Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Point Guard or Power Forward?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Point Guard or Power Forward?

Power Forward.

We need a legit veteran PG to groom AJ. Someone better than Earl. We need a floor general.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is obvious to us that we need to address those two positions.

I really feel as though we have a lot of mediocrity at the PF spot. Hans will be a good rotational big. Murphy is a stat stuffer, but its a problem that he is your starter logging 35+ minutes a game. That just says lottery bound. Foster is getting old, maybe too old and is servicable for less minutes (for a contender). McRoberts I love. His potential is still significant and he is a really kool guy. I would keep him around as long as possible, but I don't see him being a difference maker at PF, just the same as Hans. Imagine bringing those two in together off the bench for stretches to pound the hell out of the opposition's second team. They are both extremely active players. But we don't have a starting caliber PF.

While we don't have a long-term solution at PG, I believe there to be more options out there to obtain a starting caliber PG than a starting caliber PF via trade or free agency, especially since we won't be getting Wall (or Turner) in the draft. I would love to target Devin Harris this off-season, assuming the Nets get the #1. I think they would easily take the cap relief of TJ Ford and Hansborough for Harris and CLee. I would definitely give up Hans if we get a PF in the draft. I think Harris is a very good PG but has struggled with injuries his whole career. He just turned 27 a couple of weeks ago. I think it would be a low risk, high reward type of deal for us. Lee would fill the role that Dunleavy will vacate and solidify our wing rotation for a few years. Harris gets a lot of assists and steals, and gets to the line, which we have a need for. He is an upgrade over TJ and a legitimate starter. I would like to see Harris add some strength, which I think would help him later in his career. Just my two cents. Minnesota also has Flynn and Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers don't have a problem at SF. Or if they do, it's by far the least of their problems.

I mean, maybe that solves their backup SF problem (if you want to call it one), but I wouldn't spend a lottery pick on a backup SF.
    easy now. it was a 100% sarcastic post. i probably didnt imply it the best way, but i figured it was a given, especially the rest of that post. LOL

plus i was poking fun at birds uncanny fetish for 4 year seniors...hence stanley, scheyer, harangody
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Power Forward.

We need a legit veteran PG to groom AJ. Someone better than Earl. We need a floor general.
    man your picture comment is cracking me up.

love your cousins in kentucky HAHA
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by IndyProdigy View Post
    easy now. it was a 100% sarcastic post. i probably didnt imply it the best way, but i figured it was a given, especially the rest of that post. LOL

plus i was poking fun at birds uncanny fetish for 4 year seniors...hence stanley, scheyer, harangody
    Sorry it was early and somehow it went straight over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Sorry it was early and somehow it went straight over my head.
    lol it happens. i figured you would understand once i pointed it out. my bad for not elaborating.