Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: not only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

Banned

Default not only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

If the pacers turn this deal down because they want a PF in return, I'll be really mad

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...goes_from.html
    My man Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that the Cavaliers and Pacers have made "some progress" in talks about forward Troy Murphy.

Cleveland isn't the only team that has shown some interest in Murphy. Sacramento and Milwaukee are two of "several" teams that have called about Murphy.

A sticking point for the Pacers in dealing with talks involving Murphy is that they prefer a forward back in return because of how thin they are at that position.

The Cavaliers, according to Windhorst, have been "balking" at trade scenarios involving forward J.J. Hickson. The Pacers are very much interested in Hickson.

The Pacers could possibly soften their stance on wanting a forward back in a deal involving Murphy if rookie Tyler Hansbrough starts showing signs that he's getting close to being able to return to the lineup somewhere around the trade deadline.

One player the Pacers have been getting a lot of calls about is center Roy Hibbert.
    The teams that have inquired about Hibbert have been getting the cold shoulder because the Pacers consider him one of their young core pieces.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-10-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Default Re: no only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

We need to get JJ Hickson in the murphy deal, he remind me about jermaine o'neal 's deal in the past. We will be a better team when we have a real power forward on this team.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: not only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

As inept as the office seems sometimes, thank God that they did not trade Roy after the first offer.....*"Well, he couldn't shoot the three the way we like to shoot it..."*

Default Re: not only Cleveland is interested in Murphy, Milwaukee and Sacramento are too/Mike Wells

If Hickson is really as coveted as they make him out to be, then he probably won't resign with Indiana after next season anyway. There will be too many other teams looking for a young athletic PF.

lone pacers fan in israel tde3000's Avatar

i want casspi :P

Yes Sacto has alot of good young players. I'd like them to go after Kevin Martin as well.

Actually. The Kings may be the best partner for us. They have a bruiser PF who I really like in Jon Brockman. He's an old school, knock the opponent on his butt, beat the other team up for rebounds kinda guy. He's someone I think this team could really use. With all the threes we like to jack up, he'd be a great screener/boards guy.

Donte Greene might also be great. He's really charismatic and might go a long way in giving this bland group of players some personality. In terms of on court, he's been playing a smidge of PG, along with SG, SF AND PF. He's 6'11, long and I think he's showed a slow, steady learning curve. He would really fit with this style offense, but would have to focus more on rebounding, if we played him at PF.

I think May even has some game in him but he's caught up in a numbers game.

Matter of fact, salary-wise a GREAT move for us would be Hilton Armstrong, Kenny Thomas (both expiring contracts) and Brockman for Troy.

(And we don't need ANOTHER wing player in Casspi)
    Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 02-10-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: All these Casspi posts
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

They should just take what Cleveland wants to give us. They should take Ilgauskus and
    and we give them Murphy and our first. Then we will have cap space.

Please note this is sarcasm.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i wonder what the potential deals are with sacto and milwaukee.

the kings could offer the expiring contract of kenny thomas and one of their young players. casspi would be nice

i'm not so sure about the bucks but they have a number of expiring contracts - ridnour, kurt thomas, warrick, alexander. beyond that, i'm not sure what they could offer that we'd be interested in. maybe ersan ilyasova? he's having a nice rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i wonder what the potential deals are with sacto and milwaukee.

the kings could offer the expiring contract of kenny thomas and one of their young players. casspi would be nice

i'm not so sure about the bucks but they have a number of expiring contracts - ridnour, kurt thomas, warrick, alexander. beyond that, i'm not sure what they could offer that we'd be interested in. maybe ersan ilyasova? he's having a nice rookie season.
    Start with either teams first this year.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

11. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic-er
    If Hickson is really as coveted as they make him out to be, then he probably won't resign with Indiana after next season anyway. There will be too many other teams looking for a young athletic PF.
    Hickson wouldn't hit free agency for like another three years. He's got one more year after this one, then a team option, then a qualifying offer year.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the Sac-Town possibility. Donte Green does look good! Check out his last 5 games:
    Date Opp Min FGM-A 3GM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
    02/01 @ DEN 24:28 3-5 1-2 0-0 0 5 5 0 3 0 1 0 7
    02/03 SAS 37:20 5-9 2-5 0-0 3 0 3 1 3 1 1 1 12
    02/05 PHX 35:09 11-20 1-3 8-10 3 4 7 0 1 0 1 2 31
    02/07 @ TOR 27:25 4-10 3-3 2-5 2 3 5 0 1 0 1 0 13
    02/09 @ NYK 39:48 9-12 4-5 2-4 1 7 8 3 5 1 2 0 24

At 6'11", 226 & only his 2nd year, I think this is a someone we should look real hard at. He is your long, athletic 4 you need against the R.Lewis/Bosh-type's. Not saying he is defensively ready for them, but he has the size & quickness it would take.

I don't see anything in Milwalkee I would trade Murphy for. They don't have any young talent that they would give up, so they are just a salery dump. At this point though, I might move Dunleavy there (though I don't want to) for a 1/2 season look at J.Alexander & maybe L.Ridnour &/or Warrick, but only if we moved a PG (likely Watson as Ford would be too good to hope for) somewhere else. I would think that next to Murphy (& excluding Roy), E.Watson & maybe Head would have the most interest from a contender.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Actually. The Kings may be the best partner for us. They have a bruiser PF who I really like in Jon Brockman. He's an old school, knock the opponent on his butt, beat the other team up for rebounds kinda guy. He's someone I think this team could really use. With all the threes we like to jack up, he'd be a great screener/boards guy.

Donte Greene might also be great. He's really charismatic and might go a long way in giving this bland group of players some personality. In terms of on court, he's been playing a smidge of PG, along with SG, SF AND PF. He's 6'11, long and I think he's showed a slow, steady learning curve. He would really fit with this style offense, but would have to focus more on rebounding, if we played him at PF.

Matter of fact, salary-wise a GREAT move for us would be Hilton Armstrong, Kenny Thomas (both expiring contracts) and Brockman for Troy.

Well, Casspi would immediately become our second best wing behind Danny, and the days of this team being overloaded at that position are long since past.

It won't matter, though, because Sacramento isn't going to trade him away.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I hate this "we don't want to be thin at the 4 because we're in the playoffs hunt" crap. I really, really, really do.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Some people on these boards focus way too much on expiring contracts, and don't even bother to look at the actual players. Warrick or Ilyasova would be a good pickup for Indiana at the PF. Personally, I have to agreed with Bird on this one. If we can't get a PF in return, then all bets are off. It seems that Murphy is generating a lot of interest from other teams, so that puts Indiana in the driver's seat. I can't remember the last time that Indiana was EVER in the driver's seat when it came to trades.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

If we are thin at forward we can go sign someone out of the D leauge and boom, we aren't thin at forward anymore. I am starting to wonder if Bird has any concept of what rebuilding is?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

I hope those are mainly just bargaining words at this point.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

We would be thin at the PF spot if we traded away Murphy for peanuts. Hansbrough is still questionable and Foster is out for the season. Some of you want to get rid of Murphy sssooooooooooo bad, that you're willing to cut off your nose despite your face. If we get back a solid, young PF (Solo and McRoberts are alright), then we can draft a PG (and get rid of Watson).

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

It's kinda funny, we are soooo thin @ PF, yet we have (& are paying) 2 PF's in McBob & S.Jones who can not get off the bench. Look, we know they are not great, but seriously.......
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

The point is - a trade has nothing to do with right now, so even if you had ZERO power forwards and you can make a good deal for the future, you do it. That struck me as the most short-sighted thing I've ever heard. Hopefully something was lost in translaton there.

So the school of thought is, well we don't want to not have enough Power Forwards to help us finish 30-52 this year, so we really can't make a move for the future. WTF?

The idea should be, um ya, I don't care what the last 30 games look like, let's make any and every move that will help down the line, regardless.

I'm shocked at how stupid this quote sounds.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post

I talked about Donte Greene earlier in the season. I'd love to see him in a Pacers uni. He's been playing well as of late. He played PF last night. I'd love to have him, moreso than Brockman who is a Leon Powe & Craig Smith height wise PF. He'd be a shorter re-run of Tyler in many ways.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Start with either teams first this year.
    sacramento is half a game below us in the standings right now. milwaukee is higher but not entirely safe from the lottery. neither team is giving up their first rounder for murphy, unless it's highly protected.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Some people on these boards focus way too much on expiring contracts, and don't even bother to look at the actual players. Warrick or Ilyasova would be a good pickup for Indiana at the PF.
    warrick would be all right, in a band-aid earl watson sort of way. we sure could use a bit more athleticism.

i've suggested ilyasova myself, but do the pacers really want a player whose upside is murphy? but then, i guess i wouldn't mind a poor man's murphy who's paid a fraction of what the really murphy is getting. as long as obie doesn't play him 30+ min a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    If we are thin at forward we can go sign someone out of the D leauge and boom, we aren't thin at forward anymore. I am starting to wonder if Bird has any concept of what rebuilding is?
    that would be a great idea, if we could find d-league big men who are better than mcbob or solo. and then we'd have to see whether obie would play them.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    We would be thin at the PF spot if we traded away Murphy for peanuts. Hansbrough is still questionable and Foster is out for the season. Some of you want to get rid of Murphy sssooooooooooo bad, that you're willing to cut off your nose despite your face. If we get back a solid, young PF (Solo and McRoberts are alright), then we can draft a PG (and get rid of Watson).
    no good pg prospects next year other than wall, unfortunately. watson will be gone regardless - we can't afford him next year. unless he strikes out in free agency and is willing to play for the minimum.

Oh you will see Danny at the PF spot way before Solo or Mcbob get any decent look. Small ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    The idea should be, um ya, I don't care what the last 30 games look like, let's make any and every move that will help down the line, regardless.
    QFT...That's my mindset. Merely dumping Murphy's, Dunleavy, and Ford's contracts is NOT enough. We need players back in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I hate this "we don't want to be thin at the 4 because we're in the playoffs hunt" crap. I really, really, really do.
    I think it's just posturing because we really want Hickson.

I would love to have a first as well, but I'd be content with just Z and Hickson for Murphy.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: