View Poll Results: Greg Oden will never live up to his expectations as a #1 overall pick

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly agree

    23 50.00%
  • Moderately agree

    14 30.43%
  • Uncertain

    9 19.57%
  • Moderately disagree

    0 0%
  • Strongly disagree

    0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 176 to 194 of 194

Thread: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

  1. #176
    Member ToasterBusVIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it was nice to see this team get back to its winning ways now that JOB could employ his preferred rotation again.
    You know, the more I watch this season, the more I'm convinced the team is going downhill for reasons that has nothing to do with talent. No, we're not a greatly talented team, but am I crazy or did they used to be more fun to watch. Even when they weren't any better they had a scrappiness that made it possible for them to win the games they shouldn't win. I get the feeling now that they're mainly going through the motions...with the particular exception I'd say of Jones, McRoberts, Price, and Hibbert (who's at least really trying to make stuff happen, as evidence by some of those wild desperation hook shots he threw up tonight). Last night I thought Rush would've been included in that group.

  2. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And just how do you know he is such a mediocre player? Everytime the dude plays he is freakin awesome. So what are you going on? Do you have some bias?
    I don't have any bias I just think he is average at best and know he will be gone soon so no reason to get worked up every game about how much time he gets and then celebrate when he does something positive after the other team stopped caring.

    If he was "freakin awesome" every time he played he would be playing for someone else, and If your not from Indiana and could care less about Josh it gets unbelievability old reading post after post on how McRoberts gets abused and misused by JOB and the Pacers.

  3. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely. He's a Hansbrough/UNC fan.
    Hansbrough fan yes, but hated UNC and Williams until to seeing him dominate his fresman year, and haven't watched but a few UNC games when they were the only decent game this year, so where is the bias again Josh isn't taking time from Tyler.

  4. #179

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexAustin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hansbrough fan yes, but hated UNC and Williams until to seeing him dominate his fresman year, and haven't watched but a few UNC games when they were the only decent game this year, so where is the bias again Josh isn't taking time from Tyler.

    HRRRMMMM....
    sounds fishy, but whatever. I was a fan of neither of them until they joined the Pacers. All I know is whenever Josh plays, he plays well. If you think he is a scrub I just have to wonder if you have preconceptions.

  5. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HRRRMMMM....
    sounds fishy, but whatever. I was a fan of neither of them until they joined the Pacers. All I know is whenever Josh plays, he plays well. If you think he is a scrub I just have to wonder if you have preconceptions.
    Why on earth would that sound fishy were on a internet chat board why would I need to lie about if I liked a college team or not, I would think Josh is mediocre if I liked Maryland, Kansas, UCLA, UCONN, Florida or Purdue?

    What are the Blazers and Pacers FO's agendas on not playing Josh and why hasn't the other 28 teams swooped in and made a offer for the boy wonder?

  6. #181
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers turnovers
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  7. #182
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Its official, they are mailing it in.

    To me, this game was the jump off the cliff. Really selfish play. Danny scored 30 with no assists. That's starting to be a pattern. TJ dribbles for 14 seconds hands off to Earl to dribble for 9 seconds force a bad shot. Sloppy defense, selfish offense. Really the jump the shark game for me. I know none of this is new, but it seem to come together in a perfect coaching, playing crap storm last night.

    I could go on with examples, but why bother.

    It would have been worse, if Portland played with more force and effort, alot worse. Portland played below par and still drilled them.

    I'm not frustrated or mad, just an observation.

    I hope AJ Price and McBob play 40 minutes a night from here out, at least they are going to try to play ball as a team.

    Oh ya, on a side note, sucks that the ill fitted offense made Dunleavy miss shot after shot and become a defensive turnstyle. Darn it, run those back cuts so he can SHINE.
    Last edited by Speed; 03-04-2010 at 08:11 AM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  9. #183
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    pacers have had the most trouvble this season with teams that play a very aggressive and physical style of defense. Blazers, Heat, Bobcats - teams can take us out of our offense and then we have nothing.

  10. #184
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexAustin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The love fest for such a mediocre player is what out of control
    Do you have any idea how much better mediocre is than the crap we have to watch every night?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  12. #185

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexAustin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have any bias I just think he is average at best and know he will be gone soon so no reason to get worked up every game about how much time he gets and then celebrate when he does something positive after the other team stopped caring.

    If he was "freakin awesome" every time he played he would be playing for someone else, and If your not from Indiana and could care less about Josh it gets unbelievability old reading post after post on how McRoberts gets abused and misused by JOB and the Pacers.
    Then do yourself and others a favor and quit reading posts about McBob. How hard is that? Then others don't have to read about your old tiresome comments about how you feel about McBob. Just remember, it's a 2 way street.

  13. #186
    Member Mr. Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    704

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have any idea how much better mediocre is than the crap we have to watch every night?
    At this point mediocre would be quite an improvement...

  14. #187
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,559
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pacers have had the most trouvble this season with teams that play a very aggressive and physical style of defense. Blazers, Heat, Bobcats - teams can take us out of our offense and then we have nothing.
    Portland Pace 87.7, Pace Rank 30, Defensive Rating 107.0, Rank 17
    (Worse than we are on defense statistically despite being clearly superior to us defensively. Who'd a thunk it?)

    Miami Pace 90.4, Pace Rank 28, Defensive Rating 104.8, Rank 10

    Charlotte Pace 90.6, Pace Rank 27, Defensive Rating 103.4, Rank 6

    Slower pace frustrates us offensively when the opposition dictates the slow tempo, which all three of these successful teams and their coaches plainly do as a matter of basic strategy.

    Detroit is the outlier at a 29 pace rank that currently is about as effective as we actually are defensively. K-Stat, care to verify this?

  15. #188

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    I have a Pacer schedule published by the Star hanging above the puter where it plainly states the Portland game March the 5 with a BtB on the 6th at Phoenix. I was astounded when I saw there was a game last night when looking at the box scores this morning. It's one of the few games I didn't view this season. Was there a game day change or an error by the Star?There is a game on the 6th at Phoenix, right?

  16. #189
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a Pacer schedule published by the Star hanging above the puter where it plainly states the Portland game March the 5 with a BtB on the 6th at Phoenix. I was astounded when I saw there was a game last night when looking at the box scores this morning. It's one of the few games I didn't view this season. Was there a game day change or an error by the Star?There is a game on the 6th at Phoenix, right?
    It was an error. Every schedule I have has us playing the Blazers on the 3rd.

  17. #190
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a Pacer schedule published by the Star hanging above the puter where it plainly states the Portland game March the 5 with a BtB on the 6th at Phoenix. I was astounded when I saw there was a game last night when looking at the box scores this morning. It's one of the few games I didn't view this season. Was there a game day change or an error by the Star?There is a game on the 6th at Phoenix, right?
    We play Denver on the 5th with a BTB at Phoenix on the 6th.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  18. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then do yourself and others a favor and quit reading posts about McBob. How hard is that? Then others don't have to read about your old tiresome comments about how you feel about McBob. Just remember, it's a 2 way street.
    I wish that I could avoid them, but we have so many of them its impossible to do! And I find It amazing how he can't do wrong here but nobody else in the league wants him.

    Whats going to happen when he becomes a FA and nobody signs him or he is the last man on another teams bench, who's going be holding him back then and when will the time come where reality sets in and people get past where he's from and are forced to realize he is what he is and its an end of the bench player.

  19. #192

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexAustin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish that I could avoid them, but we have so many of them its impossible to do! And I find It amazing how he can't do wrong here but nobody else in the league wants him.

    Whats going to happen when he becomes a FA and nobody signs him or he is the last man on another teams bench, who's going be holding him back then and when will the time come where reality sets in and people get past where he's from and are forced to realize he is what he is and its an end of the bench player.

    I really don't think anyone feels he's starter material, but they feel he might have the ability to be a good rotational player. Look at it in this light, they are just asking that he get an opportunity to prove you right or wrong. This season is a bust, so what's wrong with giving him the minutes? Why not let him play the 4 instead of putting Dunleavy and DJ at the 4 where they aren't qualified to play? They are just wanting to findout if he's got the ability to be a good rotational player.

    I was a staunch Graham supporter, and was upset in 07-08 when he'd have a good game then wouldn't get any PT for games afterwards. Last year he got minutes, and he wasn't as good as I had hoped, but at least he had the opportunity for the Graham fans to find out. That's basically what McBob supporters are asking for... time to see if he can be worth keeping and contributing in the future. You notice Graham's gone, and the same will be with McBob if he isn't a quality keeper.

  20. #193
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portland Pace 87.7, Pace Rank 30, Defensive Rating 107.0, Rank 17
    (Worse than we are on defense statistically despite being clearly superior to us defensively. Who'd a thunk it?)

    Miami Pace 90.4, Pace Rank 28, Defensive Rating 104.8, Rank 10

    Charlotte Pace 90.6, Pace Rank 27, Defensive Rating 103.4, Rank 6

    Slower pace frustrates us offensively when the opposition dictates the slow tempo, which all three of these successful teams and their coaches plainly do as a matter of basic strategy.

    Detroit is the outlier at a 29 pace rank that currently is about as effective as we actually are defensively. K-Stat, care to verify this?
    I'm not a stats guy. your point about slowing the pace giving us trouble is an excellent point - I agree with that. And that is certainly a large part of it. But it also seems the aggressive and physical pressure defenses bother us. Blazers might not be a good defensive team but their style of defense the other night gave us a lot of trouble

  21. #194

    Default Re: 03/03/2010 Game Thread #61 Pacers at Portland

    I was just watching this game (awful game by the Pacers, probably the worst of the season just a couple of days after having probably the most enjoyable one, which is weird) with the Blazers feed - did anyone notice the Blazers announcers hinting that Greg Oden would be back soon and will be playing in the play-offs? Somewhere in the 3rd quarter? I was surprised, I hadn't read about this anywhere, but they were clearly spilling the beans on this. I think Oden will never live up to the expectations but I also believe he's already a very good player. Not exactly the dominant presence he could be if he was a bit quicker moving his feet though - I hope the Blazers work him very hard in that aspect of the game this Summer. Still, I'm expecting Oden to make a few All-D teams and be a top-5 rebounder in the league and an extremely efficient scorer/garbage man offensively for his career.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 01:10 AM
  2. Travis Henry test positive again
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •