Thread: IND/CLE/NO

Default IND/CLE/NO

I mentioned us making a deal for Okafor once before but now that the year has gone on and Collison has stepped up his play some he is pretty interesting as well and if we could get him along with Okafor I think it makes the trade that much more desirable.....would go like this:

Indiana gets:
    1. E. Okafor
    2. D. Collison
    3. Julious Wright

Cleveland gets:
    1. Murphy
    2. Posey
    3. Diener (expires, filler)

New Orleans:
    1. Shaq (buyout back to CLE)
    2. Earl Watson (expires)
    3. Danny Green
    4. CLE 1st Rounder

As with before its a risky move taking on Okafor's big deal....but I really think he fits in great next to Roy down low. Collison and Price could be a really special back court and Wright is a wildcard that could develop into a nice player and is cheap enough to be low risk, high reward.

Cleveland gets not only the stretch PF they covet but also an experienced vet who can hit clutch shots and is known as a great perimeter defender for the likes of Rashard Lewis in the playoffs.

New Orleans gives up more for less, but as they are obviously a team in flux this frees up massive amounts of cap space and makes them major players in free agency next summer to get another star to add to Paul & West. They also get another 1st rounder from CLE. Danny Green is cheap and seems to have some potential so could make the deal more attractive to NO.
    Last edited by Wylder1324; 02-10-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Default Re: IND/CLE/NO

You're right, it's a great deal for us and a pretty good deal for Cleveland, but New Orleans gives up a lot. Plus, with Chris Paul being sidelined for several weeks I doubt they would give up Collison.

Yeah your right it would really stem from NO pulling the trigger.....However, Wright has been mentioned as on the block, and Okafor has a pretty big contract for a team that isnt using him correctly and are in cost cutting mode, them being able to move him at this point is the centerpiece of what makes them want to make this deal happen. Collison is a sweetener that must be added to make anyone consider taking these 2 longer contracts off their hands (Okafor, Posey) The 1st rounder from Cleveland gives them a little added incentive and we throw Watson in to help them at PG until Paul comes back and beyond and he is still an expiring. NO would get something like 20+ million off the books for next season like this. Cleveland doesnt give up much of anything for to potentially integral cogs. We do get 2 nice players and one with potential, but we our price to pay is pretty high risk that Okafor pans out.....I think its pretty uqual for all 3 teams.

you can forget them trading collison

To move Okafor's and Posey's contract I think they would. They already have Paul and he isnt going anywhere. The team as constructed is going nowhere fast, they seem to want to build around Paul and West.....without moving some of these other guys that will never happen.....Collison is the price to pay to have cap space.....and to be honest it isnt all that steep a price when you consider the type of $ it frees up. To be honest I bet Cleveland is willing to take on Mo Peterson's deal as well in this trade since they arent really giving up much of anything, that makes it even more attractive for New Orleans.....your talking about almost 30million on the books for the Hornets this summer. Yes it adds a lot of $ to Cleveland's books but do you think anybody could stop this team in the playoffs:

PG - Mo Williams, Delonte West, Boobie Gibson
    SG - Posey, Parker, Moon
    SF - LBJ, Mo Pete, Jackson
    PF - Murphy, Hickson, Powe
    C - O'Neal, Z, Verajao

Thats a championship......win for everybody
    Last edited by Wylder1324; 02-11-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Yeah, they're in cap HELL for a long time. I can completely see them trading Collison and Thornton with multiple picks to get their contract off their hands.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

this trade it toooooooooooooooo good for us...it'll never happen
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

They would do ANYTHING to get Peja, Posey, and Okafor out of there. ANYTHING.

ANYTHING.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.