Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why make this statement???

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Why make this statement???

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Conrad Brunner is calling Jim out for this.
    I'm speechless. If that doesn't prove O'Brien is ridiculous, I don't know what would.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra View Post
    As wonderfully entertaining as the whole Josh McRoberts communal lovefest is, this is bordering on delusional. Go tell any NBA scout, executive, coach, player, hell, any knowledgeable NBA fan, that Josh freaking McRoberts should be getting significant minutes on any NBA team. You know what will happen? They will laugh in your face, and rightfully so.

Josh is a twelfth man, a garbage minutes guy who plays really hard and gets mad love from the crowd. Don't think I'm hating on him, because I love his effort, but we're talking about a guy who's ceiling is Brian Scalabrine.

If nothing else, I think this just goes to show what dire straits this team is in right now. To the people clamoring for more minutes for Josh McRoberts, I ask you to be objective for a minute. Think how you would feel if you heard Laker fans demanding Phil play Morrison more, or, maybe more appropriately, if Nets fans were imploring the team to give Chris Quinn more minutes.
    Well, until he proves to me that he's worthless while playing for Indiana, my votes goes for him getting more playing time. Especially as the FIRST PF behind Murphy. Unless you're happy with watching Granger and D. Jones playing the PF instead...

Even Conrad Brunner is calling Jim out for this.

http://my.nba.com/cms/111958/diener_...fs_in_portland
    Wow.. When Conrad joins in the criticism you know things are bad.

Go tell any NBA scout, executive, coach, player, hell, any knowledgeable NBA fan, that Josh freaking McRoberts should be getting significant minutes on any NBA team. You know what will happen? They will laugh in your face, and rightfully so.
    Oh, I see. Every single one of us who feels Josh deserves SOME regular playing time is not a knowledgeable NBA fan.

I'm glad you cleared that up for us. You've just earned yourself a great amount of respect, sir. I salute you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Totally. Missing. The. Point.

No one has ever said he should be getting "significant minutes" on a full roster. NOT ONE PERSON.

I'll stop so you can read that again.

NOT ONE PERSON.
    WHAT!? That claim is just patently false. You are either ignoring what is going on around here, or simply not paying attention.

Please tell me what do you make of these quotes:

"Not that it's the first time, but Josh's play makes JO'B look like a fool for not giving him significant minutes every single game."

"I swear though we really need to start him over Murphy at this point in the season and see how he performs over an extended period of games."

And my personal favorite- "Every time that McRoberts plays, he looks like he belongs out there.

To say otherwise, you'd have to be watching a different game."

I'm sorry, but you can't deny that people want this kid getting significant minutes.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostArtestEra For This Useful Post:

Oh, I see. Every single one of us who feels Josh deserves SOME regular playing time is not a knowledgeable NBA fan.

I'm glad you cleared that up for us. You've just earned yourself a great amount of respect, sir. I salute you.
    Well, I wasn't going to be so blunt, but yes. If you think that giving Josh McRoberts regular minutes behooves the franchise, then yeah, you are, to put it nicely, an NBA knucklehead.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WHAT!? That claim is just patently false. You are either ignoring what is going on around here, or simply not paying attention.

Please tell me what do you make of these quotes:

"Not that it's the first time, but Josh's play makes JO'B look like a fool for not giving him significant minutes every single game."

"I swear though we really need to start him over Murphy at this point in the season and see how he performs over an extended period of games."

And my personal favorite- "Every time that McRoberts plays, he looks like he belongs out there.

To say otherwise, you'd have to be watching a different game."

I'm sorry, but you can't deny that people want this kid getting significant minutes.
    Significant minutes ON THIS TEAM.

Roy, Troy, and Solo are the only 4 and 5 players on the team. That's it.

No one has ever said he should be getting "significant minutes" on a full roster. NOT ONE PERSON.
    The bolded part makes one hell of a difference.

Well, I wasn't going to be so blunt, but yes. If you think that giving Josh McRoberts regular minutes behooves the franchise, then yeah, you are, to put it nicely, an NBA knucklehead.
    Wow.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's definitely a knucklehead in this thread, lol... take a wild guess who you might be.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    There's definitely a knucklehead in this thread, lol... take a wild guess who you might be.
    Wetbob just got banned apparently, so him?

-Lance Stephenson

I don't really like McBob, but the guy has NBA skills you can't deny it. His athleticism is off the charts, and his ball handling and passing for a big man are way above average.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Wetbob just got banned apparently, so him?
    Huh?

100% REAL, 0% OF THE TIME the jaddler's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well this Nucklehead has a few things to say!!!

First how can you say that someone doesnt know what there talking about because you dont agree with there opionon. I mean I very rarely agree with Unclebuck but I respect his opionon and Knowledge about the game! And I certinaly dont call him dumb or other disrespectful things!!!

Ok now on to JOB, to me his comments is like kicking a man when hes down. Or I feel its like throwing a basketball at a guy who has no arms!!! Not only are you making fun of the guy but your also hurting him!!!!

Now my question to you all is the following. Will the fire JOB when the final buzzer sounds at the last game of the season or will the wait till the next morning?

THIS NONSENSE HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!! FIRE JIM O'BRIEN!!!
    I CANT SPELL!

THERE ARE THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Huh?
    It says under his name banned and he just had a post deleted.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Significant minutes ON THIS TEAM.

Roy, Troy, and Solo are the only 4 and 5 players on the team. That's it.

The bolded part makes one hell of a difference.
    Wait, so you are claiming that nobody on here thinks Josh McRoberts is good enough to ever contribute to a healthy NBA team. Then what the hell is all this hubub about. If we all agree that the guy isn't really an NBA talent, then why are we arguing.

I think many around here think that McRoberts CAN be a contributor in this league, and I maintain that these people

*removed*

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    It says under his name banned and he just had a post deleted.

He chose... poorly.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by the jaddler View Post
    Well this Nucklehead has a few things to say!!!

First how can you say that someone doesnt know what there talking about because you dont agree with there opionon. I mean I very rarely agree with Unclebuck but I respect his opionon and Knowledge about the game! And I certinaly dont call him dumb or other disrespectful things!!!
    Hey, I'm as much for respecting people as the next guy, but that doesn't mean that stupidity is beyond reproach. If you say something ridiculous, well, then I am going to ridicule you.

Mood

As wonderfully entertaining as the whole Josh McRoberts communal lovefest is, this is bordering on delusional. Go tell any NBA scout, executive, coach, player, hell, any knowledgeable NBA fan, that Josh freaking McRoberts should be getting significant minutes on any NBA team. You know what will happen? They will laugh in your face, and rightfully so.
    They're more than welcome to laugh.

The season is beyond lost. Now I'm not going to tell anyone that Josh should be a starter, because yeah, that would be asinine. However his role yesterday was I think what everyone wanted. He came off the bench and he produced. How can anyone not like that?

Why not?

What is telling you in the back of your mind that this is a bad idea? We have 20 wins. 20. Any other situation I would agree and not give him significant minutes...but we're not!

Sure, who knows what the future holds for the guy, but this is the best opportunity to see if he can grow into an "NBA player". Yeah, he can turn out to be a lot more trouble than he's worth, but we will know that instead of wasting valuable time doing it.

The same goes with AJ. Give him a good look. Hell, give him two. We have seen what he can do. Let's see how long he can remain consistent at that level. What kind of game situations or changes do these guys need to work on?

My question is, why the hell not?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

...I am going to ridicule you.
    Not without consequence. That goes to everyone.

Wait, so you are claiming that nobody on here thinks Josh McRoberts is good enough to ever contribute to a healthy NBA team. Then what the hell is all this hubub about. If we all agree that the guy isn't really an NBA talent, then why are we arguing.

I think many around here think that McRoberts CAN be a contributor in this league, and I maintain that these people

*removed*
    No one is making the claim that Josh McRoberts is better than the 10th man on a full roster. Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

No, we don't agree he isn't NBA talent. He is fully capable of carving out a living playing in the NBA. Is he an important factor in the NBA? No, he's a dime a dozen. Eddie Gill still had NBA talent, even though he barely saw the floor.

You look at Josh McRoberts, and ONLY Josh McRoberts. The rest of us are looking at the TEAM and then Josh.

Playing Mike or DJones at the 4 is just plain dumb. They have zero business playing that position. What is the alternative? Josh McRoberts. He is a post player. You play your players in positions to help the team.

I might as well suit up and play the 4 over Mike. Playing them there does zero good.

Josh McRoberts isn't the argument. Playing Mike and DJones at the 4 is the argument. McBob is the solution.

If you would quit focusing on Josh, and look at the entire picture, then we wouldn't need to have this discussion every 4 to 5 days.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Hey, I'm as much for respecting people as the next guy, but that doesn't mean that stupidity is beyond reproach. If you say something ridiculous, well, then I am going to ridicule you.
    Stupidity is coming on a Pacers forum and dogging the majority of Posters along with the team. I believe there is a name for that?

Delete it if you want hicks or ban me but lets call it for what it is.

Edit: Next time read the digest rules.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-03-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Apparently my opinions are too offensive for this site. So **** it, you all go ahead and believe Josh McRoberts is something more than a horribly pathetic basketball player. I'll just hold my tongue from here on out. I'll probably stick to lurking for the entertainment value.

Apparently my opinions are too offensive for this site. So **** it, you all go ahead and believe Josh McRoberts is something more than a horribly pathetic basketball player. I'll just hold my tongue from here on out. I'll probably stick to lurking for the entertainment value.
    Thanks for the intelligent discourse!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Your entitled to your opinion but I feel pretty confident that ridiculing members of the board here will not be looked highly upon.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

No, your opinions will be valued if you have something to back them up with. Something besides saying, "Any knowledgeable NBA fan would know..."

Belittling someone is no way to get a point across, hence why people take offense.

Now if you have a valid reasoning behind why you feel the way you do, I'm all ears.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post: