Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Obrien trying to get fired?

Default Re: Is Obrien trying to get fired?

I've already got my preseason gameplan speech prepared for the Pacers in my fantasy world where I pay them $3,000.00 to let me coach the team. It goes something like this.

AJ, you are the PG. Dahntay is the SG, Rush is the SF, Danny you are starting at PF till we make a trade for a better PF, Hibbert you are the Center.

The game plan is to feed the Hibbert every play. When he is out, run the pick and roll. Rush you should be the best player on this team. I don't care if you don't attempt a shot, but you play defense like your *** depended on it.

Danny, you need to learn to run the pick and roll, and then play D like Rush.

Troy, sorry dude you are benched. McBob, be ready when Foster/Hans can't play.

Murph you are on injured reserve, same with you Dunleavy, buy some nice suits *****es.

Default Re: Is Obrien trying to get fired?

He's either trying to get fired and Bird is punishing him by keeping him here. This could happen though.... A quote from someone at Well's blog.

Jim O'Brien is hanging on by a thread mentally. We saw him starting to break down before the All-Star break and some have commented that he is getting more aggressively defensive and his finger pointing is increasing with every question. He is about to snap, maybe he did last night, if not he is going to have one of the classic coaches meltdowns that ESPN plays over and over every year and it will end up in a Coors Light commercial.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)