Thread: Stephen Jackson is a funny guy!

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Stephen Jackson is a funny guy!

This guy is going to be fun to have around and he is already on his way to becoming one of my favorites.

Some of the things he said from his initial press conference:

How badly does he want to win another championship?

"Just say I'm from Somalia and I need food," he said.

What's his best position, shooting guard or small forward?

"Both. It's that simple."

How will he handle losing?

"I'm going to be the jerk on the team if we're losing. Honestly. I'm going to be a problem in the locker room, everything. But I know this is a winning organization and I want to be a part of it."

Nothing Jackson said surprised Carlisle. He got a taste of Jackson's boyish enthusiasm before the news conference.

"He was just chest-bumping me in the hall," Carlisle said.

What does he know about Indiana?

" 'Hoosiers,' the movie. That's it. I've studied Jimmy's (Chitwood) jump shot and tried to make it mine. All I know is Larry Bird and 'Hoosiers,' that's it."
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Stephen Jackson is a funny guy!

I was every happy when I first heard we were going to get SJ , I think he will be very good for this team , it's just too bad he hasn't even played a min for us and people are already being ...ummm harsh without seeing what value he will bring. Even if he doesn't start he will be a fine backup I think and he will be learning our system , I do think this guy will be a future Starter for us after Reggie Retires from the team possiable after this next season.

Maybe Reggie can help him with his 3's and show him some things that might make him even more of an assest in the future.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If he continues with his positive attitude, it will definitely rub off on the rest of the team. I'm excited to see what he will do on the floor.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"SJax" just sounds stupid. Call him "SJ". Everybody's doing it! Well, okay.. just me....
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Hi all, I'm new here. Just found the place last week. Seems like a great board.

RE: Steven Jackson's nickname. Since you all kicked around some stuff like "Sax" and "S-Jack" in an earlier thread, and they seemed close, but notquite right; and since he likes to make love to pressure, I suggest the nickname:

SEX

Pretty cool, huh?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SpursBling
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just think an already clutch performer (Sjax) being mentored or given tips by the Clutch Master himself (Reggie)

Sjax will fit beautifully with your team.
    Those clutch clips of SJax were awesome.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions