View Poll Results: How much did the signing of Rasheed Wallace contribute to the Celtics' decline in regular season gam

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • None at all

10 41.67%
  • A little, but not a significant amount

11 45.83%
  • A moderate amount

1 4.17%
  • A large amount

1 4.17%
  • All of it

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 03/12/2010 Game Thread #65 Pacers at Celtics

Default Re: 03/12/2010 Game Thread #65 Pacers at Celtics

unusual amount of turnovers for Price..quite the eventful box score for 15 minutes..

and JOSH FOR 3!!! His shot looks on tonight..earning himself some minutes..
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-12-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jesus Christ.
    What?

That was a good block McRoberts had on Big baby Davis. Too bad he doesn't get the benefit of doubt with the refs. There was another foul on him earlier in the game against Wallace, and all he did was put his hand straight up. Both times he was called for using his off hand to push, but you watch the more established big men in the league and they do the same thing with out the whistles cause its called protecting your body.

Thats probably the hardest block in basketball to make, facing up your defender who is barreling in on you on a fast break, because you can't just jump straight up as he'll make contact and push you back with momentum, you can't jump into him as that would be impeding progress. Terrible to see if officiated so badly on a nightly basis.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I enjoyed the 4th quarter and the 20 seconds or so we got of Price, Rush, Granger, McRoberts, and Hibbert together. The rest of it was awful.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

AJ Price is so much better than our other PGs... can we please get a new coach that can recognize player talent and chemistry?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    What?
    I think it was a desperate plea to the divine.

Another loss.......ohhh the lottery balls!!!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

They played THE lineup tonight for the first time ever; THE lineup being Price/Rush/Granger/McRoberts/Hibbert.

That lineup saw about 2 minutes together in the late 3rd quarter. They were -2.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    They played THE lineup tonight for the first time ever; THE lineup being Price/Rush/Granger/McRoberts/Hibbert.

If only they could wake the **** up and play this lineup more often...

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I enjoyed the 4th quarter and the 20 seconds or so we got of Price, Rush, Granger, McRoberts, and Hibbert together. The rest of it was awful.
    I really wish people would stop mentioning McBob as an integral part of the team. Decent rotational player, but if the Pacers have him in the starting lineup or if he's part of 'the best the Pacers can put on the floor', well, that's a sign of a long season.

Kind of like this one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Mood

Don't worry guys. Josh McRoberts had a poor performance in a losing effort,but it might not be irrelevant!

He made 2 threes! I'm sure that will help him get on JO'B's good side.
    Pacers,baby!

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I really wish people would stop mentioning McBob as an integral part of the team. Decent rotational player, but if the Pacers have him in the starting lineup or if he's part of 'the best the Pacers can put on the floor', well, that's a sign of a long season.

Kind of like this one.
    Ugh..he's not...and no one is saying he is.

What we are saying, is that..in the situation we are in..we want to see what we have in McBob, and we want to play the younger guys together to develope some chemistry. Obviously we'd all prefer Tyler were here, (well most of us :P) but he's not. So right now, it benifits us a lot more to play McBob then it does to play Troy...or heaven forbid Dun and DJones at the four.

I thought that pair of 3s brought some justified hope about McRoberts future. He needs something to hang his hat on and a long ranged jumper is probably his best hope, the things that McRoberts can do are pretty irrelevant for his position and role. The offensive game he currently presents can be very valuable but not when packaged with his sub-par rebounding and defence. He needs to limit his mistakes and find a way of consistently building points and helping his team on offence (I'd bet on a face-up game+jumper), otherwise he's out of the league when his contract is up if not before.

I find it really hilarious that Josh could be just as good or better than Troy on offense if only he strictly shot 3s, or drived to the hoop. Passing be damned... Defense be damned...

If Josh tried to emulate Troy and mainly look for his 3pt shot, he would probably be quite close to Troy's numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I find it really hilarious that Josh could be just as good or better than Troy on offense if only he strictly shot 3s, or drived to the hoop. Passing be damned... Defense be damned...

If Josh tried to emulate Troy and mainly look for his 3pt shot, he would probably be quite close to Troy's numbers.
    Murphy is in the league because he can shoot very well, can rebound, is a very solid passer, very efficient as a scorer, plays relatively mistaken-free, stretches the floor with his long range shot and has some ability to construct points with his drives - not because of his defence. That's why so many different coaches, college and NBA alike, have always played him, he was never sent to the D-League, was drafted in the lottery and not in the 2nd round and never had to sign a non-guaranteed contract to play basketball.

So, if McRoberts could emulate what Murphy does, he should start immediately. He probably wouldn't be as lucky as Murphy and find a GM fooled by his boxscore production and willing to overpay him, but he surely would have a job in the NBA for many years to come.

But as it is, how will McRoberts earn his stay in the league? What kind of player is he going to be? A better question: of all the role-players currently in the league, who should be his role-model, who should he model his game after?
    Last edited by cordobes; 03-15-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post

I'd have no problem with the losing if we played this lineup more.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-15-2010 at 04:26 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.