Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just renewed for next year.

Default Just renewed for next year.

Well to get those benefits, i renewed my tickets for next year. I am still torn between getting 1/2 season or a 10 game package. My ticket rep called me and I told him, "As long as O'brien is here I am getting a 10 ticket." He called me a few days later a said they may schedule a meet and greet with O'Brien and me a try to talk me into 1/2 season tickets. I am sure that WOULD go well considering I didnt like him getting hired in the 1st place.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Just renewed for next year.

So Jim O'Brien is going to try to talk you into getting a half-season ticket package? I'd be amused to hear his pitch.
    Grown Man Ball

Sports Logo

I haven't dealt with Season Ticket Sales Rep....but can they arrange a Meet-and-Greet-one-on-one with the Coach for Fans?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Jim O'Brien is going to try to talk you into getting a half-season ticket package? I'd be amused to hear his pitch.
    I would be something in the likes of "we play small ball because small ball give us the better chance to win" please buy the tickets and I promise you that we are going to continue playing "small ball because it give us a better chance to win"

I really hope they don't ask the coach to do that. it might be one thing if you spend $50K a year on a suite or purchase 4 floor seats at $20K a year, but for every season ticket holder - that IMO is beneath an NBA head coach

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I really hope they don't ask the coach to do that. it might be one thing if you spend $50K a year on a suite or purchase 4 floor seats at $20K a year, but for every season ticket holder - that IMO is beneath an NBA head coach
    I am ok with them doing this to him, who knows they are maybe doing it to punish him

I almost died from laughter when I got a package from my new ticket rep. Dont know what everyone else got for there season ticket deal, but I bought mine at the Pacers party thing they had the opening day when they played the Hawks away.

I baught 2 season Tickets in the upper deck section 223 about 8 rows up with a Parking Pass to all the games and $25 gift card for $440 total.

This so called great deal I need to lock into is only $1495.48. Did anyone else get that nice pacers folder in the mail with that invoice for the same tickets? Maybe im looking at it wrong but I don't think JIM calling me could make me renew at that price.

100% REAL, 0% OF THE TIME the jaddler's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you kidding me, well crap if I could meet JOB I might buy ae tickets too! You know actually if they let me tell him he is fired, I will buy full season floor seats!
    I CANT SPELL!

THERE ARE THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hailey12 View Post
    I almost died from laughter when I got a package from my new ticket rep. Dont know what everyone else got for there season ticket deal, but I bought mine at the Pacers party thing they had the opening day when they played the Hawks away.

I baught 2 season Tickets in the upper deck section 223 about 8 rows up with a Parking Pass to all the games and $25 gift card for $440 total.

This so called great deal I need to lock into is only $1495.48. Did anyone else get that nice pacers folder in the mail with that invoice for the same tickets? Maybe im looking at it wrong but I don't think JIM calling me could make me renew at that price.
    I agree, I laughed at the possibility of renewing my tickets when I saw that increased price. When I got that renewal package, I opened it and said dang, they could knock $10 off my price if they didn't send me this ****.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjacobs7 View Post
    I agree, I laughed at the possibility of renewing my tickets when I saw that increased price. When I got that renewal package, I opened it and said dang, they could knock $10 off my price if they didn't send me this ****.
    I'm still trying to wonder what you would've done if they didn't discount the tickets for this year...if you would've gotten them...

I mean they only went up $2 a game in your price range. That was a reasonable increase, and I renewed and paid in full last week. I also got a free night in the Embassy Suites downtown.

I think if I wait until the very last minute to buy tickets like I have the last 3 years. I can get a better deal than 3 times what I paid for the same seats according to this deal.

I guess they are tring to make up for all those times I sneek down.

Thats roughly $12 more per ticket per game increase. And now I would have to pay the 8or 10 bucks to park in the garage every game. I understand Murphy and Duns contracts are going up good lord, dont take it out on your poor old season ticket holder in the upper corner of the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I'm still trying to wonder what you would've done if they didn't discount the tickets for this year...if you would've gotten them...

I mean they only went up $2 a game in your price range. That was a reasonable increase, and I renewed and paid in full last week. I also got a free night in the Embassy Suites downtown.
    The only reason I bought tickets for the current season was because of the $215 package. The same package this year increased by over 50% to around $320 I think. Regardless of dollar value, a 50% increase in price is a lot.

Mood

Thats roughly $12 more per ticket per game increase. And now I would have to pay the 8or 10 bucks to park in the garage every game. I understand Murphy and Duns contracts are going up good lord, dont take it out on your poor old season ticket holder in the upper corner of the arena.
    My ticket is only $7 a game, and I don't pay to park. $7 is still less than a good seat at an Indians baseball game.

I can't complain. You guys can, but that just means more leg room for me.

