Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seth fired the first salvo now Duke is chiming in.....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Seth fired the first salvo now Duke is chiming in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the advantage for those who renew early for next season?

Wasn't last year an outing with the team?
    Locking in a two-year price, and you get a copy of "When the Game Was Ours". If you pay in full by March 19th you get your copy signed by Larry Bird.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Locking in a two-year price, and you get a copy of "When the Game Was Ours". If you pay in full by March 19th you get your copy signed by Larry Bird.
    I think you also need to renew early to get the ticket credit for next season.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjacobs7 View Post
    I think you also need to renew early to get the ticket credit for next season.
    I love that I get to use $250 towards Varsity Club meals. Those are simply amazing.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    LA,

You could "sponsor" a local fan via season tickets. Maybe give X tickets per season to Y amount of fans?
    not entirely a bad idea.

But I'm broke as a joke this year.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo

When is the latest that one can buy Season Tickets?

Is it possible to wait until the day after the draft to purchase Season Tickets.

If I had to spend my hard-earned $$$$ on Tickets, not only would I wait until lottery day....I'd wait until after the day after the draft to see who we end up with ( assuming that we do not make some draft day trade to trade down ). Finding out who our rookie Player is will make enough of a difference for me to decide whether I want to get Season Tickets or not. IMHO.....JO'B will still be the Coach...or ( at best ) Connor will be.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

Is it possible to wait until the day after the draft to purchase Season Tickets.

If I had to spend my hard-earned $$$$ on Tickets, not only would I wait until lottery day....I'd wait until after the day after the draft to see who we end up with ( assuming that we do not make some draft day trade to trade down ). Finding out who our rookie Player is will make enough of a difference for me to decide whether I want to get Season Tickets or not. IMHO.....JO'B will still be the Coach...or ( at best ) Connor will be.
    Yes, it's possible. I didn't order mine for the current season until sometime in July.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjacobs7 View Post
    Yes, it's possible. I didn't order mine for the current season until sometime in July.
    If that's the case....I'd wait until things settle down by the end of the draft.

By then, we'll know the following:

1 ) Whether we won a Top 3 pick or not
    2 ) If we ended up trading down in the draft in some package to acquire additional talent and/or one of one of the Big4 contracts to shed 2010-2011 Salary
    3 ) Whether JO'B will still be our Coach or not.

All 3 of the above conditions would sway me whether to buy Season Tickets or go with Mini-Plans to see a few games against some top tier Teams.

I'd think that there shouldn't be too much of a difference in the seat that you can choose as a STH if one waited until after the draft.....it's not like there is a rush of STHs to take all the good seats.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-08-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    LA,

You could "sponsor" a local fan via season tickets. Maybe give X tickets per season to Y amount of fans?
    This is something I wanted to look at doing for either the Pacers or Redskins a few years ago. I never followed through with it, but I thought it would be really cool to have the forum purchase a package (say middle price range seats) and give them out to like military families or something of that sort.

Not sure how that would work, if it would even work at all.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

You could show up to the home opener, open your checkbook and get tackled by 5 ticket reps.

Seats aren't going to be hard to come by. They can talk all they want about free books I don't want, but when push comes to shove this is not a good market for them.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    If the team losing doesn't bother you, why then is your reason for not renewing your season tickets?
    Jim O'Brien.

He wasted 2 years of quality development with his crap, has HAD (not just recently) a poor attitude toward the younger players we are trying to develop, and on top of all this he has a basketball style that is a cheap, unpleasantly foolish way to play the sport.

I think all of these things got worse over the course of this year and I'm fed up. If it's Skiles giving Roy and Rush 35 mpg, supporting their good efforts and driving even the vets to be accountable for the bad efforts, then I'll pay to watch them lose on their way to being a better team.

This team isn't getting better, the kids aren't being developed. So what's the point?