Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62

Thread: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

  1. #26
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,624

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this green?
    I was partially joking......well, sort of.....but I didn't want to contribute to the negativity about JO'B that UB has been sensing from this board as of late.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #27
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    If the team is going to suspend people for conduct detrimental to the team, then why hasnt JOB been suspended yet?

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,504

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://my.nba.com/cms/111768/birthda...sion_for_jones




    Apparently we couldnt trade him for even a future pick?

    oh well, good for Travis he must be excited
    Hmmm... It does make you wonder why we couldn't have traded him for a 2nd rounder (prior to the deadline)... or just made a "we'll trade you this guy we're not going to use for that guy you're not going to use just to see how they might do with a change of scenery and to give the fans a little something different".
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://my.nba.com/cms/111768/birthda...sion_for_jones




    Apparently we couldnt trade him for even a future pick?

    oh well, good for Travis he must be excited
    It's hard to trade pocket lint and expect to get anything back.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,617

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to trade pocket lint and expect to get anything back.
    lol

    Good one but

    I think Diener can be every bit as good in that offense as Blake was. Possibly even better

    Blake is a better defender , but Travis can really stick the 3 and doesnt turn the ball over

    In fact, if not for his defense, I would say he is the best PG we have had since JT was a "normal" player
    Sittin on top of the world!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  9. #31

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do I think you really want Soloman Jones to do to JOB what Spree did to PJ? No I don't think that is what you want. I guess the point I was trying to make is why post what you did, not very funny IMO.

    I guess more than anything what bothers me is the total disrespect so many of you show towards Jim O'Brien. Calling him a bozo, stupid, idiot, and many other names which I think is inappropriate.

    But then again i am one that gets offended when fans yell things at players, coaches, refs yes even refs and opposing players. I think doing anything more than booing is inappropriate. What really does get me upset though is when I see a 10 or 12 year old sitting with his dad at a game yelling things at the refs and opposing players even if they are mild things and the dad is laughing - that bothers me

    if that means I take things too seriously - fine. Next time one of you has a serious problem with the way JOB coaches, I'll just shrug it off and say you are taking all this too seriously
    Do you yell at people for standing and small children for not paying attention to the game, too? Geez dude. You're preaching for others to chill out, but it sounds like you need to listen to your own advice.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  11. #32
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,823

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    BTW, just to back Seth up a little here I also heard that Deiner was an issue behind the scenes and not the happy go lucky person he appears to be.

    I am sure he and I heard this from the same person, so he is not just talking out of his @ss here.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  12. #33

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you yell at people for standing and small children for not paying attention to the game, too? Geez dude. You're preaching for others to chill out, but it sounds like you need to listen to your own advice.


    Uncle Buck, what do you say to this allegation?




    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    2014 Champs HeliumFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Branch,IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    369
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Wink Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by USF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Per Wells twitter:

    Pacers suspend Solomon Jones for a game for conduct detrimental to the team.

    http://twitter.com/Wells222


    I assume this means he tried to play.
    Pacers,baby!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to HeliumFear For This Useful Post:


  16. #35

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, just to back Seth up a little here I also heard that Deiner was an issue behind the scenes and not the happy go lucky person he appears to be.

    I am sure he and I heard this from the same person, so he is not just talking out of his @ss here.

    A Anthony Johnson 2.0?

    This could be what happens when you tell people that they'll get playing time if they come here only to sit them on the bench for 2/3 years.

    Where's Eddie Gill when you need him?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  18. #36

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is really making bricks without straw.
    You know that bricks are no longer made with straw right?
    How old are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is more likely he was waived today so if another team wanted him and could play him they'd be able to do so in the playoffs. Oh, wait, that can't possibly be true, it would mean they did something nice for a player and we know they don't ever do that.
    I personally hope you are right.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-01-2010 at 07:01 PM.

  19. #37
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,987

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you yell at people for standing and small children for not paying attention to the game, too? Geez dude. You're preaching for others to chill out, but it sounds like you need to listen to your own advice.
    No, I never yell at people. Where are you getting the idea that I would yell at a mother and her child. I'm confused

    Not sure what you are suggesting. I'm very chill.

  20. #38

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I never yell at people. Where are you getting the idea that I would yell at a mother and her child. I'm confused

    Not sure what you are suggesting. I'm very chill.
    Stop yelling. I can't understand anything you're saying
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  22. #39
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Solo doesn't look to comfortable shooting FGs away from the paint.

  23. #40

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    I think people have to earn respect, they don't automatically get it from a title.

    And I also call a spade a spade. If JOB is acting like a moron, I'll say he's acting like a moron.

    But I think you can respect the title. For example, many respect the title of President of the United States, while not respecting George Bush.

    I think our Players don't respect JOB, but do respect the title of coach. Solo included. I doubt he'd say something.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-01-2010 at 07:54 PM.

  24. #41

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know that bricks are no longer made with straw right?

    You know he's alluding to a time-honored passage of literature, don't you?





    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  25. #42
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,584
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know he's alluding to a time-honored passage of literature, don't you?





    .
    Doesn't the title of that book also refer to what happened to our casual fan base in recent years?

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  27. #43
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,504

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Three Little Pigs!!!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  28. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have things gotten this bad, that news like this comes out and it is immediately assumed or hoped it is the coaches fault.

    And really you want a player to strangle and try to kill/injure Jim O'Brien - really?
    I don't want him to kill JOB, I want him just shake him a bit.............
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-01-2010 at 09:03 PM.

  29. #45
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have things gotten this bad, that news like this comes out and it is immediately assumed or hoped it is the coaches fault.

    And really you want a player to strangle and try to kill/injure Jim O'Brien - really?
    Well, if game performance is any indication, Jim's neck would have a good chance of escaping his grasp, since Solo bobbles everything that comes his way.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:


  31. #46
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    509
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    But I think you can respect the title. For example, many respect the title of President of the United States, while not respecting George Bush.

    Sookie, that forum is no longer active on this board.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  32. #47
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,605
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I never yell at people. Where are you getting the idea that I would yell at a mother and her child. I'm confused

    Not sure what you are suggesting. I'm very chill.
    Sense of humor meet Unclebuck, Unklebuck meet sense of humor...........
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  34. #48

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewtone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sookie, that forum is no longer active on this board.
    What? It was just an analogy, not an attempt at a political argument. :P

  35. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol

    Good one but

    I think Diener can be every bit as good in that offense as Blake was. Possibly even better

    Blake is a better defender , but Travis can really stick the 3 and doesnt turn the ball over

    In fact, if not for his defense, I would say he is the best PG we have had since JT was a "normal" player
    Blake is bigger and if anything, shown to be more durable.

    Diener is a scrappy guy who plays a pretty good pace, but he has hard time staying healthy just being a practice player.

  36. #50
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

    Does this mean AJ Price sees more minutes? Eh?
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Similar Threads

  1. PD NBA Draft - Selection #3 - Minnesota
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 04:09 PM
  2. Top Draft Prospects
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
  3. More funny stuff from Paul Shirley
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 03:55 PM
  4. Montieth's Q&A worth reading
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 11:13 AM
  5. Freddie Jones making his mark, article out of Oregon
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •