Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

Default The Ben Roethlisberger Thread

Apparently another chick is accusing him of sexual assault.

Uh oh

Ben Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault

Posted Mar 5th 2010 3:15PM by TMZ Staff

Ben Roethlisberger Sexual AssaultPittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault by a young woman in Georgia, TMZ has learned.

The alleged incident occurred early this morning at Capital City -- a club in Milledgeville, Georgia.

According to law enforcement sources, the alleged victim -- who has already been interviewed by police -- was treated at a local hospital and released.

We're told in addition to the alleged victim, witnesses are being interviewed -- and one law enforcement source says they will attempt to interview Roethlisberger.

In addition to the Milledgeville Police Dept, we've learned the Georgia Bureau of Investigations is also investigating.

As we previously reported, Roethlisberger is being sued by a Reno woman, Andrea McNulty, who claims the QB sexually assaulted her in 2008.

UPDATE: We're told Roethlisberger has already been interviewed by police. We're also told no formal charges have been filed at this point.

UPDATE 3:30 PM EST: A rep from the Steelers tells TMZ, "We are gathering information on this incident - until then we have no further comment."

Story developing ...
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0hKx7yw26
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 05-04-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: New

Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

At least this one went to the cops-- the civil suit only route always looks bad-- so maybe there is something there this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least this one went to the cops-- the civil suit only route always looks bad-- so maybe there is something there this time.

And she didn't wait a year either so she's looking a lot more credible in comparison.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not looking good for Big Ben so far....
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Accuser: Big Ben Assaulted Me in Bathroom

Posted Mar 5th 2010 4:00PM by TMZ Staff

Ben Roethlisberger Sexual AssaultThe woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told police the whole thing went down inside the women's restroom of a Georgia nightclub.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the woman told cops she was inside the restroom of Capital City nightclub when the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback entered and allegedly assaulted her.

We're told Roethlisberger has still not been charged with a crime.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-ro...#ixzz0hL6lTyeN

Take it for what its worth

Cops: Big Ben Accuser Was 'Hysterical'

Posted Mar 8th 2010 9:00AM by TMZ Staff

The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault was "hysterical" when she spoke with cops ... this according to a source at the Milledgeville Police Department.

We're told Ben's accuser arrived at the P.D. with three other women. According to a source at the police department, Ben's accuser was extremely emotional and looked like she had been crying for hours.

Ben's agent, Ryan Tollner, said on Friday, "we are skeptical of motive." Our source begged to differ, saying Ben's accuser did not look like a girl who was making it up.

Roethlisberger has not been charged.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/08/ben-ro...#ixzz0hbd3V4os

Ben's lawyer is the same one Ray Lewis got
    Big Ben's Lawyer -- Great Record with NFL Stars

Posted Mar 8th 2010 7:00AM by TMZ Staff

Ben Roethlisberger just made a helluva legal draft pick -- dude just picked up the same lawyer who got NFL superstar Ray Lewis out of a murder charge ten years ago.

According to ProFootballTalk.com, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback just picked up Ed Garland -- an Atlanta-based attorney who specializes in personal injury and criminal defense.

As you may remember, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis was facing murder charges in Georgia back in 2000. Garland eventually had the worst of the charges dropped and the NFL star pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice.

Big Ben is at the center of an investigation in Georgia where he allegedly sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman in the bathroom of a nightclub.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/08/ben-ro...#ixzz0hbe9j7Hi

Police to hold a PC at 4 PM today

Police to address Roethlisberger allegations today
    Monday, March 08, 2010
    By Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- Authorities have called a press conference for 4 p.m. today to address their investigation into sexual assault allegations against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10067...#ixzz0hblxrYi6

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

See I was on Big Ben's side the first time, but now I don't know what to think.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Well not much from the PC

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100308/..._investigation

Police hope to interview Roethlisberger soon
    Buzz up!0 votes Send
    Email IM .Share
    Facebook Twitter Delicious Digg Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks .Print .. AP – FILE - In this Jan. 3, 2010 file photo, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is shown on …
    . Slideshow:Ben Roethlisberger .
    By KATE BRUMBACK, Associated Press Writer Kate Brumback, Associated Press Writer – 11 mins ago
    MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. – The police chief in a Georgia college town says authorities hope to interview Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the next several days about a sexual assault accusation against him.

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue offered little other new information at a press conference Monday.

Police are investigating a 20-year-old college student's claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her early Friday. He has not been charged.

Blue says police have been talking with Roethlisberger's attorney, Ed Garland, and they expect Garland to arrange for them to speak with the quarterback.

Deputy chief Richard Malone says the accuser has also hired an attorney, but he would not say who that is

Well, there does seem to be a trend here with Ben.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    That alcohol leads to stupid behavior?

If he's guilty, I hope he gets the book thrown at him. If he's not guilty, he's still got to make better decisions as he's going to be a target for this type of stuff.

As of now, of course, charges have not been filed. But it will be interesting to see how the courts of public opinion and criminal law move at different speeds and may even reach different conclusions.

I find it interesting that his lawyer is again boldly proclaiming his innocence. In the court of public opinion, that's a risky move if it turns out that there's enough evidence to press charges (which, as we all know, still doesn't mean guilt or innocence in a criminal court.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

On mourning talk radio they went through some details involving the time line of the case. It sounds like he went from one bar to watch the Pitt bb game to another for a more drinking with some college kids.

I guess that can place Ben at the place with the girl. Also they had a witness that Ben called a girl a expletive after he found out she didn't want anything but a picture of him for her boyfreind. Again it talk radio so take it for what its worth.

If there is DNA evidence on this case then it will come down to a big personal character smear fest.

