Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales of woe all too well

Default Re: Tales of woe all too well

I wish we could have gotten TJ's dance on video. It would have been hilarious.
    I'm still hoping we luck our way into Wall or Turner but if that doesn't happen DJ sounds good to me. Or if Minny lands a top 2 pick maybe we can trade for one of their 50 PG's that they'll have.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about TJ/murphy for Collison and Okafor..

I'd do it in a heart beat..
    Do the salaries match up? I would do that as well. Not sure NO goes for it though. They lose a center here, and this deal would downgrade their backup PG position (Collison to Ford) with salary added. They would have to start Murphy or West at center. We all know the trainwreck that Murphy is at center, and West is a little too small to play the position, so I'm not sure what the incentive is here for Nola, besides expirings.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We would all love that, but why would the Hornets do that? They can get more for him than that, easily. If we wanted Collison, I assume we would have to throw Murphy and Rush their way, and take back an unsightly contract (Okafor or god forbid Peja) with DC.
    Hornets need to shed salary. So if they can do that without giving up David west I'm sure they would jump at it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Do the salaries match up? I would do that as well. Not sure NO goes for it though. They lose a center here, and this deal would downgrade their backup PG position (Collison to Ford) with salary added. They would have to start Murphy or West at center. We all know the trainwreck that Murphy is at center, and West is a little too small to play the position, so I'm not sure what the incentive is here for Nola, besides expirings.

It would be dumping salary for NO. Two expirings, They get to give away Okafor's contract, but also have to give away Collison.

My impression is that NO very much wants to just dump most of their salary, I could be wrong though. This really would be too good of a deal for the pacers, if you value Collison really high.

Although personally, I do think we could swing a Murphy for Okafor deal. Which truthfully, would be nice. We need a PF badly, they want to dump his contract. Yes, he's got a big contract, but I think the Pacers need to think about what kind of player they expect to get with that money. Because honestly, I think the situation the Pacers are in, they are much better off winning with a bunch of pretty good players that play very good defense and play really well together (like Detroit used to be) rather than trying to find our superstar..because I think the reality is, we won't get a Lebron or Dwayne.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

You aren't going to get Collison for expirings. Now if we miss out on Wall/Turner, I would be very interested in swapping picks with NO if we net Collison in the deal. I have kinda been beating this drum in every post I make recently, but the dude has looked seriously really impressive lately. Way more than Augustin... and I'm not convinced Augustin is any better than AJ Price honestly.

If it came down to #5 and Murphy (exp), for #13, Collison and Okafor. I would be all over that.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 03-09-2010 at 02:00 AM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports