Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

Default Re: Solomon Jones suspended for one game... (update post #17)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this mean AJ Price sees more minutes? Eh?

look, I don't think JOB is a good coach, or even a decent one.

But I very much doubt he plays AJ at center. As tempting as it is, I'm sure.

I'm sure he was late to practice or something, but otherwise it must've been pretty bad for him to get suspended.

Look at all the crap the players get away with on the floor as a good example (in most cases, except Roy). Think about how long it took JOB to put the brakes on Tinsley in that Phoenix game (whoops, never). Or TJ's crappy play last year (actually it was stopped by Jarrett Jack interjecting). I think he generally shows little discipline.

I'm really getting tired of people complaining when someone bash's JO'B. I feel as though we have a better team than last year and the record does not show it. In fact we are 15-20 games worse. If I want to bash JO'B I will do it. As for Solo getting suspended, my guess would be he asked to be waved in front of the whole team. As for JO'B my guess is he is still coaching because the Pacers are broke and can't afford to pay someone else due to no one showing up because we are 20 games below .500. As for TD (who ran the offense quite well at times last year) he's headed to Milwaukee.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    I feel as though we have a better team than last year and the record does not show it. In fact we are 15-20 games worse. If I want to bash JO'B I will do it. As for Solo getting suspended, my guess would be he asked to be waved in front of the whole team. As for JO'B my guess is he is still coaching because the Pacers are broke and can't afford to pay someone else due to no one showing up because we are 20 games below .500. As for TD (who ran the offense quite well at times last year) he's headed to Milwaukee.
    How is this a better team than last year? The Pacers lost their 2nd best 4th quarter player from last year and every single guy they replaced him with isn't as good. Granger compared to last year has been beat up and hurt. Foster has been a reliable stalwart in the frontcourt for a long time, but this year he's barely been able to play.

JOB is still coaching this team because Bird and the Pacers chose to pick up his 4th year option. I'm sure finances come into play when deciding who the coach is going to be next year, but bottom line is it's who Bird hired him, given him multiple votes of confidence and picked up the team option on him. If you want to blame anyone, blame Bird because he's the guy who has fully backed JOB.

Now if it was up to me, I would not have picked up that 4th year option. Whatever the case, Bird and the Pacers were obviously satisfied enough with his the job he did his first two years here, or obviously they wouldn't have made that move.
    Last edited by d_c; 03-02-2010 at 04:07 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As for TD (who ran the offense quite well at times last year) he's headed to Milwaukee.
    He's going to Portland.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Three Little Pigs!!!
    Well I'm offended.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

As for Solo getting suspended, my guess would be he asked to be waved in front of the whole team.
    Clever theory.

"Travis got waived? What about me, man!"

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post

JOB is still coaching this team because Bird and the Pacers chose to pick up his 4th year option. I'm sure finances come into play when deciding who the coach is going to be next year, but bottom line is it's who Bird hired him, given him multiple votes of confidence and picked up the team option on him. If you want to blame anyone, blame Bird because he's the guy who has fully backed JOB.

Now if it was up to me, I would not have picked up that 4th year option. Whatever the case, Bird and the Pacers were obviously satisfied enough with his the job he did his first two years here, or obviously they wouldn't have made that move.

I can't imagine myself possibly blaming Bird! (All in green.)

The best way to guarantee another great lottery pick next year?
    Allowing Jimmy to coach the 010-011 season. If getting high lottery picks in this season and next is part of Larry legend's 3 year plan, he's right on course by letting Jimmy be the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

look, I don't think JOB is a good coach, or even a decent one.

But I very much doubt he plays AJ at center. As tempting as it is, I'm sure.
    Well at least you got that I was joking. Still, it would be nice if AJ got minutes.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

According to Bruno, Luther Head is away from the team for personal reasons.

Maybe A.J. will get to see the floor tonight.

Edit: The scouting report for Pacers.com has this:
    "Reserve shooting guard Luther Head was in Chicago Monday for personal reasons and it's uncertain if he'll rejoin the team tonight."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://my.nba.com/cms/Indiana%20Pace...In%20The%20Web

Practice didn't last all that long Monday, because there were only 10 healthy players available.

Travis Diener was waived on his 28th birthday, reportedly as a favor by the Pacers so he could sign with the Portland Trail Blazers.

Solomon Jones was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team," said Coach Jim O'Brien.

Luther Head was away from the team for personal reasons.

Add the injured Tyler Hansbrough (inner ear infection) and Jeff Foster (back) to the list, and suddenly the Pacers were shorthanded as they prepared for a four-game Western Conference road trip that begins Tuesday in Los Angeles against the Lakers.

Diener had appeared in just four games with the Pacers this season. After battling a foot injury much of the year, he was healthy enough to play but was not able to carve a niche in the deep point guard rotation.

"He wanted another opportunity to play and our third point guard is A.J. Price," said team President Larry Bird. "He's been injured. He had a tough time with that toe but he's over that now and he feels like he wants an opportunity to play in the playoffs."

Bird said he'd consider filling the open roster spot.

"I'm not sure, but we'll take a look at it," Bird said. "There'll be some guys that are cut and some guys out there we might like. Obviously, the coach has to be involved. We don't have a lot of games left, or a lot of practice time for this year but this could be an opportunity to take a look at somebody we might think about for next year."

There was no word on what prompted Jones' suspension. O'Brien said only that he would rejoin the Pacers for Wednesday's game in Portland – when they just might see Diener again.

With Steve Blake traded to the Clippers (with Travis Outlaw) for Marcus Camby, Portland had both a roster opening and the need for another point guard and 3-point shooting threat. In order for Diener to be eligible for Portland's playoff roster, he had to sign before today's deadline.

O'Brien said he wasn't sure when Head would rejoin the team.

"I'm going to talk to him again tonight," said the coach. "He had to do something up in Chicago."

Hansbrough out for the season?

O'Brien took the opportunity of his weekly show on 1070 The Fan to reveal he does not believe Tyler Hansbrough will play again this season.

"I'm not sure we're going to have Tyler back this year," O'Brien told host Kevin Lee. "His difficulties might last throughout this year. If he got better in three weeks, he would have to recondition and I don't know if it would be in his best interest to make a showing.

"It's been a very, very difficult year for the young man and something we thought was minor turned into a lot more complicated issue."

Hansbrough has missed 19 straight games and 26 of 30 with an inner ear infection, and has not been able to do any on-court activity for several weeks.
    Last edited by BPump33; 03-02-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: I might be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by USF View Post
    According to Bruno, Luther Head is away from the team for personal reasons.

Maybe A.J. will get to see the floor tonight.
    Oh yay..at shooting guard...

Does that mean he gets to guard Kobe or Artest?

Well, now we know what happened a bit.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...as_not_an.html

"To say Solomon Jones is in O'Brien's doghouse would be an understatement.
    Jones returned from his one-game suspension, which centered around his displeasure over being fined for missing a lifting session, but he was the only Pacer not to play in the blowout."