Thread: Celtics, Bobcats in Trade Talks/Davis and D.J. Augustin

Banned

Default Celtics, Bobcats in Trade Talks/Davis and D.J. Augustin

If the Bobcats want a PF we have one who can stretch the floor

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...in-trade-talks

By Chris Broussard

The Boston Celtics and Charlotte Bobcats are discussing a trade centered around Glen "Big Baby'' Davis and D.J. Augustin, according to league sources.

The sources cautioned that nothing is imminent, but said the clubs are having discussions.

The Bobcats have been searching for a power forward, and the 6-9 Davis could be their man. The Celtics, meanwhile, have been longing for a backup point guard, and Augustin, who's fallen out of favor with Charlotte coach Larry Brown, would be more than adequate.

A straight-up trade would not work because Davis is a base-year compensation player, so other players would have to be involved to meet the financial requirements. That could be a sticking point in the deal.

While teams don't typically trade big for small, Boston is a bit aggravated with Davis, who's had a few off-the-court problems this season. Most notably, he missed the first 27 games of the season after breaking his thumb in an early morning scuffle with a friend.

The Celtics have been rumored to be shopping Ray Allen, and while league sources insist the word "shopping'' is too strong, they say the shooting guard is definitely available. Few believe he'll be traded before the Feb. 18 deadline, though, because the Celtics aren't likely to get a better player in return.

Default Re: Celtics, Bobcats in Trade Talks/Davis and D.J. Augustin

Why would they just drop Augustin? I thought Jordan liked this guy.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would they just drop Augustin? I thought Jordan liked this guy.
    they been shopping Augusting for a while now, LB does not like him. I wish the Pacers try to get him.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    they been shopping Augusting for a while now, LB does not like him. I wish the Pacers try to get him.
    Wasn't Augustin compared to another Texas PG that we are all familiar with?

But I thought that the Bobcats made overtures to the Raptors for TJ prior to the deal with JONeal.....if the Bobcats were interested then, I'd hope that Bird would place a quick call to Jordan to see if they are still interested
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-10-2010 at 03:41 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wasn't Augustin compared to another Texas PG that we are all familiar with?
    Yeah, I remember a lot of people wanted him based on his great character and intangibles. But you need some tangibles to actually make that matter. But Augustin is short. He's not that quick. He's not a great shooter and he's just an OK passer. I would look for someone with more talent than that when picking in the lottery.

He did everything pretty well at the college level. At the pro level nothing about him stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Yeah, I remember a lot of people wanted him based on his great character and intangibles. But you need some tangibles to actually make that matter.
    Love it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Augustin ranked in the top-10 in both 3% (9th) and FT% (6th) as a rookie. Guys who "can't shoot" don't do that sort of thing. Even this year, which has been a major disappointment overall, he's sporting a near 3:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.

He clearly has some talent, he's just fallen out of favor with bullheaded Larry Brown. If the Celtics can land him in exchange for a guy whose most interesting attribute is his obesity, they need to take it and run.

The Bobcats are in the thick of getting a playoffs spot and need another big. Davis would supply that and has a CHAMPIONSHIP ring and experience.

DJ is and has been in Brown's doghouse most of the season. He was Brown's boy last year, but we know how quickly Brown changes his mind on players.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Augustin ranked in the top-10 in both 3% (9th) and FT% (6th) as a rookie. Guys who "can't shoot" don't do that sort of thing. Even this year, which has been a major disappointment overall, he's sporting a near 3:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
    Augustin this year is shooting 37% from the field. He's playing poorly.

Everyone complaining about Larry Brown not playing him (or Gerald Henderson) should remember that Brown has that sorry franchise on track for their first ever playoff berth.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Augustin this year is shooting 37% from the field. He's playing poorly.

Everyone complaining about Larry Brown not playing him (or Gerald Henderson) should remember that Brown has that sorry franchise on track for their first ever playoff berth.
    BINGO!
    Grown Man Ball