider in the first place. I know some news programs are not so it'll always record the repeat too.

But as far as Directv bugs go from a year or two ago they've pretty much been swatted and they have added some features... such as making it very easy to extend the recording time of a live broadcast (like sports) so you don't miss the final shot in a game that happens to run over its allotted time.

No problems with recording quality or anything like that.

------

-John Wooden