Thread: IND/CHA

Default IND/CHA

So the gears are still turning on the supposed deal that almost happened at the deadline with Charlotte. Im not open to giving up Rush in the deal.....so I wonder if Chalrotte would be open to this....

Indiana Gets:

1. Augustin
    2. Henderson
    3. Diop
    4. 2010 1st rounder (12-16ish)
    5. Earlier of their 2 2nd rounders (late 30s-early40s)

Charlotte Gets:

1. Ford/Murph/Dun (whichever expiring deal they prefer)
    2. Our 1st rounder (top 2 protected, prob in the 4-8 range)
    3. Our later 2nd rounder (50's)
    4. Solo Jones

I think we are crazy not to do this. We can prob still get what we need in front court help at this spot, while also shoring up our back court for the future. We take on Diops deal which sucks, but is a necesarry evil to make this happen. We could likely parlay our 2 early-mid 2nd rounders into another 1st round pick as well.

All depends on if Charlotte really wants Ford or an expiring, and if they have a target thats out of their reach in the draft that they value over Augustin & Henderson, whom they dont seem to think much of.

Default Re: IND/CHA

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the gears are still turning on the supposed deal that almost happened at the deadline with Charlotte. Im not open to giving up Rush in the deal.....so I wonder if Chalrotte would be open to this....

Indiana Gets:

1. Augustin
    2. Henderson
    3. Diop
    4. 2010 1st rounder (12-16ish)
    5. Earlier of their 2 2nd rounders (late 30s-early40s)

Charlotte Gets:

1. Ford/Murph/Dun (whichever expiring deal they prefer)
    2. Our 1st rounder (top 2 protected, prob in the 4-8 range)
    3. Our later 2nd rounder (50's)
    4. Solo Jones

I think we are crazy not to do this. We can prob still get what we need in front court help at this spot, while also shoring up our back court for the future. We take on Diops deal which sucks, but is a necesarry evil to make this happen. We could likely parlay our 2 early-mid 2nd rounders into another 1st round pick as well.

All depends on if Charlotte really wants Ford or an expiring, and if they have a target thats out of their reach in the draft that they value over Augustin & Henderson, whom they dont seem to think much of.
    I would NEVER give up our first rounder (even if it is protected top 2) for what we are getting in return. Even is Wall and Turner are gone, there still are many good players in the draft like Wesley Johnson, Cousins (thought I'd be cautious with him), Favours, etc.

IMO, this is a horrible trade for us
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would still consider the rumoured deadline trade Rush and Ford for Mohammed , Augustine and Henderson. Expecially when you consider the Bobcats now former owner Bob Johnson vetoed it.

If the Pacers somehow get the #2 pick and draft Evan Turner , I shop Rush anyway in spite of his recent good play ( its increasing his trade value).

We arent really just giving up our pick. We still get a decent 1st round pick from Charlotte. Considering we would also get a pretty high 2nd rounder from them we could as I said likely get back into the 1st round with those 2 pics as well.....so we would essentially be trading down for 2 1st rounders, as well as getting 2 young prospects in Henderson & Augustin.....Its not a guarenteed homerun for us......but it sure gives us better odds of one than just keeping the our original pick and hoping it pans out.....instead we would have what amounts to 4 1st round picks when you consider Henderson and Augustin were both high 1st rounders and still have a lot of promise.