View Poll Results: Which Indy team title loss bummed you out more?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • :thepacers The Pacers loss to the Lakers in the 2000 NBA Finals

22 61.11%
  • The Colts loss to the Saints in the 2010 Super Bowl

14 38.89%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 02/09/2010 Game Thread #52 Pacers vs Bulls

Default Re: 02/09/2010 Game Thread #52 Pacers vs Bulls

We came dangerously close to winning that game.

price is better than ford and watson combined

Dangerously close till the standard 4th quarter collapse... lol

It was awesome watching Mike Dunleavy run predetermined paths that had nothing to do with the game. Is he a robot?

Another 20-5 run to end the game... or something close to that. It was bad.

Another great coaching decision to bench AJ in favor of TJ. WTF Jim, WTF.

Another bad loss. I hope they lose every game from here on out just to see how bad it can get, and how long Larry will keep Jim.

I didn't think T.J. was that bad.

Seriously, where the hell has the smart Mike Dunleavy gone? He's turned into a chucker with not only slow, but undecisive defense.

Jim is a puzzle. No Price, showing signs of benching Roy by playing Solo, Roy in the high post, plus switching from small to big on every single dead ball.

Plus, theres a reason that the Shannon Browns, Jermaine O'Neals, Joe Johnsons (JOB should remember this), and Jared Dudleys of the world go from riding the benches on bad teams to being solid, or main contributors on good teams. Bad coaches can't evaluate talent. Josh, and maybe AJ may get sick of this mess and go to a team, and become extremely solid players, and make us look really stupid. That's what I can really imagine, especially with Josh. He has shown no signs of being bad, or bad enough to be a bench warmer, he just has never had the chance. And if he ever gets to play with a good coach, he may be a solid role player off the bench, performing very well in the playoffs, just like Shannon Brown and Glen Davis (although for injury reasons) did.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't think T.J. was that bad.
    He wasn't that bad...as a scorer off the bench. He stunk as a point guard, as usual.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    In that case, I know the number is 432432, but what do I have to text to that # to vote for AJ? thanks
    What was the poll question?

Us out-of-towners with LP were stuck with Stacey King and Neil Funk.

I CANNOT STAND Stacey King.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    He wasn't that bad...as a scorer off the bench. He stunk as a point guard, as usual.
    It was the same old TJ, ballhog for 20 seconds of the shot clock run into the lane jump in the air and hope someone catches it or there is a foul called. On the defensive side he ran under every screen on Kirk. Just stupid PG play that doesn't even work at the YMCA. It was horrible. Luckily he made enough jump shots to keep Jim happy, even if his teammates were like... WTF man...

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    I CANNOT STAND Stacey King.
    Either he or Neil Funk said with the players on our roster, we should be better. Which is something many of us can agree with. We have a well balanced team, but it's clearly obvious that it's the coach.

Other than that I couldn't stand listening to them.

lets not completely freak out about price benching...tj has arguably earned PT in the last two games, and its not clear AJ outplayed Watson in the last month

it also has to be said that Hibbert was bad when he came in the fourth with about 6 to play: missed shot, missed shot, TO, in order

Murphy was no better, giving up that dunk was pathetic under 2 mins...

Watching that fourth was disheartening all around

I just can't stand how everything is a "moving pick", or how bad John Salmons and Tyrus Thomas is, while Brad Miller and Taj Gibson is apple pie.

I heard alot of Bulls fans cheering at the game while watching on FSN. It felt like the MSA days when Jordan came to town.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

You'd think with the Colts the losing the super bowl that the Pacers would do something tonight to heal some wounds. &$*#&^@!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    lets not completely freak out about price benching...tj has arguably earned PT in the last two games, and its not clear AJ outplayed Watson in the last month

it also has to be said that Hibbert was bad when he came in the fourth with about 6 to play: missed shot, missed shot, TO, in order

Murphy was no better, giving up that dunk was pathetic under 2 mins...

Watching that fourth was disheartening all around
    Are you freaking serious?

What about the completely terrible play T.J. had through the first half of the season? He didn't earn any PG minutes..he earned scorer off the bench minutes. Two games with more turnovers than assists in a row..yes..that's a PG earning some time.

What about the fact that the Pacer's aren't going into the post season *they are a better team with Price in anyway*

And yes, A.J. Price is clearly more talanted than Watson. Where the Pacer's are at this point, he needs to be playing over the other two.

As I said. I don't know why I'm suprised. The dumbest decision JOB could have made was to have Price be the third string PG. It should have been obvious he was going to do that.

Maybe this is just me, but the stat line says Granger had a great game, a double double for him is quite rare, but when watching the game I thought he barely had an impact. It seemed like the PG's weren't looking for him, and he wasn't really going for the ball that much. Pretty lax on the defensive end. It seemed like all night long the ball was being moved away from him. In the 4th I thought Danny didn't really assert himself very much.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Maybe this is just me, but the stat line says Granger had a great game, a double double for him is quite rare, but when watching the game I thought he barely had an impact. It seemed like the PG's weren't looking for him, and he wasn't really going for the ball that much. Pretty lax on the defensive end. It seemed like all night long the ball was being moved away from him. In the 4th I thought Danny didn't really assert himself very much.
    I'm getting fairly frustrated with Danny. He has played like crap all year.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I didn't really want to post this, because I'm tired of it and it's a broken record.

But with about five minutes left, we were down four points or so. We had several exchanges back and forth, Roy missed two shots and had a turnover, but we made at least three stops in a row. That unit was:

Watson
    Rush
    DJones
    Granger
    Hibbert

Sound familiar? I won't go there.

Anyway, it just seemed to me they were very close to finding some rhythm on the offensive end. They had brought the game to within two points. I think this unit could have won the game for us.

Nope. Murphy in. Roy out.

Then Dunleavy in. DJones out.

Then, down by six. Game over.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I didn't really want to post this, because I'm tired of it and it's a broken record.

But with about five minutes left, we were down four points or so. We had several exchanges back and forth, Roy missed two shots and had a turnover, but we made at least three stops in a row. That unit was:

Watson
    Rush
    DJones
    Granger
    Hibbert

Anyway, it just seemed to me they were very close to finding some rhythm on the offensive end. They had brought the game to within two points. I think this unit could have won the game for us.

Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Add the Bulls announcers to the list of opposing team's announcers who think a) we should be better than we are and b) our offense sucks.
    That list would be too large. We should be adding announcers (and opposing coaches) who actually understands JOB's coaching.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watson
    Rush
    DJones
    Granger
    Hibbert
    No, no McKeyFan...this can't be right. Rush is an enigma. He's timid. He coasts through life. He doesn't shoot enough. He's a bust. His defense isn't even all that good (yes, someone on the board did say that recently). No way he's part of our best lineup.

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Watson
    Rush
    DJones
    Granger
    Hibbert

Still waiting for the NBALP replay so I can watch the last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I'm getting fairly frustrated with Danny. He has played like crap all year.
    I agree he is definitely not playing withe same passion and effort as last year. I remember last season he would curl underneath the basket and come of screens, pulling up for mid range jumper in the lane.

Anyway, it just seemed to me they were very close to finding some rhythm on the offensive end.
    didnt see that at all...they had absolutely nothing going on O

edit: that said, neither did any subsequent unit
    Last edited by dal9; 02-09-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Something I noticed, I haven't watched Rose that much..but when I do..he seems like a really talanted guy that makes poor decisions.