Thread: Re: @NBARumorCentral Teams will be calling the Pacers starting in July./ESPN

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: @NBARumorCentral Teams will be calling the Pacers starting in July./ESPN

Darren Collison is averaging 20 & 8 since Chris Paul went down. According to Sham Sports they've got nearly $72M tied up in only 11 players next year. I could see a scenario in the offseason where Collison is used as incentive to get a team to take on Okafor's contract.

The big "what if" is if Collison keeps playing like a stud. If so, I've heard some people suggest New Orleans could move Chris Paul in the offseason. The Hornets are going nowhere, so it may be time to think about a rebuilding. If so, we could offer a great package centered around our pick and an assload of salary relief. Not many teams could offer a package that enticing, and it's perfect for a team looking to rebuild.

Chris Paul
    Emeka Okafor (salary dump)

for

Troy Murphy (expiring)
    T.J. Ford (expiring)
    2010 1st Round Pick (likely no lower than #5)
    2012 1st Round Pick

2010-2011 Pacers: Chris Paul - Brandon Rush - Danny Granger - Emeka Okafor - Roy Hibbert

A lot of wild speculation, I know, but I don't think it's completely unrealistic. If Collison continues to look great I could see New Orleans, realizing they're going nowhere in a hurry, entertaining offers for Paul and his iffy knee, and as I said, we could put up a pretty damn good one.
    Last edited by Lance George; 02-19-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Default Re: @NBARumorCentral Teams will be calling the Pacers starting in July./ESPN

Perhaps we could take Collison instead of Paul if Hornets won't bite.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been harping for years that signing Peja to that huge contract was crazy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Throw in other players if needed to make the $$ work. Don't get rid of the picks. Now, using them properly is another story, but you gotta keep the picks.

Honestly if I was the Pacers I wouldn't want to take on Okafor and his contract.

He is a pretty good big man but not worth the money. That trade would put the Pacers right back into a bad financial situation.

Paul would be nice. However lets say the Pacers are in a position to draft John Wall? What about Evan Turner? Do you take Turner and consider AJ Price a part of that "core group" and pencil him in as a starting caliber point guard in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Throw in other players if needed to make the $$ work. Don't get rid of the picks. Now, using them properly is another story, but you gotta keep the picks.
    Paul, if he recovers from injury and keeps playing the way he has so far in his career, is a hall of fame PG. I wouldn't hesitate for 1 second to give up the #1 pick in this draft for him.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

I'd rather keep the 2010 pick and see if we could get Turner and instead trade the 2011 pick. If we manage to get Turner and do this trade, we'll be a top 5 team in the East

CP3/Price
    Turner/D Jones
    Granger/Rush
    Okafor/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/S Jones
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

The Hornets aren't trading CP3. They might trade Collison, if you like his potential significantly more than AJ Price who comes at a much lower cost to us.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hornets aren't trading CP3. They might trade Collison, if you like his potential significantly more than AJ Price who comes at a much lower cost to us.
    Now that I come to think about it, there is no way the Hornets are going to trade arguably the best PG (currently) in the game for cap space and picks. They are going to want an All Star in return
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

CP3 and Okafor for Murphy and Dunleavy?

That's even worse a steal than the Pau Gasol and Jamison trades.