Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chad Ford speculates how CLE could trade Shaq for Murphy/Dunleavy (just talk)

Default Re: Chad Ford speculates how CLE could trade Shaq for Murphy/Dunleavy (just talk)

I ran Shaq in place of big Z though ESPN's trade machine weeks ago when West was hurt. I ran it as Shaq and Hickson for Troy and TJ Ford though.

But I don't think we would do a deal with Shaq included. One, I don't think he would come here. Like Adam said, he would just set out the rest of the year. Or, he would develop an injury and just not play and collect his money.

I think what would happen if we were just going to go for an expiring and Cleveland's first is Cleveland would just sign Wally Szczerbiak and trade him and their first to us for just Troy. They would probably throw Leon Powe in because they would have to cut somebody anyway, and we would be short of power forwards.

The more I think about it the more I think that's what would happen because Cleveland wouldn't want to be without both Z and Shaq for a month.

Plus if Cleveland gets to the finals against the Lakers it would be better to have both Z and Shaq in case one got hurt before hand.

I don't know if we would do a trade for Cleveland's first though. The last few picks in the first round aren't as valuble as the first picks in the 2nd round because all first round picks are guarenteed a certain salary while 2nd round picks aren't. If we did it, it would probably mostly just be a salary dump to get under the tax.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 02-15-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Default Re: Shaq Possibly A Pacer (Chad Ford rumor)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ..... you think I heard that no superstars will play for the Colts while there's a superstar here? Think before you respond.

The Colts did exist before Peyton Manning, I promise. Even when people didn't want to play here, and we weren't winners. They existed. Most people don't know that though.

-- Steve --
    I loved the comeback colts with Jim Haurbaugh, Faulk goes down and Zack Crocket steps up

That was almost a superbowl team and would have been if we had replay at the time. Kordell Stewart ran out of the back of the endzone and came back in to catch the go ahead touchdown.

F-n BS no need for a hail marry at the end of the game if Refs had done thier jobs

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esabyrn333 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    JOB would hate life if he had to play Shaq.
    I hate life watching him coach...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kellogg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Shaq has never given me the impression that he's that type of player...minus the Dwight Howard incident.
    Are you kidding? Don't you remember when the Lakers were trying to move him?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford speculates how CLE could trade Shaq for Murphy/Dunleavy (just talk)

It's all moot. Nobody is taking Dunleavy. Especially a legit title contender. He's a terrible player with a worse contract. Shaq at least has merit for a team.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

According to one of my buddies, they were just talking about the possible Shaq for Murphy + Dunleavy deal on Around The Horn. I wasn't watching so I don't know exactly what was said, but he says that supposedly the deal is an actual possibility.
    Grown Man Ball

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    I could just picture O'Brien benching Shaq in favor of Roy AND Solo becase "it gives us the best possible chance of winning"
    Obviously, Shaq cannot stretch the floor....
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    No shaq...no no no no no!!! No superstar will ever play for the pacers.
    Great avatar of the cut up Chuck. The current Chuck looks like he ate that Chuck whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    You think that Shaquille O'Neal, a 4 time champion and probably the most dominant, confidant big man of all time, gives a $@%# about Roy Hibbert? Shaq has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much pride, ego, and dignity to waste his time tutoring a kid on a team going nowhere except the lottery. He would laugh in your face if you asked him to mentor someone on our team. The only way Shaq is playing is if it's in significant role on a championship-caliber team. If he were somehow to be traded here, he would assume sit out the remainder of the year over suiting up for us.
    Actually, I was at the Pacers-Phoenix game last season and was in the Best Locker Room after the game and guess who comes over to talk to Roy after the game? That's right, Shaq. Shaq spent a good 10-15 minutes talking and encouraging Roy after the game and you could see through their hand motions that Shaq was giving Roy some advice and teaching him a few things.

You know what would be absolutely great! To enlarge this trade to include TJ Ford.

Troy, Dun, TJ, for Shaq, who we buyout, Hickson, Powe, and say Danny Green.

It would give Cleveland what it really doesn't have, good depth.

We would thus clean about $26 million off our books for next year. But most importantly . . . it would chop a year off our rebuilding process. We would be about $13m under the cap. The cap mind you, not the tax.

We could afford a near max contract next year ourselves. And then the next year we would lose another $12m from Foster and Tinsley's salary's.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    You know what would be absolutely great! To enlarge this trade to include TJ Ford.

We would thus clean about $26 million off our books for next year. But most importantly . . . it would chop a year off our rebuilding process. We would be about $13m under the cap. The cap mind you, not the tax.

We could afford a near max contract next year ourselves. And then the next year we would lose another $12m from Foster and Tinsley's salary's.
    lol..maybe Troy Dun and TJ would be more "inspired" on a good team.

But I doubt switching teams fixes TJ's decision making, Dun's poor shooting, adn Troy's defensive suckiness.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    No shaq...no no no no no!!! No superstar will ever play for the pacers.
    I find myself wondering why you are a member here if your opinion of this team is that low.
    I bet when we were in the finals you were the guy who told everyone about how you were the biggest pacers fan ever and fully supported them, and then said i told you so when they lost.

Wouldn't want Shaq unless he promises to endeavors to hit more than 55% of his free throws. His missed free throws would frustrate me!

Why would Cleveland want to take our salary hell and put it in their hands? This is illogical to say the least.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

While you are dreaming, could we just trade teams too?

Troy Murphy is a nice player and makes a lot of sense for the Cavs, but I can't see them taking on an additional 20 million of salary or so (with him + Dunleavy), just so the Cavs can add him. Troy Murphy isn't going to keep LeBron in Cleveland. if anything trading a big name and media force like Shaq, when he's only arrived for a half a season, may drive him away.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP63 View Post
    Obviously, Shaq cannot stretch the floor....
    I dunno. I bet he could if he was mad, and pulled really hard.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    You think that Shaquille O'Neal, a 4 time champion and probably the most dominant, confidant big man of all time, gives a $@%# about Roy Hibbert? Shaq has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much pride, ego, and dignity to waste his time tutoring a kid on a team going nowhere except the lottery. He would laugh in your face if you asked him to mentor someone on our team. The only way Shaq is playing is if it's in significant role on a championship-caliber team. If he were somehow to be traded here, he would assume sit out the remainder of the year over suiting up for us.

Shaq has never had a shred of dignity in his professional career... through charitable contributions and such he's been admirable, but as far as I'm concerned he's always been a look-at-me player who is a frontrunner and is very quick to deflect any blame when his team loses.

I would buy him out immediately just to keep him off of my team.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Shaq has never had a shred of dignity in his professional career... through charitable contributions and such he's been admirable, but as far as I'm concerned he's always been a look-at-me player who is a frontrunner and is very quick to deflect any blame when his team loses.

I would buy him out immediately just to keep him off of my team.
    I dunno.

If he would stay, I'd keep him.

We'd got more butts in seats, Roy would most definitely get time as Shaq can not play nearly as much as Murphy. He could also help Roy out. And it would force JOB to play a normal style.

Like said before, Shaq was brought in to play Orlando/Dwight Howard in the playoffs. I can't see them trading him unless it's certain, he's bought out/resigned.

From Windhorst

PDcavsinsider

Anyone who thinks the Cavs are trading Shaq has absolutely no grasp of reality. Been awhile since a game, but remember Cavs are 43-11.