Thread: USA vs Canada - gold medal game

Default USA vs Canada - gold medal game

USA just tied the game at 2-2 with 26 seconds left to send it to overtime.

USA USA USA!! Down with Canadia!! This is turning into one of the all time great games. Pulling this win out in front of all those Canadians would be so awesome.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: USA vs Canada - gold medal game

Sydney Crosby has a very kickable face, and I would take great joy in kicking him square in the eyes. That might be the greatest sporting event I've ever watched, but seriously, screw Canada.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sydney Crosby has a very kickable face, and I would take great joy in kicking him square in the eyes.
    With a skate on - right ??

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The outcome sucked for the good guys, but boy was that a great game. You couldn't have asked for anything more out of Team USA. They gave themselves a chance to win against one of the greatest hockey teams ever assembled. Pulling their goalie and tying it with an empty net to force OT the way they did, even my three year old knew that was awesome. Canada just has an absolute embarrassment of riches when it comes to great hockey players. They could have put together another team with another 23 players and that team could have also won gold. That's how good they are, and the US almost pulled it off.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched every USA hockey game during the olympics, and I love that team. They just battled and battled all tournament long and were so close to a huge upset for the gold. They should be extremely proud of themselves!
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

sweabs

a
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-07-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it is comments like this that put Canada's "Own The Podium" initiative (spending millions of dollars - but shhhhh...don't tell the Americans) to shame.

Glad to see that people can still see the beauty in sport outside of winning.
    I heard about all of this and it really doesn't bother me. I would expect every host nation to do their best to put on a good show, not only for the rest of the world, but for their own countrymen as well. I think Russia probably has a similar plan for 2014, and I don't think it was a coincidence that China's summer team dominated certain events in the games they hosted. I thought Canada did a super job of hosting, and it doesn't bother me at all that they wanted to be on the podium as much as possible for it. And when it comes right down to it, we all know they got the only gold they really cared about. If they had not won a single other medal most Canadians would have still called this a success as long as they got the Hockey gold.
    Last edited by travmil; 03-01-2010 at 11:27 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

N8R

I didn't watch it and while sure, I wanted USA to win - honestly it means more to the Canadians than it does to us, so I'm happy for them especially since they are the home country

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have to disagree. They were expected to win. Winning what you're expected too doesn't mean as much as when someone wins that didn't have those expectations.

It would have meant much more to the US hockey program, than it did to the Canadians.

It means a hell of a lot more to the Canadian people, because the percentage that cares is considerably bigger than those who care in the US.

I wish I would have seen more of the Olympics. I enjoy watching those types of sports on TV more than most yearly sports because they are people I barely know just fighting for the win. I love the Olympics and the fact that Canada won 14 Gold medals is just insane. Apparently it is the most Gold medals won by one country at any one winter Olympics, so that is pretty sweet.

I am not a hockey guy but I agree that if we won no other medals but that gold we would have been proud. I said that before the Olympics even started.

GO CANADA!!!!

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

I'm a huge hockey fan and I firmly believe that there is more talent in the USA Hockey system than has ever been there before.

Also, I think North Americans are playing the best hockey in the world. Hopefully this continues on in the World Championships.