Thread: Robbie Hummel tears ACL out for season

Default Robbie Hummel tears ACL out for season

Well we're screwed of course I wasn't expecting Purdue to make a run in the tournament either but this seals it.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/355898...ge_basketball/

Banned

Default Re: Robbie Hummel tears ACL out for season

I can't even explain how depressing it has been on campus today. My roommate and I went to B Dubs for the game last night, and it was amazing how quiet that place got when Hummel went down. It was like the whole place just knew that our chance at something great died when his knee gave out. I love our team this year, I love our coach, but no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise, I just can't see anyway that we can make it to Lucas Oil without #4.

It's my last year on campus, but I'm hoping that if things don't work out this year, as I expect, that it will help JJ decide to stick around for his last year with a hopefully healthy Hummel and Moore.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really sucks for Purdue fans, and really the Big Ten as a whole as it hurts the conference's ability to perform in March, that being said, Hummel to me either has really, really bad luck or he has a bit of a problem with injuries.

It's been a bad year for big name players in the Big Ten, I don't think any other conference has had to deal with this much happening to their top players.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but feel bad for Purdue fans nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by WetBob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't even explain how depressing it has been on campus today. My roommate and I went to B Dubs for the game last night, and it was amazing how quiet that place got when Hummel went down. It was like the whole place just knew that our chance at something great died when his knee gave out. I love our team this year, I love our coach, but no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise, I just can't see anyway that we can make it to Lucas Oil without #4.

It's my last year on campus, but I'm hoping that if things don't work out this year, as I expect, that it will help JJ decide to stick around for his last year with a hopefully healthy Hummel and Moore.

Okay I haven't been to Purdue since I was there what's "B Dubs" I'm sure its a place I've heard about but am clueless about the nickname.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

B-Dubs is Buffalo Wild Wings (formerly known as BW3's - they dropped the weck.)

I was extremely bummed out too, but life goes on. This is Kramer and Grant's last go-round and I doubt if they're going to just pack it in because Robbie's not playing.

It's hard to overstate Robbie's worth to the team. He seems to have a hand in everything , but one area where he'll really be missed is rebounding. At least once a game he gets one of those offensive rebounds where he gets in the lane and taps the ball out to one of the Boilers on the perimeter. He just has a nose for the ball.

Everybody has to step up their play. Hopefully, Keaton will maintain his stellar play of late, as he likely to get the bulk of Robbie's minutes. Jackson should be ready to take over the minutes at guard that Keaton would normally play. Frontcourt depth, as always (Travis Carroll and Donnie Hale can't get here soon enough,) is a problem. Bade is a rebounding machine (I think he has the highest rebounds per minute average of anybody on the team) but he's also a fouling machine, and his footwork on defense leaves much to be desired. Painter is already on record as saying Marcius will redshirt this year, and I seriously doubt that will change. E'Twuan and JJ are solid, but will need to take it a level higher. Kramer needs to remain Kramer.

Do I think Purdue will make the Final Four? No. Have I given up hope? No.

Okay that I remember actually although I have never eaten there.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel really bad for Hummel, Purdue and the Fans. They looked like a legit final 4 contender.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Purdue caught a lot of breaks and should have a bigger lead at halftime against Michigan State. E'Twuan seems to be really pressing, hope he can just play his game in the 2nd half. I'm surprised Bade doesn't have more fouls. He's giving them valuable minutes, but I sure wish he could hit a frickin' shot.

Was it Delvin Roe that missed a dunk for Michigan State, Hung on the rim afterwards, and then pulled himself up and dunked the rebound while still hanging onto the rim? He seems surprised that it wasn't going to count. I don't believe I've ever seen anybody try that before, at least in an officiated game.