Thread: My dream...

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool My dream...

1) Trade Murphy to the Kings for Kevin Martin.

This gives us an All-Star caliber SG. Granted, his health and contract are a bit of a concern, but KMart is probably better than anyone we'll be able to acquire in free agency.

2) Draft Derrick Favors.

Of course, this assumes we get a very high pick, but at this point a Top 5 looks very possible, so this is very much within the realm of possibily. Derrick would give us a very good PF, possibly star-quality, to grow alongside Roy.

3) Trade Ford, Rush, and 2011 #1 pick (top 10 protected) to the Nets for Devin Harris.

Assuming NJ lands the #1 spot and John Wall, this is not as much of a long-shot as people think it is. This would allow the Nets to get out from under Harris' contract while netting a temporary replacement at PG that is also an expiring contract, along with what could possibly be a lottery pick the following season, and a young SG in Rush, speeding up NJ's rebuilding effort.

4) Sign Brad Miller to the vet minimum.

The Pacers bring back a fan favorite and help fill a roster spot at a reasonable price.

That would leave us with a rotation of:

C - Hibbert/Miller
    PF - Favors/Hansbrough
    SF - Granger/Dunleavy
    SG - Martin/Jones
    PG - Harris/Price

Viola. Rebuilt.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: My dream...

This would be a dream of mine too.

The fact that we acquired Kevin Martin and Brad Miller, but Devin Harris guarantees a playoff spot. Oh yeah and we draft a defensive Derrick Favors!

It would be even more of a dream if we could replace Brandon with Mike. I don't know if the trade would still matchup financially.

That is what I dream every day. Every day.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Favors < Cousins Aldrich Patterson Monroe Sanders

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yhtruaj its kind of the same, but I love it (it'll be too good to be true though)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Hmmm I don't like the idea of giving up on Brandon, I still think he can become something special and that he could be a key for our team in the future... But I understand you gotta give up something to get talent.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll have some of that!
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

It's a beautiful dream...I'm sure most of it will get wrapped up by thursday

Who would we trade Mike for afterwards, in your scenario? Surely we don't keep him around all year.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Welcome back Jermaine O'neal

We send Murphy, Diener, & TJ Ford to the Heat

That is my dream trade.

We use the cap space to sign Joe Johnson.