Thread: Looking for team owners for ABA Keeper league

Hybrid View

Default Looking for team owners for ABA Keeper league

We have at least two teams that are going to need new owners. I'd like to have them in place by our 2/16 last game deadline, in case there is a player or two the new owners may want to replace on their roster going into the summer. (Our trading deadline has passed, so only waiver-wire picks)

I've sent out two invitations to some former owners and a third may have some interest through our former commish.

I'm going to quote (and edit)our fearless former league commish from the last recruiting drive: (Bolds and italics are mine)

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

This Keeper League is entering its sixth season [Actually, next year will be our ninth season] and is very competitive. If you can't guarantee that you will be able to participate regularly - and I mean on a daily basis - then you don't need to read any further. I have thrown owners out of this league before for non-participation and would rather have a 'botted team than one owned by someone who doesn't participate. This has been a great league over the years and one of the reasons is we have fantastic owners - interested, involved - it makes the league a lot of fun (and easy to commish).

If you are interested in being a part of this league, let me know either in this thread or by a PM. I'll send you additional details as well as the rosters of the 3 teams with last season's records, draft position, etc. Interested owners will be voted on for admission by the current KL owners. Owners will be given the choice of what team they get in order of when they contacted me about this - first owner gets first choice.

Each of the three teams has a summer roster. Out of that summer roster owners will, at some point, when the new season is approaching, need to send me a 9-player protected list. I'll set the date sometime during the summer. Our draft will be a 3-rd draft on a Saturday, sometime in October to start the new season.
    I'm looking for owners, first, who have played on sports.ws before and understand how it works. It's not complicated, but I'd rather start with vets to fill the needed team owners.

Once I get a list of possible owners, we'll discuss on the ABA KL site if we need more owners beyond the 2-3 that I've contacted and I'll contact the selected new owners and get them log on information. I'm hoping to have some new owners set by Sunday night, so they can familiarize themselves with the league a bit and get their rosters set.

Right now, I'd like to get a feel for who may be interested.

Thanks.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Looking for team owners for ABA Keeper league

I'd be interested.