View Poll Results: If I had to pick between these 2, the bball movie I would watch more than once is

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks"

20 80.00%
  • "Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals"

2 8.00%
  • I can't decide between them

3 12.00%
  • I'm not interested in either of them

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 03/06/2010 Game Thread #63 Pacers at Suns

Default Re: 03/06/2010 Game Thread #63 Pacers at Suns

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was a fun game to drink to. I enjoyed it and 120 ounces of alcoholic goodness.
    You got me beat by 5 beers man! Though I only drink quality beer, so I suppose it might've evened out... Pilsner Urquell mmmmm

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    Nice avatar DieHard. I see you took Rexnom's advice.
    Speaking of avatars... been a proud Strat owner since XMas '83!
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewtone For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Watson swings his hands from way up high on the slap, a full wind up. Then the elbow is a full wind-up too. He looks like a little punk thug and if it was Nash doing that to Danny I'd expect Danny to react just like Frye did.

Don't make excuses because it's a Pacer doing it. That's 100% unacceptable. WATSON is giving the Pacers the thug image again, not Frye. I don't even really like Frye, but GD. F'n stupid.
    Earl Watson...a thug??? LOL C'mon Son!! Please don't put him in the same category as a Jamaal Tinsley, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson or Shawne Williams just because of a slap on Frye's arm.
    Last edited by Mr_Smith; 03-07-2010 at 10:15 AM.
    BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
    Speaking of avatars... been a proud Strat owner since XMas '83!
    Christmas '96. 40th anniversary special strat. Special because it has lace sensor pick-ups. I hated strats and I called Fender the "eff word". My mom surprised me with it. I was 15 years old and getting good, so she thought she would get me a real guitar. When I opened it I was slightly disappointed because I knew she spent good money and could have picked up a Gibson instead, but when I plugged it into my Peavey amp I fell in love immediately. I haven't played a better guitar yet.
    Last edited by Noodle; 03-07-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Mood

Last night I was feeling pretty tired and decided to hit the record button midway through the 3rd quarter and catch up this morning.

As if it needed further testimony, Comcast receivers suck. Damn thing didn't even record.

So I get to sit through all the boring **** and then miss the fighting and exciting finish.

A minute left to go in the 3rd, and the game gets really interesting to watch. I wanted Granger to hit those 3's, and the team to win this game just to shut the Phoenix crowd up. Even Jimmy got into the bad call of a foul on Danny by getting a tech. Loved to see the fire in the team! It's easier to endure a loss with this type of effort.

AND for UB no negativism about Jimmy. I liked that blue n gold stripe tie Jimmy had on last night, he should wear it more often. Did anyone see McBob and a couple of others players on the bench talking and smiling. Chris or Quinn said Jimmy was smiling and talking too!!!

It warmed my heart to see O'Brien give a strong high-five to Brandon Rush (I think as he was walking back to the bench for a timeout).

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    A minute left to go in the 3rd, and the game gets really interesting to watch. I wanted Granger to hit those 3's, and the team to win this game just to shut the Phoenix crowd up. Even Jimmy got into the bad call of a foul on Danny by getting a tech. Loved to see the fire in the team! It's easier to endure a loss with this type of effort.

AND for UB no negativism about Jimmy. I liked that blue n gold stripe tie Jimmy had on last night, he should wear it more often. Did anyone see McBob and a couple of others players on the bench talking and smiling. Chris or Quinn said Jimmy was smiling and talking too!!!
    I saw that too. McBob, Troy and TJ were all laughing with Jim like good buddies. There is still alot of comraderie on the team and the players don't hate the coach or have given up on him like we have, or like we think they have. I think he has a good relationship with his players.

I still want him gone after this season.

But I was very encouraged to see the minutes given to McBob and AJ and not in garbage time. If we can keep feeding Roy in the post, see what we have in McBob with some solid minutes and play AJ alot the rest of the year I will not say one bad word about Jim the rest of the season.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 03-07-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I saw that too. McBob, Troy and TJ were all laughing with Jim like good buddies. There is still alot of comraderie on the team and the players don't hate the coach or have given up on him like we have, or like we think they have. I think he has a good relationship with his players.

I still want him gone after this season.

But I was very encouraged to see the minutes given to McBob and AJ and not in garbage time. If we can keep feeding Roy in the post, see what we have in McBob with some solid minutes and play AJ alot the rest of the year I will not say one bad word about Jim the rest of the season.
    He may be a nice guy, but body language can give away a lot.

I noticed it during summer league, and thought perhaps Tyler and AJ were not sure of the "unknown" maybe being a little "shy" or what have you. But when O'brien was talking to the two of them, instead of the "arm aound the player" move, AJ and Tyler would typically be a good 15 feet away from him.

Last night, JOB tried to put his arm around Watson, Watson stayed as far away from him as possible, and actually continued to move towards the left as O'brien kept trying to step closer to him.