Thread: Colts are planning a "Thank You" tour

Default Colts are planning a "Thank You" tour

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/col...nk-you-tour%22
    From WISHtv.com

The Colts are planning to show off their AFC Championship trophy during a six-stop "Thank You Tour" scheduled to start next week.

The Colts say they'll show their appreciation to the fans by giving them the opportunity to touch and have pictures taken with the championship trophy.

Colts fans can also expect autograph signings with Colts cheerleaders and Colts Alumni Players, “Blue” the Colts mascot, a free Colts 2009 recap poster and live music by Dave and Rae, the Colts said.

Fans can also register to win Colts tickets.

Fans are encouraged to keep up to date with all Tour dates online at colts.com.

Below you'll find the 2010 “Thank You Tour” schedule.

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:30-7pm
    Jefferson Mall
    4801/302 Outer Loop
    Louisville, KY 40219
    *Colts Alumni players expected to attend include Mark Herrmann and Will Wolford
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11-12:30pm (Central Time)
    Eastland Mall
    800 N. Green River Road
    Evansville, IN 47715
    *Colts Alumni players expected to attend include Jeff Herrod and Barry Krauss
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6-7:30pm
    Honey Creek Mall
    3401 South US Highway 41
    Terre Haute, IN 47802
    *Colts Alumni players expected to attend include Jeff Herrod and Barry Krauss
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:30-1pm
    University Park Mall
    6501 North Grape Road
    Mishawaka, IN 46545
    *Colts Alumni players expected to attend include Tarik Glenn and Bernard Whittington
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:30-7pm
    Glenbrook Square Mall
    4201 Coldwater Road
    Ft. Wayne, IN 46805
    *Colts Alumni players expected to attend include Tarik Glenn and Bernard Whittington
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:30-7pm
    Lucas Oil Stadium
    500 South Capitol Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46225
    *Active Player Autographs TBD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Colts are planning a "Thank You" tour

Fine I'll say it this is so incredibly lame. Sorry it just is you won the SB three years ago a tour with that I get but a tour for the AFC Championship Trophy? Which is nothing but a PR move for "I'm sorry we threw away the chance at a perfect season for an SB we didn't even win"

Only the Colts would do this you wouldn't see a losing team of an SB do this in another state and there's a reason for that it would show that you are okay with winning the AFC but not the ultimate prize(although at least in the Colts defense they already have won it all before in recent years)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine I'll say it this is so incredibly lame. Sorry it just is you won the SB three years ago a tour with that I get but a tour for the AFC Championship Trophy? Which is nothing but a PR move for "I'm sorry we threw away the chance at a perfect season for an SB we didn't even win"

Only the Colts would do this you wouldn't see a losing team of an SB do this in another state and there's a reason for that it would show that you are okay with winning the AFC but not the ultimate prize(although at least in the Colts defense they already have won it all before in recent years)
    Saints were going to have a parade wether they won or not.
    Go Colts!!

Go Pacers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    Saints were going to have a parade wether they won or not.

And I found that lame too but at least with them I get it because

1) Its Mardi Gras they were going to have a parade in New Orleans anyways.

2) The Saints never experienced this type of success before their standards are different just being there was an SB win to them.

What do the Colts have to celebrate? Throwing away a possible perfect season for an SB win(according to Polian's logic) they failed to get?

They won it 3 years ago you know when a parade would be warranted.

Well since you're a Basketball Fan I could see why you wouldn't have a desire to see the trophy, win free tickets, and meet some Colt players.

Nah, if the Pacers were allowed to market this way (which they can't) we wouldn't be having these discussions about the chance of moving to Vegas and such. Absolutely a marketing ploy and a smart one too. This is the kind of stuff that will help the Colts when there is no longer a Peyton Manning. The losing will come and the Colts will need that edge one of these days. They're just banking the hard core loyalty for the future.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Well since you're a Basketball Fan I could see why you wouldn't have a desire to see the trophy, win free tickets, and meet some Colt players.
    An AFC Championship trophy? No not after we've already seen the Lombardi talk about downgrade.

You do know the current Colts players will be the only one in the Indianapolis site the rest are old timers who never were in an SB with us. Really if I were a current Colts player no way would I want to be attached to this. It makes it seem they're content being AFC champs and nothing more.

Nah, if the Pacers were allowed to market this way (which they can't) we wouldn't be having these discussions about the chance of moving to Vegas and such. Absolutely a marketing ploy and a smart one too. This is the kind of stuff that will help the Colts when there is no longer a Peyton Manning. The losing will come and the Colts will need that edge one of these days. They're just banking the hard core loyalty for the future.

Yes its a marketing ploy but an incredibly short sighted one because frankly most of the Colts fans these days are bandwagoners(I of course remember them before Manning and will be a fan of them long after he's are gone) and Manning brought those bandwagoners with him and when he goes so will they. Sure the diehards will still be there but fact is these days there's more loyalty to a player than a team especially when players switch teams everyday it seems. I mean Reggie Miller spending his entire career with the Pacers is an exception not the rule. Fact is people want to see a team produce a good product the Colts do that and when they don't they'll go elsewhere like all those people that used to watch the Pacers when they were good.

And well there's the fact they threw away a possible perfect season to go to an SB they didn't even win really to ask people to get up for an AFC Title trophy after a Lombardi one is just really laughable and rather insulting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see no problem with this. I know we're a little spoiled, having won a SB recently and all, but an AFC championship is nothing to scoff at either.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    An AFC Championship trophy? No not after we've already seen the Lombardi talk about downgrade.

Funny thing is since I've seen the Lombardi I wouldn't mind seeing the AFC trophy.

You do know the current Colts players will be the only one in the Indianapolis site the rest are old timers who never were in an SB with us.

Yes I do know you're looking at a Jeff Herrod or Barry Krauss. If you've been a fan of the Colts then you do know they were important to this team.

Yes its a marketing ploy but an incredibly short sighted one because frankly most of the Colts fans these days are bandwagoners(I of course remember them before Manning and will be a fan of them long after he's are gone) and Manning brought those bandwagoners with him and when he goes so will they. Sure the diehards will still be there but fact is these days there's more loyalty to a player than a team especially when players switch teams everyday it seems. I mean Reggie Miller spending his entire career with the Pacers is an exception not the rule. Fact is people want to see a team produce a good product the Colts do that and when they don't they'll go elsewhere like all those people that used to watch the Pacers when they were good.

Well very could be...but...both of my sons were raised as Colt fans. One graduated from college this past May and the other just a scant two years ago. They now make a decent living and can afford to pay for tickets and will continue to do so I believe after Mr. Manning is gone. Just my opinion but I think the Colts have done a fine job in building a fan base from scratch or since 1984.

And well there's the fact they threw away a possible perfect season to go to an SB they didn't even win really to ask people to get up for an AFC Title trophy after a Lombardi one is just really laughable and rather insulting.
    Yes I was disappointed they didn't go for it. Yes I was diappointed they did not win the Super Bowl. You are fooling yourself if you don't think the fans are going to come out to see the trophy and see some players.

One final thought. I bet if you were to ask someone from Indiana if they've met a Colt player or Pacer player you would find more that have met a Colt. I do understand the Pacers are at a disadvantage number wise, but the Colts still get a grade of A+ for trying to connect with the fans. We will not have a true indication if this made a difference for at least three years afer Manning retires. Will there be a decrease of fans??? Of course there will, but a total collapse kind of like you're predicting I truly doubt.
    Last edited by RWB; 02-12-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Yes I was disappointed they didn't go for it. Yes I was diappointed they did not win the Super Bowl. You are fooling yourself if you don't think the fans are going to come out to see the trophy and see some players.

I'm sure there will be some fans that will want to see this I mean really as stupid as I find this I doubt the Colts would bother with this if they didn't have any takers.

I just find it rather lame that's all