Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: In 2 years...

  1. #1
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default In 2 years...

    It appears that these guys are core, future players in this rotation.

    PG Price
    SG Rush/DJones
    SF Granger
    PF Hansbrough/McRoberts
    C Hibbert

    I think we'll be a much better team and everyone has improved in addition to other players we add.

    Hopefully they're all still members of the Pacers in 2 years when the big contracts expire.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Grove City, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,255
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    I wouldn't put Rush into that group yet, because TPTB never do.

  4. #3
    Member PaceBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears that these guys are core, future players in this rotation.

    PG Price
    SG Rush/DJones
    SF Granger
    PF Hansbrough/McRoberts
    C Hibbert

    I think we'll be a much better team and everyone has improved in addition to other players we add.

    Hopefully they're all still members of the Pacers in 2 years when the big contracts expire.
    That is a better team right now. These guys should be playing the majority of the game.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't put Rush into that group yet, because TPTB never do.
    I hope he's still here, but we have a new coach that he's more comfortable playing under.

  7. #5
    All hail King George! KnicksRGarbage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Crawfordsville,IN
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Imagine that... our ""core players for the future" are currently not getting any valuable playing time.
    Say it ain't so
    Coach Vogel on the Chicago crowd in game 4 : "I only heard pacers fans. I didn't see any red, I saw Pacers fans I saw yellow and blue, and I heard Pacers chants. That's all I heard the whole game."

    http://www.cacawebdev.com

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,397

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears that these guys are core, future players in this rotation.

    PG Price
    SG Rush/DJones
    SF Granger
    PF Hansbrough/McRoberts
    C Hibbert

    I think we'll be a much better team and everyone has improved in addition to other players we add.

    Hopefully they're all still members of the Pacers in 2 years when the big contracts expire.
    In two years, at least half those players you named won't be here.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    In two more years we will see another view.

    I agree with d_c. Most of those guys you listed will be gone.

    Honestly, our only true "core" players right now are Granger and Hibbert.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,397

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In two more years we will see another view.

    I agree with d_c. Most of those guys you listed will be gone.

    Honestly, our only true "core" players right now are Granger and Hibbert.
    Right now, I just wouldn't make too much debate about who the future is on this current roster with a throwaway roster being led by a throwaway coach. Wouldn't be talking about how this list of guys is "the future". The future is 2011 and what those roster spots and salary space brings in.

  13. #9
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In two years, at least half those players you named won't be here.
    In reality, that's probably correct.

    Part of rebuilding for the future is testing out players. I think that's what we're doing now with the younger players I mentioned.

  14. #10

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In reality, that's probably correct.

    Part of rebuilding for the future is testing out players. I think that's what we're doing now with the younger players I mentioned.
    Exactly, and no way to know that IF THEY DON'T PLAY NOW

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,949

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears that these guys are core, future players in this rotation.

    PG Price
    SG Rush/DJones
    SF Granger
    PF Hansbrough/McRoberts
    C Hibbert

    I think we'll be a much better team and everyone has improved in addition to other players we add.

    Hopefully they're all still members of the Pacers in 2 years when the big contracts expire.
    I would be shocked and amazed if even 3 of those 7 players are still on the roster in two years.

  17. #12
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    7,984

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    I'd guess this is right. I mean you think of the Al Jefferson trade, young guy with potential for an established star heading down the back side of a career.

    The thing is even if none of them are here, you need to develop them and therefore their value, hopefully.

    Danny is the only guy that has really really good value right now as a commodity and even that's diminished by playing for a bad team while having a lesser season than last year.

    Roy's hit a mini wall, imo, but he still needs to continue to show improvement and he will be an attracive piece to keep or bargain with.

    I'm stating the obvious, but when you are as bad as they are right now, everything should be on the table.

  18. #13
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,641

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be shocked and amazed if even 3 of those 7 players are still on the roster in two years.
    Really? I'd put money on Hibbert and Granger (one bad season does not make for a horrible player), and Hans will still be on his rookie contract. I wouldn't see them getting rid of Price (he's too cheap to be a valuable part of a trade, and he's good enough to be a backup PG).
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  19. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,949

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I'd put money on Hibbert and Granger (one bad season does not make for a horrible player), and Hans will still be on his rookie contract. I wouldn't see them getting rid of Price (he's too cheap to be a valuable part of a trade, and he's good enough to be a backup PG).
    I guess I'm more looking at the idea that 2 years is a long time and I see major changes coming. If you look at it player-by-player I see your point.

  20. #15
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    If that is the core, Bird's 2011 plan didn't pan out very well. Aren't we suppost to get someone sometime from our expirings? I certainly hope that is not our core.

  21. #16
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,627

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    I dont think Price and Hans are guys you want starting on a winning team. Price seems like a solid backup and Hans is an energy guy you want off the bench
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  22. #17
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,060

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In 2 years...

    If that's our lineup in two years, we are going to have a good shot to get the #1 pick.

    Out of that group, I expect Granger and Hibbert to be the only starters. Rush has the talent to start, but I do not know if he'll still be here. Hansbrough and Price haven't shown enough yet to be considered starters.

Similar Threads

  1. Simmons annual post draft article - always a classic
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
  2. Ford releases Mock 6.
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 03:39 PM
  3. News and Notes from around the NBA
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •