Thread: Xavier Henry

Default Xavier Henry

If we end up with a pick inside the top 10 I doubt taking a chance on this guy is warrante (unless he blows up end of the season) However if we are able to aquire a mid round pick to go along with our early one I would pull the trigger. We appear set at the SG/SF positions with DG and Rush but Dunleavy is getting older and had the injury, D. Jones will be getting older by the time we are ready to contend....would be nice to add a 3rd Wing prospect to the mix....I dont know for sure if Henry comes out this year....but I would love to have him.

Default Re: Xavier Henry

Dunno, man. If there's a position I'm really NOT interested in us drafting, it's wing. If we can't get a PG or PF in this draft, I'd prefer that we shop it and see what it could net us.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

There will be another Xavier Henry in next years draft where the Pacers will be "drafting in the lottery."

I dont see us getting a quality PG in this draft honestly. Outside of Wall I dont see a PG that is better than Price is. Next year looks to have e better PG crop than this.....if we wind up with 2 picks I would hope for a PF/C and a SG/SF....not saying Henry is the answer.....but with the possibility of him slipping to the mid-latemid 1st round he could be an intriguing guy to take with a later 1st rounder after we have already gotten our PF/C.

I dont think we're going for another wing in this year's draft. We seem content with Granger and Rush as our starting wings, and have D Jones come off the bench
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

My point isnt that we arent happy with Granger and Rush, Im content with them as well. I also like Jones, but we need more than 3 wings for the future......obviously we need a PF/C.....Im talking hypothetically if we ended up with a 2nd 1st rounder and we take a PF/C with the first one...what type of player do we take with the 2nd one.....it would be pointless to take a PG who has a ceiling lower than Price......and it wouldnt make much sense to draft 2 post players when we already have Tyler, Josh, Roy, and Solo.....not to mention Murphy and Foster who regardless of the rumors are still on the roster.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My point isnt that we arent happy with Granger and Rush, Im content with them as well. I also like Jones, but we need more than 3 wings for the future......obviously we need a PF/C.....Im talking hypothetically if we ended up with a 2nd 1st rounder and we take a PF/C with the first one...what type of player do we take with the 2nd one.....it would be pointless to take a PG who has a ceiling lower than Price......and it wouldnt make much sense to draft 2 post players when we already have Tyler, Josh, Roy, and Solo.....not to mention Murphy and Foster who regardless of the rumors are still on the roster.....
    I dont think Price's ceiling is all that high. I do like the kid, but I dont know if hes going to be a "good" NBA starter. I see him as a reliable PG off the bench.

If we could get another first round pick (somewhere between 18-25) we could get another PF like Ty Lawson or Collison.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

If we don't get Wall or say Favors I would be very happy with Greg Monroe and if we got a late first round pick I would like to get Jarvis Varnado

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we don't get Wall or say Favors I would be very happy with Greg Monroe and if we got a late first round pick I would like to get Jarvis Varnado
    I would still be happy with Turner or Cousins. Yes I agree, Turner is another swingman and we are loaded with them, but we could still trade him for other piece(s) (you always draft the best possible player)

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Turner is the only wing I would take this draft. Other than that I think we need to add a PF
    Murph

Ok I totaly agree 1st priority is PF.....for some reason my hypothetical situation of getting a >2nd< 1st rounder has been lost on some......I do like Varnado......but he is a bit smallish and if we are taking a PF with out initial pick, why spend a 2nd pick on a PF ? We already have McBob, Hansbrough, and whomever we take with the early 1st rounder.....I jsut dont see picking up yet another big. I think you misundestood me Millertime on Price.....I agree I dont think Price is the answer in the long term as a starter (although I do think he should start now for the rest of this season) I think Price will be an above avg 2nd PG......my point was that I dont see anyone else outside of Wall at PG that is even as good as Price......so no reason to draft any of them........to me in my perfect world I would draft a PF/C type of player who could play either position (not an undersized PF) 1st.....and then shore up our wing rotation.....the fact is that although Danny and Rush are part of the long term, Dunleavy is not, and Jones is nice, but he isnt quite as young, and we could use more than a 3 player rotation on the wing.....regardless with a Big taken 1st.....and no PGs worth taking....the only logical choice if we are keeping the pick is to take a wing.....that said....who would you choose that should be there.