Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: I hope you guys are listening to the JOB Show right now.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Re: I hope you guys are listening to the JOB Show right now.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What good would that do?
    Probably nothing but

what good did it do him to insult you the way he did?

alienate the fan base even more?
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Thats sad. I think I know who you are talking about without even listening to the show today. He calls in on every sport radio show and I can't stand him.
    Yup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Thats sad. I think I know who you are talking about without even listening to the show today. He calls in on every sport radio show and I can't stand him.
    that is nothing compared to some crazy guy on facebook, he are some of his crazy comments:

Benjamin Howell This PACERS season is not a lost cause guys. You complain about the team losing and now you are wanting them to lose? make up your damn mind. Pacers are not out of it yet. We are big underdogs for sure but I want to see them give it their all. I hate seeing teams throw away seasons. The Nets arent just throwing away their season. They are playing ... See Moreto be the upsets. They are trying to knock teams out of the playoffs. I mean come on. Wins are wins. And I would rather spoil teams from making the playoffs be beating them if I cant see them make the playoffs. I dont want them to just lose the last 26 games and not make the playoffs. Besides when we win we donate money to help support kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Is that really necessary

Is this the first time many of you have ever listened, seemed like you have never herd him talk before.

did no one else hear him talk about his job security? i thought that was the most interesting part of the show
    Buck,

Im sorry , but yes he acted like a prick

To take a call from a fan , when your team is struggling in a small market

and answer "for the fourth time"

yes in my book that was vey much a "prick response"

we can agree to disagree

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Group B fails to see the forest, because they're so focused on the tree.
    Like Mr. Miagi and his bonsai tree.

Mr. Miagi say "Beautifu Tlee, Daniel-san. Beautifu Tlee!"

I think overall the vets give us a little better chance to win than the young guys do.

If I were coach and my job depended on winning as many games as possible. I would play Murphy more than Josh, I would play Ford more than Price. Right now as far as winning - I think Ford gives the pacers a better chance at winning. (obviously there are other reasons to play Price instead of Ford. If Jeff were healthy enough to play then I think Jeff gives us a better chance of winning than Roy does. Obviously the team is not good either way, but at face value the comment by Jim that the vets are better players is a reasonable statement

Here is the thing though Buck,

Bird extended his contract, and has repeatedly stated that they expected the losses to come as part of their rebuilding. Bird also went on to say if anything the players will leave not the coach

so assuming Bird is being honest , that is about asa much job security as one can have in the NBA

My point is he doesnt have to win to save his job, at least in my perspective

I dont think he is as bada coach as deplicted, I just think Pacer fans are exhaustede this season and need someone to at

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    that is nothing compared to some crazy guy on facebook, he are some of his crazy comments:
    That dude follows me on twitter and says some crazy things there, too. He was telling "me" to lay off the coach after the call-in show.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    That dude follows me on twitter and says some crazy things there, too. He was telling "me" to lay off the coach after the call-in show.

unreasonable expectations or bad in math or both...

These are the guys I love to play against in poker games

I think overall the vets give us a little better chance to win than the young guys do.

If I were coach and my job depended on winning as many games as possible. I would play Murphy more than Josh, I would play Ford more than Price. Right now as far as winning - I think Ford gives the pacers a better chance at winning. (obviously there are other reasons to play Price instead of Ford. If Jeff were healthy enough to play then I think Jeff gives us a better chance of winning than Roy does. Obviously the team is not good either way, but at face value the comment by Jim that the vets are better players is a reasonable statement
    we are 12-12 with Price playing competitive minutes, and we are ..well I'm not going to do the math, but lets just say, significantly worse with Ford getting competitive minutes..not to mention just looking at the offense when Price is in vs. Ford.

So where exactly does Ford give you the better chance at winning.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post

unreasonable expectations or bad in math or both...

These are the guys I love to play against in poker games
    I'd be careful. You may be messing with someone of Rain Man proportions there.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    So where exactly does Ford give you the better chance at winning.
    I just had an epiphany. All this talk from JOB about the vets giving us the best chance of winning, we all assumed he meant games when in fact he meant the lottery. I take everyting I've ever said back, JOB is a GENIUS!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    no apologies, he sticks to his guns. I kind of admire that in a way.
    Yeah, its why I've always thought highly of Charles Manson...in a way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I just had an epiphany. All this talk from JOB about the vets giving us the best chance of winning, we all assumed he meant games when in fact he meant the lottery. I take everyting I've ever said back, JOB is a GENIUS!!!
    LOL, no..I think JOB is a guy who is having "what he thinks he knows" significantly challenged.

That's why he's getting short with fans/media
    That's why he seems to "resent" some of the younger guys.

JOB has a core belief that Vets are better than young guys, and it really just isn't true this season.

