Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG!!! Cleveland after Stoudamire

streets ahead

Default Re: OMG!!! Cleveland after Stoudamire

If you're looking for the link or source of vnzla's post, it's from Chris Broussard/ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

Nothing is official, but this is a lot less than what Amare is worth. Just Hickson and cap space? If it's just that, then that's a ridiculous win for the Cavs. You'd think to give up Amare for so little, Cleveland would have to take on Richardson too, but I can't quite figure out how they'd agree to that without involving Shaq (who cannot be traded back to PHX). Maybe a third team is out there to take on Richardson and giving the Suns other assets?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

... remember the Pistons getting Rasheed at the deadline in what was it 2003 or 2004? Or the Lakers getting Gasol? Those type of deals do happen sometimes.

Though in all fairness the Grizzlies did get atleast something back in the younger Gasol brother.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... remember the Pistons getting Rasheed at the deadline in what was it 2003 or 2004? Or the Lakers getting Gasol? Those type of deals do happen sometimes.

Though in all fairness the Grizzlies did get atleast something back in the younger Gasol brother.
    In both cases though, those trades involved a team going nowhere. The Suns are 31-22 and are a good team. This makes no sense for them at all.

-- Steve --

The Suns should take the offer from the Heat for Michael Beasley. If Beasley lays off the drugs (big if, I know) he will surpass Amare in a few years, especially in an up-tempo offense

I posted this trade rumor last week on the Murphy to Cavs thread, but it looks like it's growing legs now.
    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...landing_amare/

If the Suns do this trade they're idiots. The Beasley trade I can see but Hickson will most likely never be on the level of Amare. Add to that the fact that having Amare on the Cavs greatly increases the chances of Lebron staying and you can forget about any future 1st. round picks. If the Suns could package Nash then they would've sent their entire core to the Cavs just to help Lebron win a championship.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a steal for Cleveland. Hickson is a nice young big man prospect, but he's certainly not good enough to be worth Amare by himself and expirings.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There has to be two firsts added to this deal. Seriously. If it is just Hickson and Z then I will vomit.

@PDcavsinsider

Sources say no Stoudemire trade today, he's playing in All-Star Gm for PHX after all. But Cavs hoping for yes or no by early in week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

I know Kerr is quite cheap, though. Which is the only possible reason why this trade might take place. That said, something like this would chase Nash right out of town.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I know Kerr is quite cheap, though. Which is the only possible reason why this trade might take place. That said, something like this would chase Nash right out of town.
    I don't think is Kerr, the owners are cheap.

Mood

if I was a Suns fan, geez, I would have changed teams a long time ago. Seriously one of the cheapest teams ever...anyone have a list of all the draft picks they traded for cash, and players they let go?

Joe Johnson
    Shawn Marion
    Quentin Richardson
    Boris Diaw

I know they had like 2 top 10 draft picks they gave away pretty much.

@Pacers24Colts12

For those who didn't think this deal would ever go down, you've failed to remember how terrible Steve Kerr has been as a GM.

He has pretty much ruined the Suns. the Diaw, Raja Bell trade was bad, hiring Terry Porter didn't work out, the Shaq experiment was obviously a bust, now you trading way you 2nd best player, and perhaps best value when you look at age, for a trade and value that was rumored days ago to land a Troy Murphy, and now you're willing to give away Amare Stoudamire for that same deal?

Bird is looking better and better

Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    if I was a Suns fan, geez, I would have changed teams a long time ago. Seriously one of the cheapest teams ever...anyone have a list of all the draft picks they traded for cash, and players they let go?

Joe Johnson
    Shawn Marion
    Quentin Richardson
    Boris Diaw

I know they had like 2 top 10 draft picks they gave away pretty much.
    Add Rudy Fernandez!

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    ... remember the Pistons getting Rasheed at the deadline in what was it 2003 or 2004?
    In the summer before, Dumars traded their draft bust Rodney White to the Bucks for a future 1st round pick. He then proceeded to flip that for Rasheed.

Incidentally, that pick turned into Josh Smith so Hawks did alright there.

I saw the rumor in the ticker on ESPN News. I got feeling that it's a done deal. D*mn, I was really hoping to get Hickson. The Cavs will be getting Amare for basically nothing. Hopefully, there's still legs to Kings/Bucks rumors. Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is hating on Indiana's trades to deal Murphy?

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was never enamored with any of the rumored Cavs deals anyways, even with the world's greatest crappy player, J.J. Hickson, thrown in. I find Ilyasova far more interesting, even if it meant taking back Gadzuric's large (but short) contract. The Kings have a couple of non-Jason Thompson young pieces I'd put no less than equal to Hickson as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I saw the rumor in the ticker on ESPN News. I got feeling that it's a done deal. D*mn, I was really hoping to get Hickson. The Cavs will be getting Amare for basically nothing. Hopefully, there's still legs to Kings/Bucks rumors. Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is hating on Indiana's trades to deal Murphy?
    seems like everybody wants murphy for free...as though they deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    In the summer before, Dumars traded their draft bust Rodney White to the Bucks for a future 1st round pick. He then proceeded to flip that for Rasheed.

Incidentally, that pick turned into Josh Smith so Hawks did alright there.
    I'd probably use "accidentally" instead of "incidentally." There's no way that Atlanta could have been expecting a value like Josh Smith out of a mid-to-late draft pick. If they were, then it's more likely that they were delusional and got lucky than that they were prescient.

Quote Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
    seems like everybody wants murphy for free...as though they deserve it
    Pretty much. Personally, I agree with Bird. No picks or young player(s), then no deal. We're desperate, but keeping Murphy does kinda insure us in getting a low draft pick due to JOB's insistence of playing him large minutes. It would be just our luck to make a good trade, then play ourselves right out of the Top 8.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Add Rudy Fernandez!
    and Andre Iguadola

Teams up ante for Stoudamire

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913834

While Cleveland has zeroed in on Amare Stoudemire, it benefits the Suns to let the process play out until the last hours before Thursday's deadline.

Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said Saturday night that the Cavs and Suns were in serious talks about a deal that would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man

Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds on the season.

But reports that the five-time All-Star Stoudemire could be headed to Cleveland have led other clubs to spice up their offers to Phoenix, according to sources.

The ball is now in Phoenix's court.

The Suns are mulling over whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract -- they'll likely waive Ilgauskas after the trade -- and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with an impact player like Stoudemire.

And the Cavaliers have to be fairly certain that Stoudemire would be willing to re-sign with them before giving up the fast-improving Hickson.

However, according to sources, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala, appears to be the Suns' top choice.

So far, the Sixers have been leery of giving up their best player for Stoudemire.

While Stoudemire has good relationships with LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal, some close to Stoudemire believe Miami -- where he lives during the summer -- is his first choice.

Miami has pursued Stoudemire hard but has no one on its roster (besides Dwyane Wade) that interests Phoenix, according to sources. That includes Michael Beasley. So it would take a three-team deal for Stoudemire to be traded to the Heat.

Of course, Cleveland can also pursue three-team deals that would sweeten the offer for Phoenix.

Just like I said in the thread in RSS, Steve Kerr is pulling the old bait and switch. Genius!
    Grown Man Ball

From Adrian Wojnarowski at YahooSports

@WojYahooNBA

Cavs believe this: The best chance to keep LBJ comes with winning title now. They'll make move they think gives them that chance.

You have to admire this about Cavs organization: Unlike most of NBA, they're always going for it. They spare no expense to win.

If Cavs do Amar'e deal, it would surprise many GMs. Unlike Jamison or Murphy, this would be dramatic change for Cavs. Most expected subtle.

Along those lines, many execs believe Cavs are posturing with Amar'e to get asking prices lowered for Jamison and Murphy. High-stakes poker.

Does anyone find it funny that the Cavs might think a player who has never been to the playoffs might make them better? A player who doesn't defend...next to Shaq who has his own struggles on D?

I just find it too funny if it's true. Funny like the Pistons acquiring Gordon and Charlie V.

http://twitter.com/wojyahooNBA

Suns waiting on Philly to tell them whether Andre Igoudala will be included with Sam Dalembert for Stoudemire-Barbosa package, sources say.

As things stand now, the Cavs package of Big Z and Hickson is the most viable for Suns, sources say.
    Last edited by pwee31; 02-14-2010 at 08:24 PM.