Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Obrien trying to get fired?

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Default Is Obrien trying to get fired?

So I'm in the mood to stir the pot.

Maybe the guy is sick of the job and wants to get sent home with his paycheck and be done with it. Seems like a lofty accusation, but not all that insane when you think about it. I'm sure this season is wearing on him just like it does the players. He probably wants it over as much as we do.

We get to read puff pieces like "Youth movement hasn't stalled", followed by Jim seemingly becoming ever MORE hostile to playing the youth. Hibberts minutes cut even more, still no AJ... and now? Being forced to play Josh, and instead of praising his career effort, putting him down for it? Then making the implication that playing Roy in the low post is "getting in the way" of his brilliant passing game?

It almost seems like he is trying to **** off the fanbase, and even the front office in some capacity. We know the FO believes in Hibbert and AJ, and Morway has praised Josh in the past, it is almost like JOB is trying to push peoples buttons.

I really don't care if we win more games because of it and screw up the lottery, I'm just sick and tired of watching this team as coached by Jim Obrien. I can't even wait for this season to be over anymore. I just can't take this guy. Fire this guy and get the kids out there for the rest of the season, please, if only for my own mental health.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Banned

Default Re: Is Obrien trying to get fired?

This season blows. I hope Jim gets stuck in Portland.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    O'Brien's "irrelevant" quote off the mark

Sometimes, post-loss frustration gets the better of Jim O'Brien, and that certainly was the case Tuesday night. When asked about Josh McRoberts' career-high 15-point outing, O'Brien said, "Itís irrelevant. Try to do it in a winning effort so itís really irrelevant."

McRoberts scored nine of his points in the first quarter, when the Pacers held a 28-27 lead, so he was performing at a high level at a time when the team was contesting the outcome. This was not some guy coming in for the final few minutes of garbage time and making a few buckets. McRoberts played a key role in the Pacers' strong first-half performance.

If there's anything truly relevant about the final 22 games of this season, it should be developing young players like McRoberts, who has performed well when given the opportunity.

In six games in which he's played at least 15 minutes, McRoberts has averaged 9.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and made 24-of-40 shots (60 percent).
    http://my.nba.com/cms/111958/diener_...fs_in_portland

First Wells, and now even Bruno criticizing Obrien. I can't help but get my hopes up that the end may be near for Jim Obrien.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

I have more of a problem with management than I do with JOB at this point. Its very clear this season is going nowhere and that we should play the young players. Our coach for whatever reason doesn't want to do this. Well what the heck is management doing??? They need to tell JOB that he MUST play the young guys even if he doesn't want too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers101 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers101 View Post
    I have more of a problem with management than I do with JOB at this point. Its very clear this season is going nowhere and that we should play the young players. Our coach for whatever reason doesn't want to do this. Well what the heck is management doing??? They need to tell JOB that he MUST play the young guys even if he doesn't want too.
    I wonder how long will it be before people stop showing up at the home games for the rest of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by pacers101 View Post
    That's what I don't get.

Why Jim can't get it through his thick head he should be playing the younger guys the most minutes is one thing, but the fact that Larry hasn't told him directly to do it, is another.

Other's have said Larry is hands off, but I really think he needs to be hands on at the moment.

Banned

Is funny that I was thinking about this today, is possible that he is pulling a Mike Dunleavy Sr where he knows that the team owes him money and he does not care anoymore if he gets fired, either way he gets his money.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I wonder how long will it be before people stop showing up at the home games for the rest of the season?
    I already have.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I already have.
    Seriously

What if all of us on the board signed a letter that stated we will boycott attending Pacer games until Obie is gone or management steps up?

Power to the People!
    Sittin on top of the world!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Seriously

What if all of us on the board signed a letter that stated we will boycott attending Pacer games until Obie is gone or management steps up?

Power to the People!
    Since they won't do anything until the offseason, we just get everyone to boycott all games to the end of the year. That'll show 'em how much we want the team out of Indianapolis! We don't need anyone but the Colts here!
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

All hail King George! KnicksRGarbage's Avatar

So... I agree with everything on this board. but please people.. Don't let your ticekts go to waste. I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands for you!
    Unless your not showing up is to give the organization a big screw you, then I get it. Otherwise, I'll take those unused tix
    Coach Vogel on the Chicago crowd in game 4 : "I only heard pacers fans. I didn't see any red, I saw Pacers fans I saw yellow and blue, and I heard Pacers chants. That's all I heard the whole game."

http://www.cacawebdev.com

I think he tries to have too much passion in his job.

Most coaches don't rest their knee on the floor and scream at the players throughout the whole game.

JOB is definitly not a laid back coach.

Lawrence Frank is the complete opposite of JOB.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seriously

Power to the People!
    How would someone in Phoenix make a difference to that is the first question...

Secondly, you can count me out of that "letter".

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post

Most coaches don't rest their knee on the floor and scream at the players throughout the whole game.

I agree with you, Jim probably has ulcers from this season. He really does care. He has that going for him.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post

So he cares too much?

You have never heard Larry brown yell at his players

Lawrence Frank is laid back? I don't see that

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Is this like the tree falling in the forest with nobody around ?? Just because you haven't heard it means that it doesn't happen ?? Oy ...............

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    So he cares too much?

Lawrence Frank is laid back? I don't see that
    It seems that he's making things harder on everyone including himself than they should be.

All I hear during games is his voice much more than the opposing coach. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's just a lot of pressure.

Frank is definitly an easy going type of coach. I've watched him during games and he mainly stays quiet on the bench, but when he sees something wrong he's right up on his feet yelling.

Also, Frank is this type of coach who blends team chemistry. Unlike JOB who's mainly just in favor of shooting.

Seriously

Power to the People!
    Like a petition?!

Why not, we might need to get the FO to understand how p*ssed we really are.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I'd rather we kept showing up, but started "Fire JOB" chants throughout the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjacobs7 View Post
    I'd rather we kept showing up, but started "Fire JOB" chants throughout the entire game.
    Actually, that sounds like a better plan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Since they won't do anything until the offseason, we just get everyone to boycott all games to the end of the year. That'll show 'em how much we want the team out of Indianapolis! We don't need anyone but the Colts here!
    http://www.digitalfox.com/digitalfox...ry/foilhat.htm

Last edited by vnzla81; 03-03-2010 at 10:51 PM.

firejimobrien.com ???

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What are the chances he actually gets fired during the season? I mean, Wells is calling him out, even the spin master himself (Bruno) is calling him out. This team gives no effort and you would think by his substitution patterns that he is intentionally trying to antagonize the fan base. It's unreal. If Bird watches these games at all...I mean, something has got to be done, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    What are the chances he actually gets fired during the season? I mean, Wells is calling him out, even the spin master himself (Bruno) is calling him out. This team gives no effort and you would think by his substitution patterns that he is intentionally trying to antagonize the fan base. It's unreal. If Bird watches these games at all...I mean, something has got to be done, right?
    I would understand if Bird lets him finish the season. There is only 20 or so games left, and the worse we are the better at this point.

What would be absolutely unforgivable though... I mean, a real freakin' travesty... a loss in any good will and faith one might have still with the pacers... is if they keep him next season. I don't care if they hire me or you. I will pay them if they let me coach the team, so they actually make a profit if they fire him, but Jim has to go. He cannot be here next season.

We need to do what Bucks fans did a couple years bag and have a bag revolt...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Sobchak For This Useful Post: