Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kravitz let go from WFNI (Kravitz and Eddie)

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kravitz let go from WFNI (Kravitz and Eddie)

With out a straight man, Eddie will crash & burn - Quickly!
    Over-the-Top types like Eddie are the "comic relief" to a supporting cast. He is Joey from "Friends". Good when working w/ others, a train wreck by himself. WFNI better slide M.Grady in there ASAP, as he seems to know his sports, or you will be seeing alot more changes there in the future.

Lots of love here for Krapitz & his Pacer focus, & I don't get it. The thing is, the guy was as unknowledgable about the Pacers as it comes. He has a reputation of coming to Pacer games late, leaving early, watching the majority of the game through the back of his head while standing at the media buffet table, & repeating what ever Mike Wells tweets about, or callers or bloggers inform him of. Bob is married to the Colts as much as anyone else in this town. Bob's only interest in the Pacers if getting JO'B canned & playing off the pain of everyone on this board. Bob stirs the pot, but rarely provides any of his own ingredients to the dish. He takes the "fruit" from others, & cut-n-paste's them together in his own wordage. That said, he was not bad on the show, & the show is worse off for it.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

The only time I manage to listen to the radio is for brief periods between 10:30 and noon, depending on when I go to work out. I loved Dakich in that spot, as I think he's about the only guy I know on sports radio who at least tries to back up his opinions with facts or direct experience, rather than just shouting louder than anyone else.

I'll miss hearing him.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

OK, so local sports radio is now .............

Patrick. Can't stand him. Listened to about 10 minutes of his new gig and it's no different from 4, 5 years ago. He brings nothing.

JMV. Don't care for him either. Never took a stance. Tried to be a Rome-clone. Listening to him puts me asleep. Hope he doesn't come to 1070.

Joe. Don't know too much about him, but I'll give him his chance. From what I've heard, he has potential for a decent show. Should bring great football insight. Looking forward to hearing him.

Dakich. Obnoxious at times. Very knowledgable. Has connections to some good interviews. Has strong opinions and doesn't back down from them. I guess I respect that. Enjoy the show.

Eddie. Eddie is Eddie. Obnoxious. FM-DJ type of delivery, but has great connections in the sports world which brings a high quality of interviews. He needs someone else to play off - I just hope it's not JMV. No, I pray that it's not JMV.

It could be worse. It could be a whole lot better, but it could be worse. I listen here and there throughout the day when I can, it's not like I'm tuned in from 10-6.

We'll see how the new guy does and what they give Eddie to work with. I'm praying it's not JMV.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Banned

I am also praying that is not JMV

Of course, for those times that you can't find anything local you like

http://www.espn980.com/audiovault/#

A nice break for those of us who are fans of Tony Kornheiser and miss the days of "Old Guy Radio".

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, for those times that you can't find anything local you like

http://www.espn980.com/audiovault/#

A nice break for those of us who are fans of Tony Kornheiser and miss the days of "Old Guy Radio".
    Yeah, I just started listening to this again. I'm so glad I found it in time for Tourney week.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Now if we could just get rid of him at the Star, Indy sports coverage would improve.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Now if we could just get rid of him at the Star, Indy sports coverage would improve.
    why would that improve Indy sports? he's a great voice here, and is one of the few that actually tells it like it is

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tikitomoka For This Useful Post:

I feel Davis was the best coach IU had in the last decade. He does have his faults but it is crazy to say Knight would have won the championship game b/c Tom Coverdale would have never played. I also believe Tinsley was the the top PG for the Pacers the last decade by default.

I support JMV 100% due to the fact he is polite to callers and my friend. He is nothing like Jim Rome. Dakich is very rude if you have a different opinion than him. He was a terrible fill in coach @ IU and is just a rude person in general. I laugh when people call in and call him Coach, all he Coaches is his sons aau team.

What is funny is Bob Knight would not even acknowledge Dan if they saw each other in public. I agree Crean was handed a difficult deck and I hope he brings IU back to prominence. He has not accomplished much in Bloomington.

I would also appreciate if you have a disagreement with any of my post to not attack me personally. I feel everybody is entitled to their opinion, just give me reasons why you disagree with me and don't attack when you don't know me personally. I am a good person!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jonathan; 03-16-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: terrible grammer

Quote Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
    Sucks that we've lost both JMV and Kravitz in the last year
    I really only get to listen in the morning and I'm still reeling from Steve Czaban getting replaced with Stephen Freaking A. Smith.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeDC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDC View Post
    I really only get to listen in the morning and I'm still reeling from Steve Czaban getting replaced with Stephen Freaking A. Smith.
    Ouch, I can't stand Smith... My favorite is Mike and Mike by far though...

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Yeah, I just started listening to this again. I'm so glad I found it in time for Tourney week.
    I had to wait until Phil's mom was on before I could fill out my brackets. Marqwette to the final four!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    With out a straight man, Eddie will crash & burn - Quickly!
    Over-the-Top types like Eddie are the "comic relief" to a supporting cast. He is Joey from "Friends". Good when working w/ others, a train wreck by himself. WFNI better slide M.Grady in there ASAP, as he seems to know his sports, or you will be seeing alot more changes there in the future.

