Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 126

Thread: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

  1. #26

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The putting of Rush in a trade says:

    A) Bird missed judged Rush's talent when he went for a "NBA ready" pick.

    B) TPTB have come to the conclusion Rush is never going to be the starting SG they wanted for the future.

    E) It shows another failed pick by Bird. Lets hope Tyler isn't ANOTHER one.

    How do you figure any of this?

    Including a player in a trade -- especially having him on a short side of a 2-for-3 deal -- suggests his value is recognized by both his own team and the other one.


    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    I spite of how well Brandon's done lately, plus being a very good defender, for the balance of the year he was a shooting guard that didn't shoot. Hopefully, he can use this as some motivation to prove that he belongs instead of going back into the shell...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  4. #28

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    I really get tired of comments like this.... How naive do you have to be.
    "I was definitely more shocked than anything," Rush said. "I didn't see it coming. Nobody told me anything about being on the trade block. It was more of a shock."
    To me this trade was all about Fords contract than Rush's inability to play for the Pacers.

  5. #29
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    I'm glad this trade did not go down. I would be very disappointed with the direction of the franchise if we got rid of a promising player like Rush just to save some money.

    Rush will be gone, eventually. It will be kind of a shame because I am a fan of Brandon, but I won't judge until I see what we get back.

    DJ Augustin is a career backup, undersized PG. Gerald Henderson doesn't even look big enough to be an NBA player. People love to crow about how these guys are "prospects" but they're lipstick on a pig when it comes to the attractiveness of this trade.
    Last edited by idioteque; 02-20-2010 at 02:09 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    I don't see how this could be a shock for anyone. TPTB have been sending out signals on this for the past month.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #31
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    I was more shocked that Rush was included in a deal than us actually discussing a deal in the first place.

    I hope we keep him here for mores years to come. He's probably the best shooter we have right now.

  9. #32

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how this could be a shock for anyone. TPTB have been sending out signals on this for the past month.
    Yup, particularly when LB came out and said, point blank, only Roy, AJ, Hans, and Granger were off the table for discussion.

  10. #33
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Personally, I'm glad that Rush wasn't traded. The potential is there...wrong coach to bring it out. Why? Because our current coach values offensive production WAY MORE THAN DEFENSIVE PRODUCTION. As a side note, has JOB ever went to a press conference and discussed our team's defensive effort being good although our offense was lacking or does he always focus on the offense being poor? That's a real honest to God question. NBALP doesn't show postgame shows.

  11. #34

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you figure any of this?

    Including a player in a trade -- especially having him on a short side of a 2-for-3 deal -- suggests his value is recognized by both his own team and the other one.

    I guess that's one way of looking at it. Or another way to look at it is "If Rush is SO valuable, why was TPTB trading Rush in the 1st place?" Why trade one of your "supposed" core players of the future for Augustin & Henderson? If Rush is as valuable as you propose, the return for Rush should have been much greater than 2 small seldom used players. My feelings is TPTB are tired of Rush's inconsistancy and his fragile personality, especially with Jimmy coaching the rest of this year and most likely all of next. JMOAA

    You look at it your way, and I'll look at it mine. I have never asked anyone to agree with my opinions nor do I try to change their opinions. I just post how I feel and what I believe. AND I don't PM people when I'm wrong. I have no problem posting it for all to see when I'm wrong. Nor am I too proud to openly admit I was wrong.

  12. #35
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, particularly when LB came out and said, point blank, only Roy, AJ, Hans, and Granger were off the table for discussion.
    Really? He said Hans?

    That's just depressing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #36

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how this could be a shock for anyone. TPTB have been sending out signals on this for the past month.

    Dad use to say b4 working a mule you needed to hit it up side the head to get its attention, and by noon you had to refresh it's memory. Some just refuse to see the hand writing on the wall until the wall collapses on them.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 02-20-2010 at 04:07 PM.

  14. #37
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Isn't it about that time of season that Brandon plays really well and we get excited about next year?

  15. #38

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, particularly when LB came out and said, point blank, only Roy, AJ, Hans, and Granger were off the table for discussion.

    For those Rush fans, I didn't notice Rush's name included. Just pointing out my observation.

  16. #39
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dad use to say b4 working a mule you needed to hit it up side the head to get its attention, and by noon you had to refresh it's memory. Some just refuse to see the hand writing on the wall until the wall collapses on them.
    It's interesting you say that.

    I was thinking the other day that when Tyler comes back, he needs to punch Brandon in the face before every game.

    This would accomplish two things:

    1. It would wake Brandon up and light a fire in him.

    2. It would allow Tyler to take some aggression out, calm down, and probably play a better game.


  17. #40
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess that's one way of looking at it. Or another way to look at it is "If Rush is SO valuable, why was TPTB trading Rush in the 1st place?" Why trade one of your "supposed" core players of the future for Augustin & Henderson? If Rush is as valuable as you propose, the return for Rush should have been much greater than 2 small seldom used players. My feelings is TPTB are tired of Rush's inconsistancy and his fragile personality, especially with Jimmy coaching the rest of this year and most likely all of next. JMOAA

    You look at it your way, and I'll look at it mine. I have never asked anyone to agree with my opinions nor do I try to change their opinions. I just post how I feel and what I believe. AND I don't PM people when I'm wrong. I have no problem posting it for all to see when I'm wrong. Nor am I too proud to openly admit I was wrong.
    Why do you insist in classifying Rush by either "He's sucks" or "He's untouchable"? Isn't it possible that he's somewhere in between, and we felt we were getting equal value back in Augustine and Henderson, or perhaps greater value than that (on suspicion that they were in Larry Brown's dog house)?

    What does it have to be either ink black or light white?

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  19. #41
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be very disappointed with the direction of the franchise if we got rid of a promising player like Rush just to save some money.
    Well you're going to be very disappointed starting this summer as we'll be giving away assets to claw beneath the 2011 LT threshold. Use the trades the Jazz have made this year as a guide (Harpring/Maynor for a dude in the German league that'll never see the NBA and trading their starting SG for a protected future draft pick).

  20. #42
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, particularly when LB came out and said, point blank, only Roy, AJ, Hans, and Granger were off the table for discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? He said Hans?
    The only reason Tyler wasn't on the table because he kept falling off of it.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  22. #43

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? He said Hans?

    That's just depressing.
    He wouldn't trade Hans yet. Hans is someone the fanbase is excited for, and we don't know what he brings and what his value is yet.

  23. #44

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    This Rush trade talk has me seriously worried about the competence of our front office and, of course, our coach from what he has said in the past.

    Brandon is probably the smartest player on the team as well as the best defender by far. Probably our best pure shooter and he plays within the flow of the game not forcing things (aka passive). I am going to be seriously pissed off if they trade him. He is a glue guy that all teams need.

  24. #45
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be very disappointed with the direction of the franchise if we got rid of a promising player like Rush just to save some money.
    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well you're going to be very disappointed starting this summer as we'll be giving away assets to claw beneath the 2011 LT threshold. Use the trades the Jazz have made this year as a guide (Harpring/Maynor for a dude in the German league that'll never see the NBA and trading their starting SG for a protected future draft pick).
    Well, this deal was not a cash saving move. In fact, our salary would have gone up by almost $1mm next season, and it would have added $2.5mm the sacrosanct 2012 payroll.

    I'll adjust - it does help in that we'd have three roster spots filled by Augustin, Henderson, and Mohammed instead of by Ford, Rush, minimum level player.

    I think the that both Augustin and Henderson are at least equal, if not better prospects than Rush. That's not to say any of them are spectacular.

    I like the idea of having Nazr's slightly smaller contract as a trading chip a little more than TJ's, because I could see somebody looking for a big more than I can see them looking for TJ, but that's pretty minor.

    I also like the idea of seeing Augustin and Price being the PG's next year. Neither is likely to be the answer, but at least we'd be paying the two of them combined less to not be the answer than we were paying Tinsley or Ford.

    True, it was more "something different" than "something better," but, it is what it is.

  25. #46

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does it have to be either ink black or light white?
    Well, if you were discussing this with Bird, the choice would be simple.













    I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sort of maybe.

  26. #47
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This Rush trade talk has me seriously worried about the competence of our front office and, of course, our coach from what he has said in the past.

    Brandon is probably the smartest player on the team as well as the best defender by far. Probably our best pure shooter and he plays within the flow of the game not forcing things (aka passive). I am going to be seriously pissed off if they trade him. He is a glue guy that all teams need.
    While I agree with you completely, other people may see it differently. He may be seen as a trade chip to bring in better and more established players. Serviceable shooting guards are a dime a dozen. We have alot of role player shooting guards, and we need a better one. Brandon looks like he won't get too much better than he is now, so we should deal him to a contender and get some expiring contracts, prospects, and picks in return. He'd fit well in Cleveland so lets send him and Murphy there for Mo Williams (I don't know).

    But I wouldn't have a problem if we deal him for a very good player. You've got to give something up to get something.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  27. #48

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I agree with you completely, other people may see it differently. He may be seen as a trade chip to bring in better and more established players. Serviceable shooting guards are a dime a dozen. We have alot of role player shooting guards, and we need a better one. Brandon looks like he won't get too much better than he is now, so we should deal him to a contender and get some expiring contracts, prospects, and picks in return. He'd fit well in Cleveland so lets send him and Murphy there for Mo Williams (I don't know).

    But I wouldn't have a problem if we deal him for a very good player. You've got to give something up to get something.
    I think Brandon is so underrated here. I think he is much more than just a serviceable SG.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  29. #49
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Brandon is so underrated here. I think he is much more than just a serviceable SG.
    Agreed.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  30. #50
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well's> Ford, Rush taken aback by Pacers' trade talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (and I was a guy happy about the upgrade from Rush to Henderson even)

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  2. Conrad Brunner's blog
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
  3. Raptors Call O'Neal Trade \"Speculation\"
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
  5. ESPN Trade talk: Ten teams to watch.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •