Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade-talk roundup

Default Re: Trade-talk roundup

Murphy really could have helped a team. I'm sure noone wanted to give up much though, but that is their loss. Shaq/Amare failed once it will fail again...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [B]

The Timberwolves also inquired about a possible Darko Milicic-for-Brian Cardinal deal. The Knicks might be inclined to pull the trigger (it could save them some cash this year) depending on what happens with the Rockets and Celtics.

Minnie has nothing to lose doing this trade. Kahn should jump all over it if for no other reason than Darko is a better bigger big who can play the 4 & 5. He'd be a 30 game rental b4 going back to Europe. Cardinal is indebted to West forever giving him that contract. Cardinal will be extremely lucky to make a NBA team next year, period.

streets ahead

In case anyone still cares...

Bucks trade chatter rampant. Salmons, murphy on radar.
    42 minutes ago from txt

http://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Salmons was just dealt to the Bucks for Thomas and Elson. Even with that trade, they still don't have a need for another big.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Bucks trade chatter rampant. Salmons, murphy on radar.
    42 minutes ago from txt

http://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/
    Apparently, he's in a sleigh with 8 tiny reindeer...but they've got the mobile SAMs deployed.

Banned

the Bucks deal leave the door open for the pacers to trade Murphy, because they traded away two big guys I think

chadfordinsider Bad day for "trade rumors never = trades" curmudgeons. We still have Amare, T-Mac, Hinrich, Murphy out there. Could be more fun tomorrow

Banned

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=4922618
    Sources: Bulls trade Salmons

The Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks have agreed to a deal in principle that will send John Salmons to the Bucks for the expiring contracts of Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson, sources said on Wednesday.

The deal allows the Bulls to clear Salmons $5.8 million salary off the books for next season. That puts them roughly $20 million under the cap next summer as the Bulls make a push to sign free agents like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

The deal gives the Bucks a shooting guard to replace the injured Michael Redd.

The Bulls held Salmons out of Wednesday's game at New York in anticipation of a trade.

ESPNChicago.com has learned that Salmons remained at the team's hotel and did not even accompany the Bulls to the arena.

The trade will not be announced until Thursday, and a source told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan there was a chance the deal would be expanded by the time it is finalized. But no matter what, the end result for Salmons will be a spot in the Bucks' starting backcourt alongside Brandon Jennings.

The Bulls had been trying to force teams interested in Tyrus Thomas to include Salmons in the deal. They had also wanted to include him as part of a package for Houston's Tracy McGrady.

Bulls guard Derrick Rose was unaware of a potential trade before the Knicks game.

"Man, that's crazy thinking about John leaving," Rose said. "He just came here [in a trade with the Kings on Feb. 18, 2009]. But, it's the NBA. If he does get traded we'll definitely miss him, but [the season] must continue."

Rose said trades could affect the focus of a team, but he understands the nature of the business.

"It hurts your team a little bit," he said. "Like when you have a game right after [a trade]. But that's just how the NBA goes.

"People are going to be on your team, the next thing you look up and they could be gone. We'll definitely miss him if he does get traded, but it didn't go through yet, so he's still a part of this team."

Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro said it's tough telling a player not to get on a bus to go to a game.

"It's never easy," he said. "It's never fun. We're dealing with good character people.

"It's part of the business. You just have to deal with it, and move forward."

Del Negro said he wasn't at liberty to discuss the possibility of the Bulls acquiring McGrady.

"There's a lot of speculation out there," he said. "There's a lot of things that as an organization we're working on.

"My focus is on the game, and then I'll talk to [general manager Gar Forman and team president John Paxson] after the game and see where everything's at."

Del Negro doesn't anticipate any potential trades interfering with his team's concentration.

"I think if you've been in the league a while you understand the business part of it," he said. "It just comes with being a pro player. You just hope it works out for everybody [on] both sides. We want to keep our flexibility moving forward and add some if we can.

"Whatever happens is going to happen if it makes sense for both sides. I think players understand that. We have some younger players, but, overall we have good character guys like I've said. They know what their job is tonight. My job is to hopefully get them going early and get them in the game and get them involved."

Sports Logo

This would leave Ridnour ( $6.5 mil ), Joe Alexander ( $2.58 mil ), Warrick ( $3 mil ) left for the Bucks Expiring Contracts.

Ridnour+Warrick for Murphy+McRoberts still works
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This would leave Ridnour ( $6.5 mil ), Joe Alexander ( $2.58 mil ), Warrick ( $3 mil ) left for the Bucks Expiring Contracts.

Ridnour+Warrick for Murphy+McRoberts still works
    I think is possible, now they need a big guy if they want to make it to the playoffs

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I think is possible, now they need a big guy if they want to make it to the playoffs
    If it were me....I'd look to swing Ridnour's expiring Contract for some assets.

Or, at the very least....see if i can swing something for Watson+Diener.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

If it were me....I'd look to swing Ridnour's expiring Contract for some assets.

Or, at the very least....see if i can swing something for Watson+Diener.
    I think they are doing something else, they want to go to the playoffs bad and don't care about next year cap space(they got Salmons two years contract)

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I think they are doing something else, they want to go to the playoffs bad and don't care about next year cap space(they got Salmons two years contract)
    Maybe you misunderstood me.....I was suggesting that if we move Murphy+Diener to the Bucks for Ridnour+Warrick....that we try to do a subsequent deal to send Ridnour's contract to some other Team for some other useable assets.

Maybe you misunderstood me.....I was suggesting that if we move Murphy+Diener to the Bucks for Ridnour+Warrick....that we try to do a subsequent deal to send Ridnour's contract to some other Team for some other useable assets.

Not enough time for Bird to ponder on a trade then only to come up empty handed.

Not sure what the Bucks would do or offer, but I would do the deal without Illyasova.

I'd take Ridnour, Warrick and Alexander and be just fine with that.

Ridnour would be our best PG instantly. Warrick could play the 4 and could actually start the 4 the rest of the season, and many think Alexander is a bust, so you can give him some time just to make sure. If not, they all expire at the end of the season anyways.

You could toss them the home town boy Diener to give them a PG in return.

Bird could even move Watson then if he wanted to for another asset.

Last I heard though the Bucks were wanting to send us Charlie Bell. I wonder who was offered with him.

Still don't expect anything to get done, but the Bucks did get smoked tonight at home against the Rockets so maybe they're a little more desperate... hopefully

I don't see Larry pulling the trigger on just Ridnour & Warrick for Murphy (and whomever). They're just back-up expirings, and Larry may have been able to get that with Z (without Hickson).

If we're going to scheme for 16 more hours, let's let Milwaukee feel as though we're helping them make the playoffs ... and offer them Murphy & Watson for Ridnour, Warrick and their #1.

Seth might send me copies of his pro prospect tapes if this happens.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd rather just hold onto Murphy than deal him for the Bucks package of mediocre talent. He'll probably have a lot more value at next year's deadline, I mean not many teams will have a double-double 10 million expiring big man.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The trade will not be announced until Thursday, and a source told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan there was a chance the deal would be expanded by the time it is finalized. But no matter what, the end result for Salmons will be a spot in the Bucks' starting backcourt alongside Brandon Jennings.
    The Bulls had been trying to force teams interested in Tyrus Thomas to include Salmons in the deal.
    One could only hope it could "expand" to this:

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Incoming Players
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luke Ridnour
    Charlie Bell
    Joe Alexander
    Ersan Ilyasova

Outgoing Players
    Troy Murphy
    Earl Watson
    Travis Diener
    Luther Head

Chicago Trade Breakdown
    Incoming Players
    Earl Watson
    Luther Head
    Kurt Thomas

Outgoing Players
    John Salmons
    Tyrus Thomas

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown
    Incoming Players
    Troy Murphy
    Travis Diener
    John Salmons

Outgoing Players
    Luke Ridnour
    Kurt Thomas
    Charlie Bell
    Joe Alexander
    Ersan Ilyasova

While we do take on salery post-'11, but we get 3 young players - 2 on a 29-game trial, + cap space we want/need.
    Chi no longer needs TT, & w/ KH playing more SG, Watson fills a need.
    Mil gets Murph & rids themselves of Bell for the cost of Ilyasova.

Just a thought/ hope...
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    I don't see Larry pulling the trigger on just Ridnour & Warrick for Murphy (and whomever). They're just back-up expirings, and Larry may have been able to get that with Z (without Hickson).

If we're going to scheme for 16 more hours, let's let Milwaukee feel as though we're helping them make the playoffs ... and offer them Murphy & Watson for Ridnour, Warrick and their #1.

Seth might send me copies of his pro prospect tapes if this happens.
    It's cute that you think that Murphy's value is still worth a 1st round pick....I'm beginning to wonder if we ever got any real offer beyond Expiring contracts for Murphy and that all we ever got were garbage long-term contracts.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still holding out hope that we can land Ilyasova. I'm an idiot, I know.

Apparently I missed quite a bit of Murphy to the Bucks rumors today. Guess we'll know something by 3PM ET!

Warning. Long article or 2

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nba/2010/02/...wo-days-this-m

The most talked about potential deal for Milwaukee has been the possible acquisition of Troy Murphy. Murphy is a slick shooting, rebounding, “stretch” four who seems to be a logical answer to the question, who can help the Bucks become more efficient on offense and do a better job on the boards? Murphy slides Luc Richard Mbah a Moute back down to the three, his most natural position in my opinion, and gives the Bucks a burly looking front-court. But at what price?