Lots of love here for Krapitz & his Pacer focus, & I don't get it. The thing is, the guy was as unknowledgable about the Pacers as it comes. He has a reputation of coming to Pacer games late, leaving early, watching the majority of the game through the back of his head while standing at the media buffet table, & repeating what ever Mike Wells tweets about, or callers or bloggers inform him of. Bob is married to the Colts as much as anyone else in this town. Bob's only interest in the Pacers if getting JO'B canned & playing off the pain of everyone on this board. Bob stirs the pot, but rarely provides any of his own ingredients to the dish. He takes the "fruit" from others, & cut-n-paste's them together in his own wordage. That said, he was not bad on the show, & the show is worse off for it.
    I agree across the board.

Again, all you who think Bob was up on the Pacers, during their trivia challenge one day he failed to know who won Rookie of the Year for the Pacers. End of story, please. That's not a trick, obscure, oh, did he do something answer.

That's not the only issue, that's just the prototype for all his Pacers knowledge gaffes. He is always last to the party, repeating what's been said on here or by Wells weeks or months prior.

why would that improve Indy sports? he's a great voice here, and is one of the few that actually tells it like it WAS
    fixed

Personally my favorite local sports talk the last 4-5 months is when Mark Boyle calls into the Dakich show and they yap it up. To me that's always gold. Boyle is ultra candid on there IMO and you hear a lot more of the true vibe, as in "this stinks".

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    never heard of him
    He's on XL 950, from 3-6. I found him last summer when I turned on the radio to listen to the Indians game about 20 minutes early. I really like him and lot. Completely worth at least a try if you haven't listened to him before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

What is funny is Bob Knight would not even acknowledge Dan if they saw each other in public.
    I wasn't aware of a falling out between Knight and Dakich... What are the details?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I wasn't aware of a falling out between Knight and Dakich... What are the details?
    That isn't true. Knight barely talks to anyone unless it's a national interview.

This is just my own take on it, so take that for what it is worth. Knight does not like the idea of any of his past players or assistants having anything to do with IU. Dan still has an affinity for IU and thus the cold shoulder. Plus, Dan does not mind telling both sides of the story when it comes to Knight, another thing Knight doesn't like to hear. To Knight, that smacks of disloyalty, or even as extreme as being a "traitor", if you will.
    Last edited by Tom White; 03-17-2010 at 08:13 AM.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This is just my own take on it, so take that for what it is worth. Knight does not like the idea of any of his past players or assistants having anything to do with IU. Dan still has an affinity for IU and thus the cold shoulder. Plus, Dan does not mind telling both sides of the story when it comes to Knight, another thing Knight doesn't like to hear. To Knight, that smacks of disloyalty, or even as extreme as being a "traitor", if you will.
    Why was I thinking that the Knight/Dakich fallout happened much earlier when he left to coach Bowling Green? That happened in 1997, so I would have been 13 and might just be making this up. Can any wiser IU folk confirm or correct this?

I personally like Mark Patrick and was happy to hear that he was back in Indy. He has by far the best mix of local and national knowledge. Nobody around here talks about Indiana high school sports at the level he does. I also liked JMV too, and would have liked to see him keep his show, but I think his schtick had sort of run its course. For those that are slamming Dakich, I think he's the closest thing to having one of us Joes off the street on the radio. He speaks his mind about all the local issues. He's obviously not the most knowledgable guy on the radio, but for this market, he's a recognizable name that has an interesting take on things. Eddie White is pretty much intolerable, in my opinion. I think the only thing he brings to the table are his national contacts to have as guests on the show. His opinions and commentary are pretty much unlistenable - if that is even a word. I think Michael Grady is the next up-and-coming local talent, and I think Mark Boyle would be awesome on his own show. He's great when he's on with Dakich, Mark Patrick or Eddie.

Rumor has it that JMV will be returning to the airwaves before summer once his non-compete clause ends. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land with 1070 and them dumping Eddie "Reebok" White. Besides, how can you not like a guy who posts on PD?

As far as Dakich, I've listened to his show a few times and he's always pretty rude to a lot of the callers. I grew up in Bloomington (IU alum too) and had always heard from reliable sources that Dakich was always cocky and arrogant even when he was an assistant back at IU. He'll never be a head coach at a decent College or University ever again as that ship has sailed and he's now a disgruntled former coach.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    Rumor has it that JMV will be returning to the airwaves before summer once his non-compete clause ends. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land with 1070 and them dumping Eddie "Reebok" White. Besides, how can you not like a guy who posts on PD?
    That was the rumor, but since Emmis is cutting a ton of costs, and I talked to Grady last night, this is a one-man show featuring just Eddie going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    That was the rumor, but since Emmis is cutting a ton of costs, and I talked to Grady last night, this is a one-man show featuring just Eddie going forward.
    Tell 'em you'll work cheap Dukie!

Then get O'Brien on the show....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Tell 'em you'll work cheap Dukie!

Then get O'Brien on the show....
    I do work cheap.

If I had that job, I'd like to keep it. Calling out O'Brien is call-in show material.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 03-18-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like it to be JMV and Michael Grady as a 2 man team.

@Pacers24Colts12

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    That isn't true. Knight barely talks to anyone unless it's a national interview.
    U r wrong. Knight is a person with his good and bad qualities. He used to visit his former coach @ OSU every Saturday in the offseason when the man was in a nursing home and expects the same loyality out his staff/players.

If you think he is right or wrong is your opinion not the truth!!!!!