Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kravitz let go from WFNI (Kravitz and Eddie)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Kravitz let go from WFNI (Kravitz and Eddie)

Due to financial reasons made public by Emmis communications, WFNI (ESPN 1070 the Fan) has let go of Bob Kravitz. Eddie White will continue the show solo. Kravitz has been with the station since it's inception in 2008 along with Eddie. Bob will continue to write for the Indianapolis Star. (Oh joy...)

Looks like there will be less and less Pacers talk on WFNI, because Kravitz was the only one to say anything about them on that show, even though most of it was negative.

I also wonder where this leaves Michael Grady, who also calls the Fever games over the PA and emcees the Pacers games, occasionally filling in for Reb Porter. Grady is also the Executive Producer for WFNI.

Link for more details:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...o-host-Kravitz

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kravitz let go from WFNI (Kravitz and Eddie)

Local sports talk consists of Mark Patrick or Eddie White.

You gotta be ****ting me.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Local sports talk consists of Mark Patrick or Eddie White.

You gotta be ****ting me.
    :cough: Dan Dakitch. [/grace]
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Actually, now that I've read the article, two things of note:

> Joe Staysniak, part of WIBC’s morning show, will be the host of a 10 a.m.-to-noon show on WFNI beginning in April.

> Dan Dakich will shift the start time of his WFNI show to noon from 10 a.m.
    So Mark and Eddie are definitely not the only sources for local sports, at least for those of us whose days start before 3pm.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

What about Derek Schultz? I love his show and it beats the hell out of Eddie and Mark.

Banned

Man that sucks I like Bob.............

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sucks they are taking Colin Cowherd away from us...AGAIN...really there is only so much local talk you can do...and with 3 shows, its kinda ridiculous. Hopefully they get rid of Eddie White, and bring in JMV

@Pacers24Colts12

Sucks that we've lost both JMV and Kravitz in the last year

Dakich is terrible nothing but a Colts Cheerleader and Pacer Hater. His show used to be decent when Mark Boyle was on but 1070 still has Kevin Lee. I hope he gets his much deserved credit. He is quality.

Face It if Dakich knew as much about B ball as he claims he would have beat Minnesota with DJ and EJ in the big ten Tourney. Mike Davis is the best coach IU had the last decade.

Dakich is just a northside elitest in my book who is rude to callers with a different opinion and a corporate kiss ***. He claims to not deal with stupidity but lets Greg Doyle on his show. Come ON

I want Kevin Lee and Mark Boyle on the set

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Face It if Dakich knew as much about B ball as he claims he would have beat Minnesota with DJ and EJ in the big ten Tourney. Mike Davis is the best coach IU had the last decade.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

I like Bob as well, though I often catch him feed us BS about some subject like the Pacers, he often spouts the most common sense sounding opinion, regardless of the facts. But its not like they couldn't do the show without him, he wasn't even there half of the time anyway. Leaves the show early so he can finish a column, lots of BS like that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I listened to Grady once. He did a pretty good job.

It sucks to see Kravitz out. I enjoyed listening to him stick in his about the Pacers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I think I listened to Grady once. He did a pretty good job.

It sucks to see Kravitz out. I enjoyed listening to him stick in his about the Pacers.
    I agree, at least somebody was talking about the pacers, when DD only talks about IU and Bob Night non stop

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Funny. Who was the coach 4 IU the last time they had a championship run? Mike Davis. He is going against Knight (one year @ his worst) Sampson, Dakich, and Crean. What has Crean done in 2 years? Dakich lost a game 2 MINN with 3 potential pros on his team. (DJ, EJ, & Crawford) Dakich is a terrible coach and radio broadcaster. He stinks. I would listen to Mark Boyle and Kevin Lee over Dan

Removed. Give us a break.

any day. His show is terrible and makes Mark and Dan Patrick look decent. Bring back JMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's no need for that kind of language. grow up
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Funny. Who was the coach 4 IU the last time they had a championship run? Mike Davis. He is going against Knight (one year @ his worst) Sampson, Dakich, and Crean. What has Crean done in 2 years? Dakich lost a game 2 MINN with 3 potential pros on his team. (DJ, EJ, & Crawford) Dakich is a terrible coach and radio broadcaster. He stinks. I would listen to Mark Boyle and Kevin Lee over Dan Cocksuckich any day. His show is terrible and makes Mark and Dan Patrick look decent. Bring back JMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As an IU alumnus (BA '92/MBA '99) I offer my apology to the PD forum.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drewtone For This Useful Post:

What has Crean done in 2 years? .................. I would listen to Mark Boyle and Kevin Lee over Dan Cocksuckich any day.
    He's brought respectability back to the program. The wins will follow, but his first step was to clean up the mess Sampson left behind. To this point, a job well done.

As for the 2nd part of your quote ............... you must be 10. 11 ??

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Funny. Who was the coach 4 IU the last time they had a championship run? Mike Davis. He is going against Knight (one year @ his worst) Sampson, Dakich, and Crean. What has Crean done in 2 years? Dakich lost a game 2 MINN with 3 potential pros on his team. (DJ, EJ, & Crawford) Dakich is a terrible coach and radio broadcaster. He stinks. I would listen to Mark Boyle and Kevin Lee over Dan Cocksuckich any day. His show is terrible and makes Mark and Dan Patrick look decent. Bring back JMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Throwing out that is just laughable. Unless you are bringing in Calipari, Coach K, or someone of that caliber there is nothing they could have done in 2 years to return IU to its former glory. Crean was given a team that was in shambles, riddled with violations, and had no respectable players to speak of. Crean had to clean house to get the trash out and now he is rebuilding. You have to give someone dealing with that kind of situation more time.

It is disappointing to hear Kravy will be gone. He was one of the few people to actually talk about the Pacers. I know a lot of people in Indy dislike him for some of his harsh comments about the Colts, but when you are at that level more is demanded of you.

I am just glad I do not have to listen to Dakich. After listening to him a few times put his head so far up Urban Meyer's butt I could not stand it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_sixtyftsixin View Post
    What about Derek Schultz? I love his show and it beats the hell out of Eddie and Mark.
    never heard of him

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Plainly, if other powers would have been involved at the time, Coach Knight would have had one more national championship banner in the rafters at Assembly Hall with the team he assembled that even a coach like Mike Davis was able to basically watch go much further than his own coaching talents would have ever allowed in many, many people's opinions.

Coach Crean has a long road ahead of him, and he may be too nice to ever get the turnaround completed. But, after the program had been decimated by Myles Brand and Mike Davis, and then Kelvin Sampson actually destroying the remaining credibility of the school and its administration by 100% predictably doing exactly what he always did in violating NCAA rules. Dakich was loyal enough to his alma mater to finish the season of Sampson's firing, and did OK despite that team being totally out of sorts due to the continuous distraction of the investigation into Samspson and the players he recruited, a few of whom that probably were scared of the results of the investigation with good reason. Dakich had done pretty well at Bowling Green, where it is difficult for any coach to truly develop a consistent program in the MAC due to the conference not getting the national exposure that the elite conferences do and therefore not being as attractive for top talent to consider.

Dakich is a radio personality who has a place in radio here. He speaks off the cuff, but generally with at least some knowledge, wherever he gets that knowledge. He is the closest thing we have to a "shock jock" in local radio, and it is possible to love him as a broadcaster one day and totally hate his guts the very next day. He is, as Forest Gump would say, "like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get".

Dakich is terrible nothing but a Colts Cheerleader and Pacer Hater. His show used to be decent when Mark Boyle was on but 1070 still has Kevin Lee. I hope he gets his much deserved credit. He is quality.

Dakich is just a northside elitest in my book who is rude to callers with a different opinion and a corporate kiss ***. He claims to not deal with stupidity but lets Greg Doyle on his show. Come ON
    Please tell me you're kidding. You can't really be serious about any of that, can you?

The best thing about Eddie and Kravitz was Bob and now he's gone.

Mark patrick I refuse to listen to him.

I do enjoy Dakich although mainly only when mark Boyle is on.

They probably could have saved more money just byy going ESPN radion 24 hours a day and dropping all local content, but they didn't so I'm happy about that
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-16-2010 at 08:40 AM.

I guess my tastes run different from some here. I enjoyed listening to Kravitz, but don't care for Eddie White.

Didn't care for Patrick or JMV, and don't care for Schultz (Seems almost like a monologue, when I've listened.).

I enjoy DD's show most days. I even liked listening to Greg Rakestraw when he wasn't talking about golf, or the free food at wherever they were doing a remote from.

In my opinion, Cowherd being gone is a blessing. Not a fan at all.

It will be interesting to see how Big Joe does. Other than his football experience, I have no idea what to expect from him.

Cost cutting is something to almost be expected from a radio station that is still new to the sports arena. I'm sure they wanted to hit the ground running, then hope for the best as far as ratings and billings (advertising) go. It is a tough market niche for certain.

Let me back up a bit and say this about Dakich, and his brief tenure as IU coach. They HAD to get rid of Sampson, and they had to bring in someone who would start the clean-up of the mess he had created. Some of those players needed to be run out of town, and Dan had the courage to do it. It is a good thing that many were sent away when they were. The problems beyond recruiting violations were bad. REALLY BAD. IU still owes Dan a debt of gratitude for what he did.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

As much as Bob can be annoying in print, I actually thought he was the best thing going for that show. I can't stand Eddie White. I also find Mark Patrick unlistenable.

Hopefully this is just the precursor to JMV's triumphant return. It really would be the smart move for 1070. I expect the "Eddie White Show" to go in the tank pretty quick.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

I will say though that Eddie white is able to get some very high profile guests and as long as he continues to do that I'll continue to listen to him. (I don't listen when they have callers call in, it bugs me, I only like when there are guests on)