Charlie does have some good music out there... check out garbage dump

I buy that 100%
    Really. So when a coach who defends his Josh comment with the +/- stat, admits it is a tool and mentions it often, continues to play one of the team's worst +/- per minute players he's "trying to win".

Bulls***

If you believe in the +/- as a tool then that tool is telling you that for all his "spacing" it's not working because his +/- per minute is terrible. That's why you use that tool, it points out when what you think is going on isn't really going on.

He thinks Troy is helping, but one of his pet stats is saying quite directly that it's not helping.

This is why he's full of s***. We KNOW he looks at that stat and values it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Really. So when a coach who defends his Josh comment with the +/- stat, admits it is a tool and mentions it often, continues to play one of the team's worst +/- per minute players he's "trying to win".

Bulls***

If you believe in the +/- as a tool then that tool is telling you that for all his "spacing" it's not working because his +/- per minute is terrible. That's why you use that tool, it points out when what you think is going on isn't really going on.

He thinks Troy is helping, but one of his pet stats is saying quite directly that it's not helping.

This is why he's full of s***. We KNOW he looks at that stat and values it.
    Even if it's only "one" tool, it doesn't appear he's using it at all.

Price has the best per minute plus-minus on the team. Head has the second best. Neither get significant minutes.

In contrast, TJ and Troy have the 2nd and 3rd worst per minute. Solo is the worst per minute but he's usually used against the most dominant front lines.

BTW, it's true the TJ should not be playing. It's a travesty that Troy Murphy is playing big minutes.

Of course, now JOb gives McBob minutes against the Nuggets to make him look bad...
    LeWade are going down.

Mood

I'm going to take credit for McRoberts' PT tonight. lol

You think that playing the vets so much more now gives the Pacers a better chance to win games 2 years from now?

Because right now it's a tradeoff, try for wins now or try for wins later. You don't get to do both.

Troy, Dun and TJ are gone by next summer. Then when the coach looks down the bench he'll have to come up with a way to win with his new vets.

Except they won't be vets because they are still going to be very raw and underdeveloped.

JOB is the grasshopper, just enjoying the summer with no planning for his future needs. He's wasting all this time that he could be improving the guys he's going to have to lean on in 16-24 months.

Then when the star draft pick is here, the roster is cleaned of big contracts and he's expected to win 45 games, he'll be stuck wishing that Roy, Rush, Price and even McRoberts were better than they are.

OR...he doesn't think he will be here and he doesn't give a f*** about the Pacers future. And that's great, just the kind of guy I want running the team during a rebuild.

Pick one, both options suck. From a fans view it's bad for us. WE need these guys playing now and getting better because we will still be here in 2-3 years wishing we didn't spend 2-3 years doing very little youth development.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    You think that playing the vets so much more now gives the Pacers a better chance to win games 2 years from now?

Because right now it's a tradeoff, try for wins now or try for wins later. You don't get to do both.

Troy, Dun and TJ are gone by next summer. Then when the coach looks down the bench he'll have to come up with a way to win with his new vets.

Except they won't be vets because they are still going to be very raw and underdeveloped.

JOB is the grasshopper, just enjoying the summer with no planning for his future needs. He's wasting all this time that he could be improving the guys he's going to have to lean on in 16-24 months.

Then when the star draft pick is here, the roster is cleaned of big contracts and he's expected to win 45 games, he'll be stuck wishing that Roy, Rush, Price and even McRoberts were better than they are.

OR...he doesn't think he will be here and he doesn't give a f*** about the Pacers future. And that's great, just the kind of guy I want running the team during a rebuild.

Pick one, both options suck. From a fans view it's bad for us. WE need these guys playing now and getting better because we will still be here in 2-3 years wishing we didn't spend 2-3 years doing very little youth development.
    His system with young players probably self verifies. The players he believes to be worthy of minutes develop into serviceable players as time goes by. O'B then thinks, "See...I was right about him". Other players that he doesn't think are worth giving minutes to don't show well statistically and/or don't develop well as time goes by. O'B then thinks "See...I was right about him". The more often that this happens, the more that it reinforces O'B that his methods must be spot on because those he allows to develop actually do so, while those he does not allow to develop are far less likely to do so.

So, O'B may actually believe that he IS developing the young guys while still using the vets to win games, and that his young players simply aren't worthy of playing time because they never seem to play in winning efforts, which again self verifies statistically.

I also believe that O'B is not the only coach who is guilty of this, with as many protests regarding the propensity of other coaches to leave their young players glued to the bench as we have had here to the similar complaints that are voiced by fans of many NBA teams.

Obviously, from the outside looking in, this is simply circular logic and therefore has a net value in real world terms of approximately zero.

Hopefully our new hire of an outside statistical analyst will reduce this behavior by sometime next season and will begin to maximize results instead of minimizing them.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post: