Thread: Fever re-signs post duo of Moore and Davenport

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Fever re-signs post duo of Moore and Davenport

I'm hoping this means we're going to dial Sutton-Brown's minutes down a bit in favor of Moore and Davenport. S-B killed us around the basket against Phoenix, in fact I think the only thing that maybe hurt us more was Katie's woeful shooting (not counting our inability to stop Penny Taylor!).

Moore was good when Sutton-Brown went down during the regular season and Davenport shot 62% in the Finals. I'd like to see more of them both.

http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/fever...uo_100219.html

Indiana Fever post players Jessica Moore and Jessica Davenport have re-signed contracts to play with the Fever during the 2010 season. Moore and Davenport both signed with the Fever as free agents at the start of the 2009 regular season and both played instrumental roles in guiding Indiana within one win of the WNBA championship last fall. "Moore and Davenport were integral to our success last season, and our goal going into 2010 was to keep our post rotation intact," said Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Kelly Krauskopf. "They gained valuable experience throughout the regular season and playoffs. I expect them to be big contributors again."

Moore, a veteran contributor and former two-year starter with the Los Angeles Sparks, was first signed by the Fever three games into the 2009 campaign. A restricted free agent after the season, she played one of the club's most durable and valuable reserve roles while averaging 4.8 points and 3.1 rebounds per game overall. She started eight games during August in place of injured starter Tammy Sutton-Brown and helped Indiana to a 6-2 record during that stretch. She appeared in all 31 regular season games with the team, and in nine games as a starter averaged 9.0 points and 4.3 rebounds while shooting 63 percent from the floor. She scored a career-high 19 points during a road win at Phoenix, August 10, in her fourth game as a starter.
    A 6-3 center and three-time NCAA champion from the University of Connecticut, Moore is the WNBA's first and only player that hails from Alaska. She is preparing for her sixth WNBA season.

Davenport, the league's second overall draft pick in 2007, was signed by Indiana four games into the regular season last summer. She appeared in 26 regular season games and made her biggest impact during the WNBA Finals against Phoenix. After missing Game 1 of the Finals, Davenport played in four straight games and averaged 7.8 points, 1.5 rebounds and nearly two blocked shots per game. She shot 62 percent from the floor during the Finals, scoring 10 points as part of a Game 2 victory and pouring in a career high (regular season or playoffs) 18 points on 8-of-11 shooting in the decisive Game 5.

A 6-5 center and three-time Big Ten Conference Player of the Year from Ohio State, Davenport will begin her fourth WNBA season.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Default Re: Fever re-signs post duo of Moore and Davenport

Jessica Moore reminds me of Solomon Jones.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Great re-sign of both players. I'd like to see Moore play more at PF alongside Davenport. I think they'd play very well together. But having Daveport play alongside Catchings ... I think they'd make a formidable pair down low.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jessica Moore reminds me of Solomon Jones.
    I always liked Jess, just a picture of what you can do if you have a big work ethic, even if you don't have the most talent.

Jess was a huge reason Uconn won the national title her (redshirt) junior year. She tore her ACL during the National championship game. She didn't know it though, and came back into the game, and played an outstanding game.