Thread: What if: The Pacers aquired Andre Iguodola

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default What if: The Pacers aquired Andre Iguodola

We need something to alter the course of this franchise, we will not be major players in free agency in 2011 and are chances of significantly rebuilding through the draft at a perpetual 10 - 13 spot are slim.

WHAT WOULD 2010 LOOK LIKE?

First, 50 - 32. I have been an A.I. (Andre Iguodala) fan for quite sometime. I personally think the Pacers should make a move for A.I.. Andre Iguodala has the ability to attack the basket and play defense. I think he and Danny Granger would create an inside outside match-up nightmare. Imagine having this line up:

STARTING ROSTER

01 - A.J. Price
    02 - Andre Iguodola*
    03 - Danny Granger
    04 - DeMarcus Cousins** / Greg Monroe**
    05 - Roy Hibbert

RESERVE ROSTER

06 - Tyler Hansbrough
    07 - Earl Watson***
    08 - Samuel Dalembert
    09 - Brandon Rush (I left him out early, apologies).
    10 - Mike Dunleavy
    11 - Jeff Foster
    12 - Mike Dunleavy
    13 - Josh McRoberts/Solmon Jones

* Trade
    ** Draft
    *** Re-signed (Un-restricted free agent)

WHAT WOULD IT INVOLVE

A three way deal involving Cleveland and Philadelphia. The Pacers would send Murphy and Deiner to the Cavilers and receive Ilgauskas. The Pacers would trade the expriring contracts of Ilgauskas and T.J. Ford and the defensive savy D. Jones for Iguodolla and Dalembert.

WHY IT COULD HAPPEN

Because everybody wins. The Cavilers would get Murphy for less, and the 76ers would allow Ilgauskas and Ford's contracts to expire, giving them 20.0 million dollars in cap relief. The addition of Dahntay Jones would give them a solid player for 4 years with a very minimal contract. This would allow the 76ers to pursue Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh in addition to other free agents.

Meanwhile, the Pacers would be on track for real cap relief in 2011 when Dunleavy and Dalembert's contracts expire.

WHY IT WON'T HAPPEN

Because we aren't that lucky (Not since Artest-Miller-Mercer-Ollie for Rose-Best). Second, this deal is talent-pricey for Philadelphia and completely hinges on the 76ers potential desire to play a major role in the free agent market. It also makes the Pacers 10 million dollars heavier for 1 year, and while it would be worth it in my opinion - there is only so much money the Pacers can afford to spend.
    Last edited by 1984; 02-09-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Error... Brandon Rush

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What if: The Pacers aquired Andre Iguodola

Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need something to alter the course of this franchise, we will not be major players in free agency in 2011 and are chances of significantly rebuilding through the draft at a perpetual 10 - 13 spot are slim.

WHAT WOULD 2010 LOOK LIKE?

First, 50 - 32. I have been an A.I. (Andre Iguodala) fan for quite sometime. I personally think the Pacers should make a move for A.I.. Andre Iguodala has the ability to attack the basket and play defense. I think he and Danny Granger would create an inside outside match-up nightmare. Imagine having this line up:

STARTING ROSTER

01 - A.J. Price
    02 - Andre Iguodola*
    03 - Danny Granger
    04 - DeMarcus Cousins** / Greg Monroe**
    05 - Roy Hibbert

RESERVE ROSTER

06 - Tyler Hansbrough
    07 - Earl Watson***
    08 - Samuel Dalembert
    09 - Mike Dunleavy
    10 - Jeff Foster
    11 - Solomon Jones
    12 - Second Round Draft Pick
    13 - Josh McRoberts

* Trade
    ** Draft
    *** Re-signed (Un-restricted free agent)

WHAT WOULD IT INVOLVE

A three way deal involving Cleveland and Philadelphia. The Pacers would send Murphy and Deiner to the Cavilers and receive Ilgauskas. The Pacers would trade the expriring contracts of Ilgauskas and T.J. Ford and the defensive savy D. Jones for Iguodolla and Dalembert.

WHY IT COULD HAPPEN

Because everybody wins. The Cavilers would get Murphy for less, and the 76ers would allow Ilgauskas and Ford's contracts to expire, giving them 20.0 million dollars in cap relief. The addition of Dahntay Jones would give them a solid player for 4 years with a very minimal contract. This would allow the 76ers to pursue Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh in addition to other free agents.

Meanwhile, the Pacers would be on track for real cap relief in 2011 when Dunleavy and Dalembert's contracts expire.

WHY IT WON'T HAPPEN

Because we aren't that lucky (Not since Artest-Miller-Mercer-Ollie for Rose-Best). Second, this deal is talent-pricey for Philadelphia and completely hinges on the 76ers potential desire to play a major role in the free agent market. It also makes the Pacers 10 million dollars heavier for 1 year, and while it would be worth it in my opinion - there is only so much money the Pacers can afford to spend.

so where's B.Rush on the roster or trade scenario..........??????

oh and this might get moved with the trade section
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Mood

Because we aren't that lucky (Not since Artest-Miller-Mercer-Ollie for Rose-Best).
    You have a far different definition of luck than I do. I say the day this franchise traded for Ron Artest was merely the first in a long series of bad decisions that have resulted in being where it is today. Now, getting Granger at 17, that's lucky.

I'd like to get my hands on Iggy too, but I don't know how realistic this scenario is without seeing some actual salary numbers to crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    You have a far different definition of luck than I do. I say the day this franchise traded for Ron Artest was merely the first in a long series of bad decisions that have resulted in being where it is today. Now, getting Granger at 17, that's lucky.

I'd like to get my hands on Iggy too, but I don't know how realistic this scenario is without seeing some actual salary numbers to crunch.
    No. At the time we got Artest, it was a good trade. Especially considering what type of team we had before the brawl. The team is where it's at, because of the brawl and public demands.

Ford isn't an expiring until next season. He's owed 8.5 mil next season.

Banned

here is my trade, looks like nobody like it anyway. is pretty close to same thing you have.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=50465

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    No. At the time we got Artest, it was a good trade. Especially considering what type of team we had before the brawl. The team is where it's at, because of the brawl and public demands.
    That's not the way I see it. The two reasons you cite as being the main reasons this team is where it is would never have happened had he not been on this team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He reminds me of Dahntay Jones.

I'd rather get rid of Mike than Dahntay and Troy mainly because it frees us another wingman and we still have another PF.
    Last edited by Trophy; 02-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.

I don't know how realistic this scenario is without seeing some actual salary numbers to crunch.
    According to ESPN's "Trade Machine" it works. Also, ESPN indicates that Ford is in his final year of contract via player option. I would assume that T.J. would opt out of his contract if he is not starting. Also, because of a poor PG free agency class, T.J. is in the top 3 free agent PG's. While he may not attract 8.5 million, he could get something close from a desperate team.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

It won't happen, but that team wouldn't win 50.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

If wishes were fishes, we'd be swimming in an ocean.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    It won't happen, but that team wouldn't win 50.
    with JOB 35 games without him 48 to 50

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

am i the only one who wants to know where B.Rush is on the roster and the trade scenerio?
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    am i the only one who wants to know where B.Rush is on the roster and the trade scenerio?
    he would have to go, philly would want a young player back

The Cavs would only trade us Z if we bought him out so they could re-sign him, so we wouldn't be able to bounce him to Philly. And I'm not sure Philly would do that, regardless.

Also, this probably fits best in the Trade Proposals forum.

That's not the way I see it. The two reasons you cite as being the main reasons this team is where it is would never have happened had he not been on this team.
    The initial trade made basketball sense...period. Artest was a good up and coming player with great defensive skills and was really cheap. The individual in question made a bad mistake that impacted the team. Nothing more, nothing less. That would be like questioning the Kobe Bryant trade to LA, because of his alleged rape in Colorado. One "crime" was legally more punishable, but the impacts to the team was vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    He reminds me of Dahntay Jones.

I'd rather get rid of Mike than Dahntay and Troy mainly because it frees us another wingman and we still have another PF.
    Singing: "Money, Money."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

According to ESPN's "Trade Machine" it works. Also, ESPN indicates that Ford is in his final year of contract via player option. I would assume that T.J. would opt out of his contract if he is not starting. Also, because of a poor PG free agency class, T.J. is in the top 3 free agent PG's. While he may not attract 8.5 million, he could get something close from a desperate team.

No chance TJ opts out this offseason... sure, he'd love to get some more PT on a regular basis here, but it'll take him 2 or 3 years to recoup that $8.5M because he won't get close to that on the FA market this summer.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

If we somehow acquired Andre Iguodola, hell itself would freeze over and then he'd slip and fall and break his shoulder in five places.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."