Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

  1. #1
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Bob Kravitz grilled Jim O'Brien on Kravitz and Eddie today. When I say grilled, I mean grilled. If you have the ability to listen to the first 10 minutes of the show, I recommend you do it. I am not 100% confident that the Kravitz Jim O'Brien "tiraide" will be on the podcast, but here is the link: http://www.1070thefan.com/kravitzandeddie/podcast.aspx

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,559
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Hopefully somebody will please post a synopsis of what was said, and if Kravitz says that he is going to write an article about it.

  4. #3
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Can't wait to hear it, any highlights?

  5. #4
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Highlights:

    He essentially criticized O'Brien's competency:

    [1] Frequent line-up changes.
    [2] Starting Earl Watson.
    [3] Off colored comments regarding Josh McRobberts.
    [4] The players do not have confidence in his coaching ability (and he suggested that O'Brien doesn't even like his players). He stated that player confidence was the purpose of the one year extension.

    He concluded:

    [1] Jim O'Brien should be fired immediately, and Larry Bird should coach the remainder of the regular season.
    [2] The only thing interesting is having the 4th overall pick with the potential of gaining a DeMarcus Cousins caliber player.

  6. #5
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Highlights:

    He essentially criticized O'Brien's competency:

    [1] Frequent line-up changes.
    [2] Starting Earl Watson.
    [3] Off colored comments regarding Josh McRobberts.
    [4] The players do not have confidence in his coaching ability (and he suggested that O'Brien doesn't even like his players). He stated that player confidence was the purpose of the one year extension.

    He concluded:

    [1] Jim O'Brien should be fired immediately, and Larry Bird should coach the remainder of the regular season.
    [2] The only thing interesting is having the 4th overall pick with the potential of gaining a DeMarcus Cousins caliber player.
    He said this to Obie? Wow, how did Obie react? He doesn't seem like a guy who would handle that well.

  7. #6
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    The idea of questioning anyone's competency is highly amusing.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    what did O'Brien say.

    Wait, so Bob told Jim that he should be fired? or did he say that when Jim wasn't on the line.

    Bob told Jim that the players don't have confidence in him,.

    Was this an interview?

  10. #8
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    I wish he said it to JOB, but he said it in response to a comment made by Eddie regarding basketball. I hope I wasn't misleading. Though, he may as well have, after all it was the show's opening monologe.

    I wish there were a way we could stage a fire Jim O'Brien walkout - I seriously can't stand this coach anymore.

  11. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    I think when you say someone grills someone that means an interview. No?

  12. #10
    Member nerveghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    I thought you meant it was an interview. I was shocked he would nail O'Brien that hard to his face. Knowing he said it away from O'Brien makes more sense.

  13. #11
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think when you say someone grills someone that means an interview. No?
    Most of the time. In most concepts it's like interrogating or cross-examining, but for someone reason when I first read the topic, I didn't take it that way. I didn't think it would be in an interview, so I guess "grills" depends on the person

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think when you say someone grills someone that means an interview. No?
    That's they way I understood it. See we always agree.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    I was under the impression he said it to Obie as well. Perhaps an admin should alter the thread title? Just to avoid confusion.

  18. #14
    Member Mr. Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    704

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    What a tease...

  19. #15

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    it's especially funny because he goes as far as to say "when I say grilled, I mean grilled!" and then... he doesn't really mean grilled.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to binarysolo For This Useful Post:


  21. #16
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    As much as Bob gets on my nerves most of the time, this is one of those occasions when I am glad we have someone like him around, because the media around here has a tendency to be charmin soft on people and its refreshing to have someone go after Obrien like this when most media people have been scared to.

    I hope this is followed up with a column.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  22. #17
    Member Mr. Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    704

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Too bad he doesn't have the stones to say it to his face...

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sobchak For This Useful Post:


  24. #18
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish he said it to JOB, but he said it in response to a comment made by Eddie regarding basketball. I hope I wasn't misleading. Though, he may as well have, after all it was the show's opening monologe.

    I wish there were a way we could stage a fire Jim O'Brien walkout - I seriously can't stand this coach anymore.
    I said this earlier, but we could form a letter boycotting Pacers until he is gone and have everyone sign

    might help, might not but wth
    Sittin on top of the world!

  25. #19
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,623

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Can we get some more specifics on this. It's not archived yet so I can't hear it.

    I know ryheathco gave us the bulletpoints but is there anyway to find out what his complaints were about the lineup changes, why he doesn't like Earl Watson starting, etc.?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  26. #20
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Looks like Bob has been reading the PD boards lately.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  27. #21
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Just like every other Kravitz and Eddie, the show probably won't go to podcast until about 7 or 8 PM tonight.

  28. #22
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The idea of questioning anyone's competency is highly amusing.
    Well the reality IMO is that he's fed all his opinions/facts by Wells. I've come to view BK as a "Wells disciple" on all things NBA.

    Whatever, at least it gets that opinion out to the public even more.

    BTW, I do see BK at the games all the time, so it's not like he can't form his own opinions. He just seems to track Wells, and honestly at times Wells seems to track PD.

    My opinion is that PD and Wells just tend to have a similar mindset because we are watching the same stuff go on. I'm sure he reads here at least occasionally, but i don't think he just copy/paste lifts ideas.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think when you say someone grills someone that means an interview. No?
    Yeah, I also agree with you. In fact I don't think it could be reasonably counter-argued that it doesn't.

    This is more like "blasts JOB".

  31. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    I'm pretty sure most of the fans have already walked out judging by attendance...just join the Fire Jim O'Brien Facebook Group!


    @Pacers24Colts12

  32. #25
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Bob Kravitz Grills Jim O'Brien

    I think you mean that Bob DRILLED Jim O'Brien.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Similar Threads

  1. O'Brien with Kravitz & Eddie on Thursday afternoon
    By Placebo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 01:00 AM
  2. Kravitz: O'Brien's Fate Rests on Defense
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM
  3. Andy Richter reuniting with Conan O'Brien for Tonight Show!
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
  4. O'Brien details clashes with Webber (SI.com)
    By avoidingtheclowns in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
  5. Jim O'Brien interview from WTHR.com
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •