Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: not only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

Default Re: not only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

Since there's so many PF's in this years draft, can't we get a half-year rental of a sad PF, forcing JOB to play Josh? So perhaps us fans can actually see what we got?
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Banned

Default Re: not only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's a little more on the Kings interest

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/

Now this throws me off a little bit. Even if the Kings weren't interested.. if there was interest why would it be a 3 team deal with Kevin Martin going to the Mavs, if Murphy is going to the Kings? Would Bird not want Kevin Martin, or would this be a lot bigger deal with multiple players involved?
    Dallas is been trying to get Martin all year long, Im not sure what are the pieces Dallas could send here, as long as they are expiring, young players or draft picks Im fine and no I don't want KMart.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dallas has a few young players, the most interesting of which is probably Rodrigue Beaubois, a 21 year old French point guard who's having a fairly impressive rookie season. He's not yet a "true" point guard, but he could be in time. He also has the size (6'2" with a huge wingspan) to be a very good defender. He also has some very impressive shooting numbers -- .493 from the field and .412 from downtown. This is surprising because his outside shot was suppose to be a weakness coming into the NBA.

Here's his draft night video with some footage from France:

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    To me, only 2 players are untouchable: Danny and Roy. The jury's still out on Tyler, AJ, and Rush. Saying that, I think bird is looking for a much larger deal than we think. Possibly combining one of Tyler, Rush, and Aj with Troy to get a rising star.

Cleveland can offer Z and Hickson. I think the pacers need to forget about the draft pick. We do not need a late first round draft pick. If we can get Hickson and Z for Murph, LB should take it and run.

Sactown has several assets that we could use on this team. If we could get one of Evans, Sergio, Martin, or Garcia, without giving up Hibbert or Granger, we'd be in good shape going into the offseason.

...any chance Milwaukee would accept a trade of Troy, Rush, AJ, and our 1st rd pick for Jennings?
    Evans and Jennings? I think Milwaukee and Sacto would hang up before you reached the end of the 1st sentence. I would like to make a play for K-Martin, provided Roy stays off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Dallas has a few young players, the most interesting of which is probably Rodrigue Beaubois, a 21 year old French point guard who's having a fairly impressive rookie season. He's not yet a "true" point guard, but he could be in time. He also has the size (6'2" with a huge wingspan) to be a very good defender. He also has some very impressive shooting numbers -- .493 from the field and .412 from downtown. This is surprising because his outside shot was suppose to be a weakness coming into the NBA.

Here's his draft night video with some footage from France:

Mark Cuban already has him off limits.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    And with good cause. He's a player.

Banned
    Mood

You have to give to get. If slime bucket Cuban wont offer anything of interest to teams, he can't expect anything of interest back.

"Thereís maybe one or two guys in the league that I would trade him for," Cuban said. "Thatís it. Other than that, heís pretty much untouchable."
    Sounds reasonable to me.

Another first round flameout for the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Hey, been meaning to respond to this, but I was at work.
    There are so many wrong things in this post... I am suprised you got so many thanks... but whatever. Obviously not everyone thinks like I do.

First off, comparing to Hibbert to Bynum is crazy. Bynum is much more athletic, much quicker, and younger, as in when he was drafted he was 18, still growing into his body, also having Kareem be his college education in basketall helped quite a bit. Who is our big man coach again? I don't think that is going to happen with Hibbert... he definately isn't giong to get faster. He has shown a good post game that he worked on, which I really like. But let's not get carried away and say he has the potential Bynum had.

Chris Kaman plays about the same level of defense Roy plays (as in bad) but outrebounds him, I like Roy's post game better though, as I think he is a better passer. Like Roy, Kaman sure is a game changer eh? Leading his team to a subpar record...

Legit centers are overrated in today's NBA. As much as I enjoy a good slog ball game, the NBA today is fast paced. Roy can be a big part of the Pacers future, but you have to put the right people around him to cover up his deficiencies on defense, which is a big reason we fail so bad with Murph Hibbert and Dunleavy on the court together.

The NBA is full of Reggie Miller clones? Seriously?? I can't believe you went there.. If that is so... Can we get one of them?

I've said this earlier, I do like Hibbert, I think we can be ok with him at center. I don't know if we are going to be contenders with him, but we can do ok with the right coach and players. I think you guys are just massively overrating this guy. He is good, but he isn't an all star. If he is such a badass, as you guys are saying, he should be leading us to championships. He can't even make the sophmore/rookie game (though I think he should have).

I think it has just been so long since we had a real center here and with the season so awful there is a tendancy for wish thinking and to cling to whatever glimmer of hope there might be on the roster. But a good dose of objectivity is what I prefer.

At any rate, I think I'd rather keep Roy and trade off the pick (protected top 7 or something) instead as was suggested earlier in the thread. Hell, this is all BS speculation anyway. Maybe they would be happy with just Murph.
    Roy is going to be a bad*ss under a new coach. I'm old school. I prefer traditional centers instead of the current "small-ball" centers.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Roy is going to be a bad*ss under a new coach. I'm old school. I prefer traditional centers instead of the current "small-ball" centers.
    I too believe the small-ball centers are getting a look mainly because the Shaq years are over. When Shaq was a dominant C, teams HAD to have some stiffs out there. Now, it's somewhat optional.

Still you have guys like Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, Chris Kaman, Brook Lopez, Kendrick Perkins...some who play PF but who are basically centers. I think they make huge positive impacts on their teams and there is not much small about those guys. Also, I don't consider any of those guys gazelles...only a little more experienced than Hibbert.

Duncan and Gasol will almost certainly have better careers, but I think Hibbert has a shot at contending with the others.

I guess my point is...the days of the big C are not over. Size without great athleticism continues to be rewarded in the NBA. Perhaps all of those guys are more athletic than Roy, but honestly, not much. For the most part, they have experience or a higher skill level with Duncan and Gasol. In fact, I think Hibbert could own Perkins and competes just fine with Lopez. Not the greatest centers in the league...but Perkins plays on a contender.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy is a throwback center, you have to love that. He comes from a great college program, and his demeanor is infectious. Roy has the work ethic to really polish his game. He is definitely an impact player that we should keep around. Hopefully that is what TPTB decide to do.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Evans and Jennings? I think Milwaukee and Sacto would hang up before you reached the end of the 1st sentence. I would like to make a play for K-Martin, provided Roy stays off the table.
    Okay, I should rephrase that, if we had the #1 pick in the draft, would you be willing to trade John Wall for Jennings or Evans? Or would you keep Wall with the belief that he is better than both of them, and quite possible Rose?
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    Okay, I should rephrase that, if we had the #1 pick in the draft, would you be willing to trade John Wall for Jennings or Evans? Or would you keep Wall with the belief that he is better than both of them, and quite possible Rose?
    No brainer, keep Wall in both cases! I would rather have Wall, Turner, maybe even Favors and Cousins, over Jennings.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

No brainer, keep Wall in both cases! I would rather have Wall, Turner, maybe even Favors and Cousins, over Jennings.

I agree with you on your comment about Jennings, BUT I'll take Tyreke Evans over Wall any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Evans is ROY hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I agree with you on your comment about Jennings, BUT I'll take Tyreke Evans over Wall any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Evans is ROY hands down.
    I wouldn't want him on my team, he has been labeled a ball hog in Sacto.

Pacers are at number 6 in the draft currently and 1 game out of the 4 spot. With next 11 games against very difficult competition they will most likely be at 4 after that. That is the best draft position they could get this year as the other 3 teams above them are very bad.
    With the 4 spot they could pick any of the power forwards out there. Favors, Cousins, Patterson, Davis and Monroe.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

17. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Here's a little more on the Kings interest

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/

Now this throws me off a little bit. Even if the Kings weren't interested.. if there was interest why would it be a 3 team deal with Kevin Martin going to the Mavs, if Murphy is going to the Kings? Would Bird not want Kevin Martin, or would this be a lot bigger deal with multiple players involved?
    I've also heard the Celtics could be a 3rd team. Couldn't find a link anywhere though, heard it on a TV broadcast, and I believe it was a Celtics commentator, that mentioned Murphy to the Kings, Tj Ford and Kevin Martin to the Celtics, and Ray Allen to Pacers. Not sure what other pieces would be involved or how true the talks are, just thought I would pass it along

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Murphy and Ford for Ray Allen?

Not sure why the Kings would trade KMart for Murphy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Murphy and Ford for Ray Allen?
    Well, I want to convince myself this helps the Celtics....Nope can't do it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I were Bird, I think I'd go ahead and trade murph for Z and Donte and their 2011 1st rd pick. Who knows, LeBron might sign with NY making Cleveland a pretty mediocre team
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Banned

I would love for that trade to Happen, the Pacers move TJ Ford and Muphy? for 20mil expiring hell yeah