Mood

The only reason I bought tickets for the current season was because of the $215 package. The same package this year increased by over 50% to around $320 I think. Regardless of dollar value, a 50% increase in price is a lot.
    It is a lot, but it was still less than what I was paying in 2008-2009!

It is a lot, but it was still less than what I was paying in 2008-2009!
    That's true... I have a feeling there is a lot more like me. Only brought in because of the special package and now most likely not renewing because of the return to normal pricing.

And to be honest being a STH wasn't all I expected it to be. Law of diminishing returns. I think I'd enjoy it a lot more to see 10-20 games in person a year rather than the 30-35 I'll be at this year.

Mood

That's true... I have a feeling there is a lot more like me. Only brought in because of the special package and now most likely not renewing because of the return to normal pricing.

And to be honest being a STH wasn't all I expected it to be. Law of diminishing returns. I think I'd enjoy it a lot more to see 10-20 games in person a year rather than the 30-35 I'll be at this year.
    Quick correction, and I don't mean to be a d***, but even with the increase it's still not back to normal.

That and this is a sport, you're not always guaranteed to be good, let alone great. The season started with higher expectations...sure, but you can't always expect the best.

Hope to see you at some capacity in 2010-2011 though.

Well I need to talk to your Rep. If I can renew for around $350 per season ticket im In. I cant do the %350 increase for the same seats. Just get me in the door I will work my way down to my current seats no problem, as long as its not a sell out. And lets face it that what about 10 games. Ill live with sitting in the rafters with Boomer. It might be better to get a job selling cotton candy and catch the games that way.

Mood

Well I need to talk to your Rep. If I can renew for around $350 per season ticket im In. I cant do the %350 increase for the same seats. Just get me in the door I will work my way down to my current seats no problem, as long as its not a sell out. And lets face it that what about 10 games. Ill live with sitting in the rafters with Boomer. It might be better to get a job selling cotton candy and catch the games that way.
    I don't have any special deal, so talking to my rep won't help. I need to know what you want, because I paid $329 for my seat this year, and that's the normal price.

The $330 package is corner balcony with zero benefits... so you'd still have to add whatever parking you pay to that.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite
    Quick correction, and I don't mean to be a d***, but even with the increase it's still not back to normal.

That and this is a sport, you're not always guaranteed to be good, let alone great. The season started with higher expectations...sure, but you can't always expect the best.

Hope to see you at some capacity in 2010-2011 though.
    I know this isn't the place to start this argument, but it's not that they are losing it's how they are losing. It's hard to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way even if the team was good this year. I think I'd rather have good tickets to around 10 games a year than bad tickets to all of them, just a personal preference.

Mood

The $330 package is corner balcony with zero benefits... so you'd still have to add whatever parking you pay to that.

I know this isn't the place to start this argument, but it's not that they are losing it's how they are losing. It's hard to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way even if the team was good this year. I think I'd rather have good tickets to around 10 games a year than bad tickets to all of them, just a personal preference.
    Zero benefits!? Hmm, I reviewed plenty with my rep. I wonder if you got the same renewal literature that I did.

I understand where you're coming from, I do. I just said I hope to see you next season in some capacity.

EDIT: Also, the $7 seats are not just in the corners in the balcony anymore, they are on the sidelines as well starting in row 11.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 03-16-2010 at 03:43 PM.

I know this isn't the place to start this argument, but it's not that they are losing it's how they are losing. It's hard to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way even if the team was good this year. I think I'd rather have good tickets to around 10 games a year than bad tickets to all of them, just a personal preference.[/QUOTE]

Well since Im only like 5 minutes from Conseco it gives me something to do at least once a week. I dont really mind them loosing, It kind of like going to an Indians game. I just want to see a good close game and if they happen to win, great.
    If the place was packed everynight I wouldnt have a problem paying $1500 but man thats a pretty rediculus jump from $450ish. They must know something I dont, maybe Kobe and LeBron will be Pacers next year.

Looks like you got a great deal last year. I think anything in the 8th row of the balcony would have normally been $15 per game for a full season ticket. Talk to your rep about moving to an area that is selling for $7 per seat (which will only be a few rows back) and you'll be paying < $700 total for two seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I remember it was maybe O'briens 2nd year the pacers had a meet and greet w/ obrien at Harry and Izzys. They had maybe 50-70 season ticket holders. We got a free meal and got to ask oBrien questions.

Zero benefits!? Hmm, I reviewed plenty with my rep. I wonder if you got the same renewal literature that I did.

I understand where you're coming from, I do. I just said I hope to see you next season in some capacity.

EDIT: Also, the $7 seats are not just in the corners in the balcony anymore, they are on the sidelines as well starting in row 11.
    What benefits are there? Other than the ticket credit, which I believe has expired by now if you havent already renewed, correct me if I'm wrong on that...

Edit: I guess you can still get the ticket credit up until Friday.
    Last edited by chrisjacobs7; 03-16-2010 at 04:01 PM.