Thread: Would you trade Granger+ for Chris Paul or a low 1st for Collison?

Default Would you trade Granger+ for Chris Paul or a low 1st for Collison?

There is a possibility this summer that NO Hornets could deal IMHO Paul or Collison. Before you go off the deep end calling this unrealistic, you have to look at the facts . Collison is becoming a first tier PG. (had 20 assists the other night) He will be expensive to sign in another year or two. If NO could trade Paul bring in a hometown boy, proven 20+ scorer and move Collison in at the point this could probably make them a serios threat. Peja is on his downside with a year left on his contract creating a need for Granger. West is a PF that can light it up, this would make NO very good.

Yes, you would have to give up more than Granger, maybe 2 - 1st rnd picks and at least one of them unprotected. Collison on the other hand would require giving up picks also, he's no longer a secret. You might be able to get him for a high draft pick this year and a player. This would fill our need at PG. Do you make the phone ring in NO trying to pull this off.

NO would most likely want to deal Collison if a sweet offer came about, what would you give up for him?
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Would you trade Granger+ for Chris Paul or a low 1st for Collison?

Collison's "20 assists" was actually only 16 assists when some investigating was done after the game. Apparently the Hornets stat keepers have been known for padding assist counts in the CP3 era

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/09/a...-assist-night/

Regardless, I would NOT trade Granger for Collison. Ramon Sessions had a couple 20 assist games last season too. Now what's he doing. Collison is good but not worth giving up our franchise player for. If we could get Collison for an expiring + our draft pick I would think about it, but only if we weren't picking in the top 5.
    Grown Man Ball

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collison's "20 assists" was actually only 16 assists when some investigating was done after the game. Apparently the Hornets stat keepers have been known for padding assist counts in the CP3 era
    That's been a known tactic of a lot of hometown score keepers, since assists are a more more subjective stat than most people realize. John Stockton had his assist totals padded as well.

And yeah, Collison has been very impressive, but no way would you give a Top 5 pick in this draft for him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

I would trade Granger for Paul in a heartbeat. The Hornets wouldn't, I don't think.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

I'd trade Granger for Paul easily.

No way would I trade a low first rounder for Collison.

I would probably trade anything below a #8 pick in the draft for Collison and I would trade Granger and our #1 pick this year for CP3.......without batting an eye. One, not both of these transactions of course.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

If we are slated just outside the top three and miss out on Wall/Turner/Favors, I would very much consider swapping picks with New Orleans who will probably be picking somewhere around 12. I would even throw in AJ Price if they wanted extra sweetener.

Get Collison and grab a PF in the late lottery, I would be very happy with that scenario. That 20 assist game wasn't an isolated incident, he has had a bunch of double digit assist games while Paul has been out... he also plays great D and can shoot. There is a lot to like there.

Forget about CP3, thats not happening.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 03-13-2010 at 06:20 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd trade Granger for Paul in a heartbeat.

I agree that CP3 is highly unlikely and it would take much more than Granger. That's why I put a + sign beside Grangers name for those of you that didn't notice it. It's pretty obvious that you can't trade Granger for the best PG in the world that's 1st team all-NBA. Collison is as good a PG in the next draft other than Wall. Financially though NO is hurting as bad as the Pacers or worse, so Collison might available with the right package, he would be a good fit here. Might take care of a big problem. Give NO some financial relief.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chris Paul
    Granger for Paul -- obvious yes.

Granger and expiring for Paul and Okafor -- yes.

Granger and #4 for Paul and #12 -- yes.

Granger and #4 for Paul -- maybe.

Granger, #4 and a future 1st for Paul -- no.

Darren Collison
    #4 for Collison -- no.

#4 and filler for Collison and #12 -- maybe.
    Last edited by Lance George; 03-13-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/09/a...-assist-night/

Regardless, I would NOT trade Granger for Collison. Ramon Sessions had a couple 20 assist games last season too. Now what's he doing. Collison is good but not worth giving up our franchise player for. If we could get Collison for an expiring + our draft pick I would think about it, but only if we weren't picking in the top 5.
    lol I was thinking the same thing about him and Sessions...hopefully Collison keeps up his "eliteness" and doesn't become a sub-par player in Sessions...Sessions is pretty good from where he had to come from to be in the NBA though, no disrespect to him at all.

Chris Paul is arguably the best PG in the NBA and one of the top 5 players in the game...and he's 24. Danny is maybe in the top 30 in the NBA. There is a huge difference. Evan Turner may not even be that good.

Now, if we get lucky and pick John Wall.....Wall + Granger > CP3

I think we should see how Danny does first half of the season under a new coach. If he we still see the bad things we do now then yes. We should seriously look to trade him. But I at least want to give him another 1/2 a season under a new coach.

If we still have Jim coaching then it doesn't really matter... I would have no confidence in anything the Pacers do at that point, and I would want a whole new front office.

Mood

It all depends to me on what pick we get in the draft. If we end up with the #2-#5 pick, I would possibly do that if we get a chance at Turner. Maybe a Danny+Rush for CP3+their 1st if they would let it go (I highly doubt that). Maybe Cousins would drop that far due to concerns. If we could land both Turner and Cousins it would be unbelievable. Think about a starting line-up of:

PG- CP3
    SG- Turner
    SF- Dunleavy
    PF- Cousins
    C- Hibbert

This could even change if we are able to get rid of Murph, Dun or TJ via trade. Replace Dun with a trade for a SF that is quicker and is defensive minded. I know Dun has had a dissappointing year so far, but I would like to see if a full offseason of work and a training camp he may get back to descent form. Heck, maybe I'm just rambling on a little.

Banned

I would do it and would not even look back

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    It all depends to me on what pick we get in the draft. If we end up with the #2-#5 pick, I would possibly do that if we get a chance at Turner. Maybe a Danny+Rush for CP3+their 1st if they would let it go (I highly doubt that). Maybe Cousins would drop that far due to concerns. If we could land both Turner and Cousins it would be unbelievable. Think about a starting line-up of:

PG- CP3
    SG- Turner
    SF- Dunleavy
    PF- Cousins
    C- Hibbert
    That's a little too good to be true right there. Cousins wouldn't come close to dropping to the Hornets pick even if people thought he was as nuts as Mike Tyson. And Rush + Granger isn't getting you Paul, much less Paul and their pick.
    Last edited by d_c; 03-13-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    That's a little too good to be true right there. Cousins wouldn't come close to dropping to the Hornets pick even if people thought he was as nuts as Mike Tyson. And Rush + Granger isn't getting you Paul, much less Paul and their pick.
    Yes, that's funny. CP3, Turner and Cousin for...basically Granger and Rush.

The price the Pacers would need to pay for CP3 is, at minimum, Granger and the #2 pick in this year's draft. Anything less would not get it done.

This is nonsense.

Paul isn't going anywhere.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd trade anything outside a top 3 pick for Lawson/Holiday/Collison + tin incentive. We need a PG. We really need a PG. We really need a good, young PG. No one outside the top 3 is worth keeping if our PG game is going to remain the same.

I would trade anything outside of a top 2 for Collison. A lot of people don't want Cousins because of his attitude and immaturity, but I think he is clearly the number 3 pick in this draft. If Bird doesn't want his problems then I would rather have Collison over Favors or any of the other PF's.

granger for paul ok where do i sign?

the other trade you asked no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    A lot of people don't want Cousins because of his attitude and immaturity ...............
    Sometimes, ya just gotta roll the bones and take a chance. The kid is big and strong. All traits that the Pacers are void of.

Attitude ?? Well, that just might toughen up this group of softies a bit. There hasn't been a tough guy on the Pacers since DD. And no, don't come back with the JO argument. One of the softest PFs ever to play the game. He never met an encounter that he didn't backpedal from.

Immature ?? Weren't we all at one point in our lives ?? If they're not lucky enough to get Wall or Turner, Cousins would be a bit of a gamble, but the payoff could be nice. People don't win big in Vegas by playing the penny slots.

I would take a chance on Cousins it just seems a lot of people on here are afraid of him. I think he is definitely top 2 or 3 talent. But will Bird take a chance, that I am not sure of. I just think after the top 3 picks there is a big drop off in talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I think we should see how Danny does first half of the season under a new coach. If he we still see the bad things we do now then yes. We should seriously look to trade him. But I at least want to give him another 1/2 a season under a new coach.

If we still have Jim coaching then it doesn't really matter... I would have no confidence in anything the Pacers do at that point, and I would want a whole new front office.
    QFT...Personally, I would rather keep Granger. Give up Granger, then you're forced to promote D. Jones and Dunleavy to the SF spot. Plus, it's basically starting over from scratch. I'm perfectly fine with a collection of good talent vs. one superstar talent with average players. This team has played together enough and should have good chemistry under a GOOD coach and one more piece to the puzzle. Granger/Rush/Hibbert is the core of this team, and I wouldn't want to break that up until it's proven it's not a winning combination.