Talks have centered around expiring Buck contracts. Murphy’s contract calls for $11,047,619 this season and $11,968,253 next season. So, the Bucks could toss the combined $12 million in expiring contracts of Kurt Thomas, Luke Ridnour and Francisco Elson at the Pacers and make the numbers work. But from a pure talent standpoint, that would be crazy for the Pacers to accept. So they wouldn’t take something like that, especially if the Bucks aren’t willing to part with a first round pick (which hasn’t really been established either way at this point from what I understand, though the Bucks appear to be leaning against doing this). Indiana would probably counter (and reportedly has) with the inclusion of a young player in the trade, specifically Ersan Ilyasova. So, the Bucks would need to adjust the trade and replace Elson with Ilyasova. The numbers work, but now the Bucks are giving up two expiring contracts and a young player with (possibly) vast potential for the right to take a player off the Pacers hands that isn’t really helping them win games anyway.

In addition, this sets the Bucks back for next season. The addition of Murphy and subtraction of Ilyasova would leave the Bucks with a payroll of $59,815,722 without including rookies and any free agents they’d want to add to their roster which would stand at nine. A few more signings and the Bucks are getting awfully close to the luxury tax line, which is at roughly $69 million this year and will likely be lower next.

Isn’t that a little unbalanced? The Pacers don’t NEED Troy Murphy. He probably is doing them more harm than good right now due to his contract size. So the Pacers are more or less asking the Bucks to take his contract off their hands and give them a young player too. Well, the Bucks have reportedly rebuked that offer and countered with the rationale that if they are taking a contract off the Pacers hands and giving them a young player, the Pacers must do something for the Bucks. Namely, taking the (small, but lengthy and therefore burdensome) contract of Charlie Bell back in return. As I just detailed, the Bucks would really harm their financial flexibility next season (they’d regain it after Murphy, Michael Redd and Dan Gadzuric would total over $37 million in expiring contracts next season) by taking on Murphy’s deal. Including Bell and the remaining seven million dollars left on his deal allows the Bucks more wiggle room.

So here’s a likely Bucks proposal, assuming the Pacers are hung up on getting Ilyasova and the Bucks really want Murphy:
    Bucks give: Thomas, Ridnour, Ilyasova and Bell
    Pacers give: Murphy and Brandon Rush

The Bucks take on $14,037,293 in future salary obligations, but alleviates them of the $7,951,360 in Charlie Bell’s future money, leaving them on the hook for just $6,085,933 additional money for the services of Murphy and Rush.

Inlcuding Bell would be the key to this deal if the Bucks were forced to give up Ilyasova. But even in this situation, the best of the best financially, the Bucks are still not getting Murphy for nothing. The Bucks operate in the harsh reality that is small market NBA basketball. Something for nothing is never an option when every dollar counts.
    I personally wouldn't add Rush to a deal. Obviously with Thomas and Elson being traded for Salmons. I'm guessing our deal will revolve around Ridnour and Ilyasova, with the Bucks asking the Pacers to take Charlie Bell in the process

another tidbit

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl...medium=twitter

Dime: What are you hearing out in Milwaukee?
    Jeremy Schmidt: There’s actually now been some rumblings about a deal with the Pacers. If the Bucks were to take on Troy Murphy, I’d think they’d move Kurt’s expiring, Luke’s expiring and then either Hak or Ersan, probably Ersan. Murphy has a year left after this one so he doesn’t kill the Bucks there. Pacers would probably rather have Ersan than Warrick, for the simple fact that we all know what Warrick is and Ersan can be better/may already be as good.

Dime: What does Murphy bring to Milwaukee?
    JS: Murphy gives the Bucks the rebounding and outside shooting that Ersan provides, but isn’t as good a defender, fortunately Bogut covers everyone’s *** there.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Looks like the Salmons deal may have involved 2 different expiring contracts

http://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel

Barring last minute change, Bucks will get John Salmons for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander. More at myjournaltimes.com

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we trade Murphy to the Bucks....not for Ilyasova....but for Expiring Contracts.

My absolute guess?

Murphy+Diener ( or Solo )

for

Kurt Thomas + Ridnour

From what I have been reading.....there are conflicting reports that the deal for Salmons is either for Warrick/Alexander or Kurt Thomas/Elson. I'm totally guessing here ( based off of what I have been reading on RealGM ) is that if Kurt Thomas isn't going to the Bulls...he's going to be offered as part of a package with Ridnour for Murphy and filler. Kurt+Ridnour works for Murphy+filler....Warrick+Ridnour doesn't work ( salarywise )

I'm totally guessing here....hence the "green" post....cuz I'm bored and maybe holding out hope for something that may not be there.....but I can totally see this happening. Despite his age....didn't someone here compare Kurt Thomas to Dale Davis?

EDIT - NM.....what pwee31 said.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-18-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post

I don't think so, b/c I like Illy as well. I'd also like to get Ridnour and Warrick. Sure none of them are allstars, but they are better than what Bird got in last years offseason. I've kept my eye on Illy this year and Warrick the last couple both are nice players.

I rather have Warwick, because of his inability to hit 3's.

streets ahead

Tyrus is a Bobkitty?

Chicago has agreed in principle to trade Tyrus Thomas to Charlotte for Flip Murray, Acie Law and a future first round pick, a source tells Y
    9 minutes ago from web

link: Charlotte trades for Tyrus Thomas http://tinyurl.com/y95kkth
    2 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/wojYahooNBA