• Strongly disagree

4 15.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 03/16/2010 Game Thread #67 Pacers vs Bobcats

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 03/16/2010 Game Thread #67 Pacers vs Bobcats

Just in from Mike Wells' Twitter:

Wells222: @basketballista Granger out for 2morrows game in Cleveland.
    1 minute ago from web

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn it.

Without having seen it myself, do you know what this sounds like? David Harrison in Memphis when he got clocked.

I'm 99% sure that was a concussion.
    That's exactly what I thought when it happened. But even 3 minutes after it happened he wasn't able to get into a chair, they had to help him up to sit and then when Josh was carrying him out he almost fainted, luckily someone else was there to catch him. It seemed stupid that only Josh was helping him in the first place seeing how woozy he was.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Banned

Damn it.

Without having seen it myself, do you know what this sounds like? David Harrison in Memphis when he got clocked.

I'm 99% sure that was a concussion.
    it was similar to what happened to stuckey I think, the only difference is that he was not taken out off the court in a wheel chair or anything like that, I hope they don't force him to play tomorrow, they need to sit him for few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Danny seemed to be just winded. If anything he'll miss tomorrow's game and that'll be that. Hopefully it's nothing worse.

What um winded, Not what I saw at all?!?!? He slowly made it to the bench in a kinda daze went to one knee before even sitting down, then in a half seated position on the floor in front of the bench, still not in a seat, then he wasn't knelling, he was just kind half laying there. They helped him to the bench, looked like he couldn't hold his head up. A couple minutes later McBob was under one arm as they were trying to help him to the lockeroom, but Danny almost looked like he was going to fall/go unconscious at one point, so the trainer had to grab his other arm.

The big deal to me is he never really lifted his head after the incident, at all. I think he was fighting it, but couldn't clear his head, imo. Anyway, it was pretty scary looking to me. He took a hit to the face and couldn't walk without help and couldn't hold his head up all the way, after not making it all the way to the bench and half collapsing on the floor.

and Mike Wells in a reply to me on Twitter:

Wells222 @ChristianDudley nobody knows who hit him in the cheekbone with an elbow. it's hard to tell from the video
    half a minute ago via web in reply to ChristianDudley

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    That's exactly what I thought when it happened. But even 3 minutes after it happened he wasn't able to get into a chair, they had to help him up to sit and then when Josh was carrying him out he almost fainted, luckily someone else was there to catch him. It seemed stupid that only Josh was helping him in the first place seeing how woozy he was.
    Josh and an assistant coach were helping him

It was probably just a really bad concussion, the scary thing though is sometimes people can get hit in really sensitive spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    We're not a good team so don't get too bummed out about this win. This win won't do any harm in our hunt for a good pick.

Danny seemed to be just winded. If anything he'll miss tomorrow's game and that'll be that. Hopefully it's nothing worse.
    Winded! I don't know how you watched that and just believe he was winded! He was hurt!

His cheek and eye looked like it was swollen when Josh was helping him out, maybe he broke a bone? I don't think it was Dahntay like the announcers were saying, he was in a crowd and it mightve been Jax. It wasn't intentional for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    What um winded, Not what I saw at all?!?!? He slowly made it to the bench in a kinda daze went to one knee before even sitting down, then in a half seated position on the floor in front of the bench, still not in a seat, then he wasn't knelling, he was just kind half laying there. They helped him to the bench, looked like he couldn't hold his head up. A couple minutes later McBob was under one arm as they were trying to help him to the lockeroom, but Danny almost looked like he was going to fall/go unconscious at one point, so the trainer had to grab his other arm.

The big deal to me is he never really lifted his head after the incident, at all. I think he was fighting it, but couldn't clear his head, imo. Anyway, it was pretty scary looking to me. He took a hit to the face and couldn't walk without help and couldn't hold his head up all the way, after not making it all the way to the bench and half collapsing on the floor.
    that's exactly what happened...i really hope it is nothing major for Danny and he'll be back later this week. He's really taking some hard hits late in the season right now (the knee incident during the last game + his wooziness tonight) and I don't want to see him come down with something very serious in this lost season.

It was Captain Jack come back to ruin the Pacers once again, he clocked right above the cheek with his elbow going up for the rebound. It looked DJ at first but on the Slow Mo DVR replay it shows Captain Jack with out a doubt.

Hope he is okay, Danny is a fast healer, wolverine style.

His cheek and eye looked like it was swollen when Josh was helping him out, maybe he broke a bone? I don't think it was Dahntay like the announcers were saying, he was in a crowd and it mightve been Jax. It wasn't intentional for sure.
    Yeah I don't think it was Dahntay at all...Dahntay's elbow did come down past Danny's face, but I think there was a gap between Dahntay's elbow and Danny's face, creating no contact. I believe it was Jax or some other Bobcat that made contact with Danny's face/head.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    that's exactly what happened...i really hope it is nothing major for Danny and he'll be back later this week. He's really taking some hard hits late in the season right now (the knee incident during the last game + his wooziness tonight) and I don't want to see him come down with something very serious in this lost season.
    No doubt!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    It was probably just a really bad concussion, the scary thing though is sometimes people can get hit in really sensitive spots.
    Just a really bad concussion?

Isn't that kind of like saying there's just a bomb in your apartment complex?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Jackson??!@!!@ BOO! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM!!! BOOOOO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post

Winded as in he probably saw stars after being hit in the cheek. His mind was probably racing and he looked very dizzy.

He'll probably have a black eye and hopefully he won't have to wear a face mask.

The best thing for him is to probably just lay down and just take it easy for the next few days and see how he is come Friday.

This looked like what happened when Mike hit Hedo Turkoglu in the eye.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    yeah this happens, I was working inside a car one time and I got hit in the funny bone, I could not see or talk for more than a minute, I was close to faint inside the car, it was scary.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-16-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Quinn kept saying the Orbital Bone, I know what he means even though I'm not a fan of the an announcer speculating like that. I think the whole Orbital Bone thing they talk about is an injury boxers deal with sometimes and it's a pretty dangerous deal. I'm not saying it's that at all for the record, just commenting on what Quinn said and I do think it's something thats possible, I need to read up on it though. I think it might have been what happened to Reggie when he had to miss the Atlanta series that one year, for us old timers.

Uh Oh... Sounds like Danny caught an ear infection!!!

Sorry... I had to do it....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Winded! I don't know how you watched that and just believe he was winded! He was hurt!
    In his head he was winded.

Orbital bone does make me think of Reggie's injury in '96.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Uh Oh... Sounds like Danny caught an ear infection!!!

Sorry... I had to do it....
    I'll burn conseco to the ground if that the injury report tomorrow!

On a game note, I thought AJ clearly outplayed Augustine tonight. Something to consider when/if the deadline trade gets revisited.

Henderson looked decent driving to the basket against Dunleavy, but it's really hard to tell anything from that match up, to me, not Mike's strength keeping athletic/quick guys out of the paint.

Just a really bad concussion?

Isn't that kind of like saying there's just a bomb in your apartment complex?
    LOL, honestly...and this is awful I know..

But I spent most of the college season hoping a Uconn women's player doesn't do anything but walk up the court (And she's one on a long list of Uconn players who have had that injury), because she's had two ACL injuries in less then two years. She hasn't hurt her knee..but she's had two head injuries this season..

and everytime she does I think "Phew..it's just her head..not the knee"..

So unfortunatly because I'm so used to the knee injuries where players are out for a season..when there's a head injury..as terrible as it is I get the gut reaction "meh..he'll be fine."

I know..bad priorities...
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-16-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Banned

they should just sit the guy for the rest of the season, there is not reason to play him anymore, the knee,the tendon and now this? sit the guy.