One things for sure, Ben hasn't learned the value of quiet living.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-08-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post

I find it interesting that his lawyer is again boldly proclaiming his innocence.

I don't. Lawyers almost always proclaim innocence on behalf of their client in situations like these. Charges or not, he's going to say the same thing which is that his client is innocent. Think of all the high-profile cases with celebs that we've seen in the past (Kobe, OJ both times, Bonds). They always have a lawyer saying that they're innocent, regardless of whether charges are brought or not. I wouldn't have expected anything different here.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-08-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    That alcohol leads to stupid behavior?
    Pretty much. We don't know everything that happened in the 2 situations, but there seems to be a sexual connection also. True - after #1, he's a target for #2 (and #3, #4, etc .........).

He simply has to make better decisions. Such as just smiling and walking away from the girl (if what he 'said' is correct.). Or simply staying out of college bars. He ain't in college anymore.

Pretty much. We don't know everything that happened in the 2 situations, but there seems to be a sexual connection also. True - after #1, he's a target for #2 (and #3, #4, etc .........).

He simply has to make better decisions. Such as just smiling and walking away from the girl (if what he 'said' is correct.). Or simply staying out of college bars. He ain't in college anymore.
    Agree on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I don't. Lawyers almost always proclaim innocence on behalf of their client in situations like these. Charges or not, he's going to say the same thing which is that his client is innocent. Think of all the high-profile cases with celebs that we've seen in the past (Kobe, OJ both times, Bonds). They always have a lawyer saying that they're innocent, regardless of whether charges or brought or not. I wouldn't have expected anything different here.
    I should have included the caveat "before the DA decides if he's pressing charges".

"I'm going to beat this" is different than, "you just watch, they aren't even going to charge him with anything." IMO.

Well she dropped out of school

Roethlisberger Accuser Drops Out, Goes Home

Posted Mar 9th 2010 8:10AM by TMZ Staff

Ben Roethlisberger Sexual Assault Ben Roethlisberger's alleged sexual assault victim is at home with her parents after dropping out of school, TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources tell us the 20-year-old woman dropped out of Georgia College & State University over the weekend.

We're told her folks picked her up in Milledgeville and brought her to the family home outside Atlanta.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/09/ben-ro...#ixzz0hi4Wz3DN

Roethlisberger Case - Cops Comb Bar for Clues

Posted Mar 9th 2010 12:10AM by TMZ Staff

Cops involved in the Ben Roethlisberger investigation went back to Capital City bar in Georgia yesterday and searched the restroom for clues ... sources tell TMZ.

As we already reported, the alleged sexual assault took place in a bathroom in the bar. "The cops were all over that bathroom," one source told TMZ.

And Capital City bar -- where the alleged incident occurred -- was closed Monday.

The alleged accuser is under 21. She was legally allowed to be in the bar but not allowed to drink. Law enforcement tells TMZ the alleged victim had been drinking and "alcohol is a factor in the investigation."

Sources say the authorities are trying to find out if the woman was served at any of the local bars.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/09/ben-ro...#ixzz0hi5QzGa1

Give Big Ben benefit of the doubt

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

The investigation into sexual assault allegations against Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) continued Monday, with Milledgeville, Ga. authorities conducting a press conference that revealed little about which way this case might go. They’re still gathering evidence and conducting interviews, and they’ll let us know when they decide whether charges will be filed.

You know, the whole due-process thing.

The deliberate pace of justice won’t do for some people, however. In this age of immediacy, they want to rip Roethlisberger right away for the mere fact that someone has accused him of a heinous act, even though his lawyer insisted Monday that the quarterback is “completely innocent of any crime.”
    Michael Silver

IMHO Ben should NOT be talking to the police. There's not one single thing he could say that will help him no matter how innocent or guilty he is. ...unless he was in another zip code with witnesses when the alleged encounter occurred.

All his cooperation will do is allow the police (and prosecutor) to fill in any blanks in their theory of the crime before it gets to trial.
    Last edited by Bball; 03-09-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    IMHO Ben should NOT be talking to the police. There's not one single thing he could say that will help him no matter how innocent or guilty he is. ...unless he was in another zip code with witnesses when the alleged encounter occurred.

All his cooperation will do is allow the defense (and prosecutor) to fill in any blanks in their theory of the crime before it gets to trial.

While that may be true fact is if they police are going to question him he's going to have to respond one way or another. If he doesn't cooperate it doesn't look good. Then again the fact he's in this mess yet again well looking good is rather irrelevant.

Cops request DNA from Ben

Cops Request DNA from Ben Roethlisberger

Posted Mar 9th 2010 1:08PM by TMZ Staff

Ben Roethlisberger has been asked to fork over a DNA sample to cops as part of the investigation into accusations that the NFL star sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman.

The Milledgeville Police Department claim they made the request to Ben's legal team and believe Roethlisberger will comply.

Ben's lawyer has already stated that his client is "innocent of any crime."

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback has already spoken to police about the alleged incident at the Capital City nightclub in Georgia -- but cops say they want to speak with him again sometime this week.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/09/ben-ro...#ixzz0hiG5WaoU

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

All his cooperation will do is allow the police (and prosecutor) to fill in any blanks in their theory of the crime before it gets to trial.
    Bens lawyer will try to find out what the police have as far as evidence and witnesses. Of course the Police won't be to forth coming but then Ben won't answer their questions in much detail if they don't. I am sure the advantage will be a give and take from each side.

The fact that the police have asked for DNA means they have something to compare it to. Thats not good for Ben.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    The fact that the police have asked for DNA means they have something to compare it to. Thats not good for Ben.
    Bingo. That's bad news.