Thread: Johnson Officially Re-Signs

PacersFan

Default Johnson Officially Re-Signs

Johnson Re-Signs with Pacers

Indiana Pacers News Release | July 16, 2004
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Indiana Pacers announced Friday that veteran free agent Anthony Johnson has re-signed with the team. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not released.
    "We are happy to have Anthony Johnson back," said Pacers CEO and President Donnie Walsh. "He played a large role in our success last year. He is a rotation player and also a true professional."

I appreciate the confidence that Donnie Walsh, Larry Bird and the Simons have shown in me, said Pacers guard Anthony Johnson. I appreciate their kindness and the opportunity they have given me to make Indiana my home. I look forward to helping this team going forward in the playoffs and achieving our goal of winning a championship.

The 6-3, 190-pound guard, averaged 6.2 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game in 2003-04, helping the Pacers to a franchise record 61 wins. In seven seasons in the NBA, he has posted career averages of 4.7 ppg, 1.4 rpg and 2.3 apg in 408 contests.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/johns...ns_040716.html

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Johnson Officially Re-Signs

I like AJ. I'm glad we got him.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

RA231

I forget where I heard this but I heard his contract was for 4 years and 9-10 mil.

bapspacers4life

ed: too much for aj too long oh well